Has this game gone downhill?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Just got back from a week of vacation to find myself completely unmotivated to even play the game. Ended up doing a fractal over the weekend and thought: “ kitten I’m 270 fractal relics into getting my 1850 for the ascended fractal capacitor, and it feels kitten repetitive already”.

It makes me think back to a month or two ago where I was happy to run an assortment of dungeons over and over again, getting tokens even though I didn’t need them for anything. And now, I’m really not sure what use they have either. So much of the game has become irrelevant in PvE.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I haven’t really played since Assassin’s Creed 3 and Black Ops 2 came out, and I don’t even play those two games anymore. I feel completely unmotivated to play GW2 lately. I try to create a new character and get so bored I can’t get past level 10. I feel no reason to play my 80 Necro

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

ugh, lets not try to start up the whole fractals are awful thing again. Please! No the game is not going downhill. If you don’t enjoy it then I am very sorry that it is not the game for you. Really though, the forums here are starting to get to a decent place again and it is nice.

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

kKagari.6804

How has the game gone uphill then? There are less people playing and everyone is shuffling themselves to that new dungeon. So much harder to get a group to do any PvE content that is non dungeon.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

How has the game gone uphill then? There are less people playing and everyone is shuffling themselves to that new dungeon. So much harder to get a group to do any PvE content that is non dungeon.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6915/99384436.png
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9392/52397020.png

There’s just as much people playing as there was.
If I want to do an event, all I need to do is yell about it on the map chat. I’m seeing plenty of people and we got new content. How did it go downhill?

kKagari.6804

If I want to do an event, all I need to do is yell about it on the map chat. I’m seeing plenty of people and we got new content. How did it go downhill?

Actually, this was explained by an Arenanet employee that it isn’t indicative of how many players are actively online at that time.

I’m referring to how before Nov15, there was the ever present issue of player congestion in Orr, and that there was simply no reason to go elsewhere in the game. Arenanet’s solution, to introduce FotM, simply solidifies this problem by adding another tier of loot only accessible via one dungeon in the game, with horrendous grind. There’s simply no-one in the mid level areas, and with good reason too.

Mirta.5029

Actually, this was explained by an Arenanet employee that it isn’t indicative of how many players are actively online at that time.

I’m referring to how before Nov15, there was the ever present issue of player congestion in Orr, and that there was simply no reason to go elsewhere in the game. Arenanet’s solution, to introduce FotM, simply solidifies this problem by adding another tier of loot only accessible via one dungeon in the game, with horrendous grind. There’s simply no-one in the mid level areas, and with good reason too.

Then why am I actually seeing people in the mid level areas? No matter what zone I went to there were still people doing events with me. There is still the same population. In level 70-80 zone people are still doing Claw of Jormag in big numbers. You can catch groups doing events in level 50 zones… The only less populated place is 2/3 maps of Orr and even then I’ve seen 6 people there. Starter areas are booming in population too.

Ualtar.5047

Ah! thought you were asking a question and trying to learn. Instead you have your predetermined opinion already.

To answer this quote. Every online game loses a significant portion of the initial audience. The key is to get new people to buy in, but the population will possibly never be as high as the original few weeks. Also in the beginning people play a lot, it is like a feeding frenzy. Then people start to get full and pull away and play at a more normal pace. There is also a spreading out of population, everybody that was concentrated in the beginning areas are spread throughout the game. Those things combined will reduce the numbers.

Every online game has this problem. Every online game has these kinds of thread questioning the drop in population. Every online game is considered to be dead or dying within months of opening its doors.

For instance, here is a post in guildwarsguru asking if GW1 was dying less then 2 months after it was release. As we all know, GW1 still exists many years later.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/gw-already-dying-offi-t24342.html?t=24342&highlight=dying

I remember posts in LOTRO asking the same things right after release. LOTRO still exists and had an expansion release recently.

Alrekr Yerling

kKagari.6804

Ah! thought you were asking a question and trying to learn. Instead you have your predetermined opinion already.

To answer this quote. Every online game loses a significant portion of the initial audience. The key is to get new people to buy in, but the population will possibly never be as high as the original few weeks. Also in the beginning people play a lot, it is like a feeding frenzy. Then people start to get full and pull away and play at a more normal pace. There is also a spreading out of population, everybody that was concentrated in the beginning areas are spread throughout the game. Those things combined will reduce the numbers.

