Has your favorite profession changed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

If you had asked me in Sept what my favorite profession was I would have said ranger, and I would have probably added that warrior would be my last choice. I’ve played many RPGs, and have never liked simple melee in any game that I’ve played prior to GW2. However, I had a name from GW1 that I didn’t want to lose and created a warrior in October to hold onto that name for me. Then I played it a little, and…I played some more…and… Holy Skritt! I’m having so much fun spinning and jumping and shouting.

Anyone else discover a new favorite profession that took them by surprise?

Posted by: Thumper Six.9602

Thumper Six.9602

Well…..my favorite is still the ranger I think. I have an alt the for every other profession and I find myself really enjoying the Messer and the Thief as well.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Favourite has always been Thief. Swayed towards the Warrior when I rolled an alt, but was too…basic. Can’t describe it, it just doesn’t feel as interesting as a Thief playstyle (in PvE at least).

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

I have always played casters similar to the elementalist in other games. I leveled one here to 80 and have strayed from it lately. Leveled a ranger to 80 and both classes feel underpowered to me. More so the ranger, but everyone things the ranger needs some work.

Now i am leveling a mesmer and a thief. Mesmer is just good for doing jumping puzzles. Set a portal and explore. If you fall just set the other one and move back up to where you were. Love it. Thief has been fun because of stealth and the skills from stealth. Probably going to go towards condition damage on him.

I guess i dont even have a favorite here. Least favorites though would be engineer and warrior.

Posted by: NuclearBuddha.8641

NuclearBuddha.8641

Not really, it’s still engineer. I’m surprised I didn’t like thief as much as I expected, though. I actually got rid of my thief and remade them as a ranger. (I know, I know, go ahead and point and laugh.)

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I also stayed away from playing melee classes because it’s so close and personal. I looked over each profession and decided to start with Guardian.

I. Love. It.

I like being able to lead my party through monsters to ‘skip’ various parts of dungeons, and to bring their hp up and protect them from damage. ^__^

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

i have 1 or more of each class, except guardian.

couldnt say who was my favourite other than saying who i have levelled most overall,
which would be Warrior.

after her, my Thief, Elementalist and Engineer come second,
the others follow slowly after.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Ranger is much much weaker now than it was in beta, and the pets are still bugged.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I started with a ranger then a thief and then a mesmer. Currently the mesmer is my favorite, although I may try an elementalist. I started a warrior but gave up after about 40 levels.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’ll answer your question in both the way you intended and the way I thought it meant.

No. My favorite class hasn’t changed in that I do not have a new favorite class.

Yes. My favorite class has changed in that they haven’t fixed any of the on land abilities or balanced the pve damage ratios leaving it broken and difficult to play. (condition damage nerf)

:)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

My first 80 was a ranger. I still have him of course, but he often falls off the login-screen. My first 50-win achievement on a character was a thief who’s now relegated to storage.

I’m spending my play time on my guardian (2nd 80) and ele (who’ll hit 80 this weekend, unless we get distracted by pvp).

Posted by: Dicemeister.9340

Dicemeister.9340

Favorite is, and always has been elementalist.
However, I went from loving the staff to being D/D only. This saddens me.
Being an asura, my weapons are smell enough! Having daggers makes them practically invisible.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

My consistent favorite is Engineer. It’s just very dynamic and fun.
What I really didn’t expect was to hate playing a thief.. I don’t hate all melee, but I dunno, I can’t really get into it.

Posted by: Budg.3064

Budg.3064

At the start I loved the idea of the mesmer, and he is my highest level character. However, I’ve recently started a necromancer and I am surprised by how much I like it so far, despite what their subforum thinks of them.

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

The only change for me has been going from S/D to D/D with my elementalist. Been playing this class since BWE1 and still find it the most fun by far.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

My favorite was the Ranger. But un-needed changes where made and we where lied to about those changes and now I haven’t touched my Ranger in over a month.

At first I waited to see if they where going to help the Ranger class out by utilizing Rangers other short bow skills, like they said they where going to do but it never happened.

I have played the other classes Warrior and Elem are fun, but never as much fun as my Ranger was.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I haven’t changed, my favorite has been Mesmer since BWE3
I love the class though it has certainly changed since then, but I adapt.