Every online game has this problem. Every online game has these kinds of thread questioning the drop in population. Every online game is considered to be dead or dying within months of opening its doors.

For instance, here is a post in guildwarsguru asking if GW1 was dying less then 2 months after it was release. As we all know, GW1 still exists many years later.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/gw-already-dying-offi-t24342.html?t=24342&highlight=dying

I remember posts in LOTRO asking the same things right after release. LOTRO still exists and had an expansion release recently.

I’m not talking about population. I’m talking about the ‘welfare’ of the game. FotM has made the rest of the game (PvE) less accessible than before.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Nope .. I am having a lot of fun. Finishing legendary atm Should be done tomorrow.

Guild Wars 2 is one of the best mmorpg i have played in past 9 years.

Ualtar.5047

I’m not talking about population. I’m talking about the ‘welfare’ of the game. FotM has made the rest of the game (PvE) less accessible than before.

You said there are less people playing. It is harder to get a group. Sounds like a population thing to me.

Play what you want to play. Invite people to play with you. Try not to get worked up about things like new dungeons if other people want to play them. That will greatly affect your outlook on the game and life in general.

Alrekr Yerling

kKagari.6804

You said there are less people playing. It is harder to get a group. Sounds like a population thing to me.

Play what you want to play. Invite people to play with you. Try not to get worked up about things like new dungeons if other people want to play them. That will greatly affect your outlook on the game and life in general.

Hmm, if my tone of err…internet is ‘worked up’ to you, then I could really say the same about you. Try not to get too worked up about other people falling out of love with the game you like.

And yes, I’m talking about the welfare of the game. The welfare of the game involves players. I’m not making presumptions on how the population has changed, but one thing for certain is that the population has been funneled. The changes made to the game are indicative of this. Whether there are MORE people playing the game or less, they are doing a smaller variety of content.

Tbh, I didn’t think I’d tire of this game so quickly though. Honestly thought I’d give it a solid year.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

i’am not playing this game since 2weeks, and it dont miss me a second.
Boring class, no build choice, too much grind everywhere, not a lot interesting fashion armor, Stat grinding boring me as hell.. everything i hate in a mmo.

That’s sad since during 5-6years in GW1 i hardly was able to not play it.

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

Then why am I actually seeing people in the mid level areas? No matter what zone I went to there were still people doing events with me. There is still the same population. In level 70-80 zone people are still doing Claw of Jormag in big numbers. You can catch groups doing events in level 50 zones… The only less populated place is 2/3 maps of Orr and even then I’ve seen 6 people there. Starter areas are booming in population too.

I want to see a time stamp on those photos or your just making crap up. Anyone can post a photo and claim it’s from a certain time when it doesn’t have a time stamp.

kKagari.6804

I want to see a time stamp on those photos or your just making crap up. Anyone can post a photo and claim it’s from a certain time when it doesn’t have a time stamp.

Personally I can attest to the starter areas been within a decent amount of player sightings, (to me that’s about 1 person every 30 seconds or so).

Honorary mention goes to Fields of Ruin, my vote for the most desolate region in the whole of Tyria.

Mirta.5029

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6718/46261331.png
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9786/47349487.png

I included my calendar into it while printscreening. If you want you can a) check it for yourself b) I can runout into a random zone and photograph people for you.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Do you know what Low, Med, High, Full pop ranges are? Because I sure don’t.

Mirta.5029

low about 2000 people
med – between 5000 and 10 000 people
high is 10 000 people
full cap is about 15 000 or so me thinks.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

low about 2000 people
med – between 5000 and 10 000 people
high is 10 000 people
full cap is about 15 000 or so me thinks.

I haven’t seen those numbers posted anywhere. Is this a guessing game or do you actually know?

kKagari.6804

I included my calendar into it while printscreening. If you want you can a) check it for yourself b) I can runout into a random zone and photograph people for you.

Its not indicative of online players. Just players ‘living’ in the server. A CC dev said this, take that how you will, it wasn’t a very well written post though.

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

If I want to do an event, all I need to do is yell about it on t

he map chat. I’m seeing plenty of people and we got new content. How did it go downhill?

They can change the number of people to make it show high at anytime though.

If numbers dip you can change high at 2000 to 1250 to high to give the impression of volume. Numbers lie

That one person.

Mirta.5029

he map chat. I’m seeing plenty of people and we got new content. How did it go downhill?

If numbers dip you can change high at 2000 to 1250 to high to give the impression of volume. Numbers lie

they’re being both sponsored and monitored by other companies. If they had seen such fluctuation ArenaNet would get in a lot of trouble. Plus these numbers fluctuate when measured nightly/ daily and on weekends depending on how many people are logged in. Today seems a busy night.

Mirta.5029

Its not indicative of online players. Just players ‘living’ in the server. A CC dev said this, take that how you will, it wasn’t a very well written post though.

then why does it fluctuate daily/ nightly/ weekly?

Ualtar.5047

they’re being both sponsored and monitored by other companies. If they had seen such fluctuation ArenaNet would get in a lot of trouble. Plus these numbers fluctuate when measured nightly/ daily and on weekends depending on how many people are logged in. Today seems a busy night.

I don’t know…you might be wrong.

I bet Anet is just evil enough to have somebody sitting around every all time time every day to change how many people trigger the high and full notifications. I mean we do know they are bunch of liars, people on the internet told me so.

/end sarcasm

The game is doing great. Way more people bought it then expected, and many people are still playing it. I don’t understand why people want to wish death to any game they play, and why they will discuss to death in what way it is dying.

Alrekr Yerling

Posted by: Grimrah.9256

Grimrah.9256

No the game is doing great for me and my family and friends…TY

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

thats what i see on my sever as well

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

I quit a little while back. So did a number of people I follow on tumblr, at least 20~ some people in my social circle. And if their posts are any indication, their social circles are the same, too. Many have gone to other games (everything from Mass Effect 3’s multi-player, to Champions Online, to Free Realms).

If that sample is any indication, then ArenaNet must be hurting right now and wishing their souls away to quickly become the next WoW, somehow. They’re already a good way there with their many ‘fun taxes’ and their dismissal of the power plateau. And to be honest, considering how many threads/posts I’ve seen here, on GW2Guru, and on MMORPG.com about empty servers and the results thereof?

Well, I think that my social group is a pretty good indicator. The mass exodus begone a while back, it’s only going to get worse from here as more and more people just get fed up and leave.

It’s Warhammer Online all over again.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

The OP said that the game is dying because Tombs (the pvp area) is hard.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

My server isn’t empty. It’s just a pain in the kitten to get a group for anything other than fractals, which is why I’m boycotting that dungeon for now. The game is fine other than that. A few bugs here and there but not too bad.

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

Same here. Unmotivated is the word. It was fun for a short while. Time to move on.

kKagari.6804

I actually made a guild two weeks ago. It consisted of the ‘last’ players of other guilds. I was the leader of a guild of 20+ players, and my other guild mates also had guilds of that number.

My new guild is less than 10 strong. A ragtag team of ‘survivors’ you might say.

Its called Treadmill [gear]. Hit me up with an invite if you’d like.

But to answer your claim. It doesn’t solve much really. If anything, I log on to the game to talk to my guildmates rather than play the game itself. And the most hilarious problem with guilds:

Say you have 5 guild mates. Doing fractals is fine. You all advance happily. now if you have a number that is not a multiple of 5, those players are either going to be: not playing with you, or at a difficulty different to you. Fractals actually RUIN guilds.

(edited by kKagari.6804)

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

Fortunately, the contested waypoints around the Straits of Devastation don’t. Even if the game servers WERE full, it doesn’t change the fact that everyone’s funneling into the fractal dungeons now, rather than helping their fellow players achieve exotic sets in Orr.

This effect alone is pushing players out the door. Anyone who thinks this game is going anywhere BUT down is out of their minds. All but five people in my guild have stopped logging in over the course of the last two weeks. According to the posts of others in this thread, I am not alone in this plight.

The demographics are pretty telling.

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

I actually made a guild two weeks ago. It consisted of the ‘last’ players of other guilds. I was the leader of a guild of 20+ players, and my other guild mates also had guilds of that number.

My new guild is less than 10 strong. A ragtag team of ‘survivors’ you might say.

But to answer your claim. It doesn’t solve much really. If anything, I log on to the game to talk to my guildmates rather than play the game itself. And the most hilarious problem with guilds:

Say you have 5 guild mates. Doing fractals is fine. You all advance happily. now if you have a number that is not a multiple of 5, those players are either going to be: not playing with you, or at a difficulty different to you. Fractals actually RUIN guilds.

Your argument seems to rest solely on the assumption that everyone in a guild feels the need to run fractals all the time or that fractals are the only thing worth doing. Wrong.
As I said, my guild devotes nights of the week to all areas of the game. If various members share different fractal levels than noone has any problem whatsoever starting from scratch to get them up because HEY we’re in a guild and it’s fun.

Also it sounds like your guild is too small. Expand. Advertise. How do you think my guild found me and I it?

Running a guild takes work.

Also it sounds like the initial formation and naming of your guild revolves around your shared bleak outlook towards this game.

Having said that it comes as no surprise that your numbers are so small. Who wants to work and play with players who have such pessimism? That’s just depressing. The name of your guild says that much on it’s own.

So no, I’d have to argue that Fractals doesn’t ruin guilds.

Oreoz.2573

Fortunately, the contested waypoints around the Straits of Devastation don’t. Even if the game servers WERE full, it doesn’t change the fact that everyone’s funneling into the fractal dungeons now, rather than helping their fellow players achieve exotic sets in Orr.

This effect alone is pushing players out the door. Anyone who thinks this game is going anywhere BUT down is out of their minds. All but five people in my guild have stopped logging in over the course of the last two weeks. According to the posts of others in this thread, I am not alone in this plight.

Orr isn’t empty due to Fractals. I can almost guarantee it.

Orr is empty because Orr never works. That’s why.

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

Funny, because everyone on Tarnished Coast was running it prior to the release of FotM; kitten near everyone who had been since launch was wearing full Armageddon or better.

Clearly, it works well enough to accomplish what needs done for now.

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Up until November 15th Orr was as lively as ever on Tarnished Coast. I completed my full Arma set in 2 weekends because of the sheer number of people doing Plinx farm.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Oreoz you are right about Orr, there were many bugs with DE’s this weekend and they need to fix that. I also hear that people love Frostgorge sound and The Southsun cove much more than Orr so this is something they’re probably looking into. Fractals arguably draws the most people, I can guarantee it. Large boss events like the dragons draw many people because of the rewards you could get. The same is true for fractals. Fractals doesn’t ruin guilds, but it does make it harder to find groups for every other dungeon out there. People are no longer interested in running certain explorable instances and even some in story mode.

I don’t think this game is in trouble. The population is still steady, but people are becoming discouraged by the direction this game is going in. Honestly, I probably would be quitting too if it weren’t for the fact that I love this game so much. But I am biased in that respect, as I know of many others who are getting frustrated and are not returning at all because they are bored or don’t care anymore. Will this pessimism kill GW2? Not likely. However that doesn’t mean there is no affect on the community as a whole.

Oreoz.2573

Funny, because everyone on Tarnished Coast was running it prior to the release of FotM; kitten near everyone who had been since launch was wearing full Armageddon or better.

Clearly, it works well enough to accomplish what needs done for now.

Funny, cuz it was broken for a straight week on my server so the zone was empty.

ZOMFG WE HAVE DIFFERENT PLAYING EXPERIENCES!!

Plus Orr truly does break all the time. Look at the Dynamic Events threads. And yeah, that dozen or so folk you see wearing Armageddon must mean that there’s no flaws in Orr whatsover and Fractals must be ruining everything.

claps

The game has bugs. It has issues. But it’s not going down.

Do you realize naysayers are kind of like an industry joke?

They’re always there, much like the guy on the side of the street with the “APOCOLYPSE NOW” sign strapped to his stomach.

It’s been 3 months. Every game has problems.

Show me a perfect MMO and I’ll show you a developer who specializes in slavery.

kKagari.6804

Your argument seems to rest solely on the assumption that everyone in a guild feels the need to run fractals all the time or that fractals are the only thing worth doing. Wrong.
As I said, my guild devotes nights of the week to all areas of the game. If various members share different fractal levels than noone has any problem whatsoever starting from scratch to get them up because HEY we’re in a guild and it’s fun.

Also it sounds like your guild is too small. Expand. Advertise. How do you think my guild found me and I it?

Also it sounds like the initial formation and naming of your guild revolves around your shared bleak outlook towards this game.

Having said that it comes as no surprise that your numbers are so small. Who wants to work and play with players who have such pessimism? That’s just depressing. The name of your guild says that much on it’s own.

Wow, cheers for the primer for starting up a guild. I’d start believing it too if your whole post wasn’t marred by the failure of your assumptions. See the thing is, my guild used to like doing fractals. We met and made a guild because we all ran fractals together. However, you can’t reasonably expect everyone to be on a the same time and to be able to play together. Fractals with friends require this.

The devs themselves even admitted it was a design oversight last week in their AMA. Your guild either slows down to accommodate for players who haven’t caught up or everyone needs to wait for their friends to get online in order to proceed. The whole design goes against cooperative play with friends and likens itself to favoring opportunists who want to soldier on by themselves. But hey, don’t take my word for it, the devs themselves have admitted it so.

You see, I’m glad for you and your guild of happy co-workers. Whether that is the general outlook for all the guilds across GW2, you and I both won’t know. But the fact my guild consists of the ‘last player’ of their pervious guilds is saying something.

Oreoz.2573

Wow, cheers for the primer for starting up a guild. I’d start believing it too if your whole post wasn’t marred by the failure of your assumptions. See the thing is, my guild used to like doing fractals. We met and made a guild because we all ran fractals together. However, you can’t reasonably expect everyone to be on a the same time and to be able to play together. Fractals with friends require this.

The devs themselves even admitted it was a design oversight last week in their AMA. Your guild either slows down to accommodate for players who haven’t caught up or everyone needs to wait for their friends to get online in order to proceed. The whole design goes against cooperative play with friends and likens itself to favoring opportunists who want to soldier on by themselves. But hey, don’t take my word for it, the devs themselves have admitted it so.

You see, I’m glad for you and your guild of happy co-workers. Whether that is the general outlook for all the guilds across GW2, you and I both won’t know. But the fact my guild consists of the ‘last player’ of their pervious guilds is saying something.

The most interesting part of your response was when you said “slows down.”

Who are you racing against?

What is the hurry?

And yes, everyone is on at the same time to do the fractal levels they want. It’s the benefit of being in a larger guild because our guild leaders did their duty and advertised themselves and worked at it.

I have friends in Sweden now because of those guys. lol

The differentiating levels are an oversight. Hopefully they “tier” them as rumor suggests.

But it’s got to be said that if you want improvement, you need to expand. You need to work to be able to achieve what you want. If joe isn’t on to do fractals, then play with betsy or so on and so forth.

Why do they always need to be on the same level as you? From what i’m seeing the lower levels reward more right now anyway. lol

And no, the fact that your “guild” of less than a dozen consists of players from guilds that have disbanded doesn’t say anything except that you have a guild with a handful of players who had a bad experience with a previous guild.

To imply that that’s saying something is like me taking a handful of sand from a beach, chucking it into the water and then pointing at the rest of the beach and going “YOU’RE ALL NEXT.”

The experiences of some is not reflective of the experiences of the many unless we have hard numbers showing otherwise.

We don’t.

So I can only reiterate what I said before.

Expand your guild so that you have a larger pull of players to choose from when it comes to playing fractals. If they’re not on the same level as you then so what? You’re in a guild. Play together. Get each other up there!

And I would again recommend changing the name. It’s kind of alienating.

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

A free to play game going down hill after 3 months with 2 large upcoming patches in both December and Jan? Right after a large content/holiday patch in October and November? Yeah…..Uh.

You can figure it out. If you’re over the game, then you’re over the game. Come back in 6 or 12 months if you feel like it, see where it’s at then.

Tolmos.8395

A free to play game going down hill after 3 months with 2 large upcoming patches in both December and Jan? Right after a large content/holiday patch in October and November? Yeah…..Uh.

You can figure it out. If you’re over the game, then you’re over the game. Come back in 6 or 12 months if you feel like it, see where it’s at then.

I thought the exact same thing about Star Wars Galaxies when NGE released… also on November 15th, amusingly enough.

That’s a baaaaaad day for MMO patches lol

Posted by: Rusty.7942

Rusty.7942

Game is NOT going downhill !!!
Game has NOT changed, game is still awesome.
But I have changed, 2 lvl 80s, and no motivation to make another.

For me at lvl 80 there is nothing that is fun anymore.
Dont want to continually run dungeons, farming mats is too hard with the huge number of mobs near the nodes.

Legendary ?? Feel that it will be a whole lot of effort for ‘geewiz I have a legendary, what now’.

Game was great while it lasted, dont know how much longer I will play though.

kKagari.6804

The name is fine actually. People that are most against it are often the ones who are in denial of what the game has become. I’m not sure how me been the last person in my previous guild has anything to do with it been a bad experience. Some people, like the 20 or so friends I invited to start GW2 with me, simply have become disinterested in the game. Why is that so hard to understand?

The thing is, whatever content they release from now on will always funnel players. Thats the nature of new content, everyone wants to try it. I don’t blame Arenanet for that, but I have to admit it was poorly implemented. Difficulty level constraints was a problem that was brought up by the community before the patch yet only now they admit their mistake. Fixes for it will not come for a while either.

Its likely something to do with the way Arenanet chooses to add these bite size content patches too. They’ll act as funnel after funnel. Its probably best if they released a bigger load of content all at once so that players will diversify their interests rather than all go for the latest stuff.

That IMO, is why the game is going downhill.

Now, you’re right about one thing, there is no rush in completing the fractals faster. But you can’t discount that that is some player’s chosen playstyle. If the ascended gear philosophy is anything of note, Arenanet seems to really care about ‘progression’ now. The whole FotM is testament to this. Unfortunately, helping other players goes against this very logic (sad but true) so you really can’t blame other players for wanting to progress either.

I know I’d be frustrated running fractals another 10 times, none of which progresses my difficulty scale once.

Tolmos.8395

Game has NOT changed

The game not going downhill is subjective, so I won’t argue there. You don’t think it is, and so to you that’s true. But the game not changing is not subjective- it HAS changed. It went from a gear plateau, story driven horizontal progression game to a gear driven, vertical progression game. All with 1 patch.

That’s as big of a change as an MMO can get…

Posted by: Jin GW Two.6125

Jin GW Two.6125

lol, subjective? Tolmos.8395 WTH! Its a simple question. It may be the wrong question subjectively. However, I love the game. I do want to make it better and so do most people. Anet fix our game plz! we need HEROES / NPC’S/ or just better adjustments during events/solo bosses/and other activities without Groups. OUR SERVERS ARE WAY UNBALANCED AND/OR TO MANY PEOPLE ARE DOING FRACTALS, IDK , where have all the players gone??? HoD is empty in all the areas i have been in. I can’t do alot of harts or skill-points alone. This is the greatest game in the world, subjectively to me. I don’t care if I have to play the game alone, but I need help. Please tell me you are working on a solution?

Posted by: endless.1376

endless.1376

I don’t think the game has gone downhill if you enjoy the content. The beauty of the game is that you can always go back and redo various zones and experience the events again. The dungeons will still be there, the jumping puzzles to test your skills, and a new story could always be experienced.

In addition to this I think that they are learning from their first Guild Wars MMO and realizing what needs fixing or tweaking. There is also a rumor going around that Jan and Feb updates are going to be as large as a typical expansion. That could end up being very good for the game.

The best part of this game is that there is no monthly fee. You pay once and you can come back whenever. The biggest downside though is how reliant it seems to be on the cash shop in design.

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

Yes
/Message Body length must at least be 15.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The game experience has gone uphill for me,
I got fed up with all the zergs going around the harder events chains. Now there’s not more than 10 people at one event, and I gotta say, the quality for those events is much much better than with 100people and 1 fps (though the Claw of Jormag still has this issue lol, so much for dead)

Plus all the people that are negative on the game are now only on the forum! win! :P

But seriously, I lately haven’t played that much anymore as in the start, or I don’t feel that I need to play any more since I seen everything. Okay, almost everything, I still need to do some dungeons.
Still, having the most fun with people who are like “I have seen most things” and then I still can show them around. Especially when I get reactions where they say, “Oh wow, this is awesome.”

Of course such locations are generally off the usual “farming spots”, and take a bit of searching. But it seems everyone cares more for how much loot they get.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I don’t really care about ascended gear, so the game isnt about just running fractals for me. So no, the game has not gone downhill imo. Instead, it has given me some new things to do since the last update, but I don’t feel like it’s mandatory to do it.

Don’t want to be running only fractals? Then don’t. There is plenty of other stuff to do (for me, at least).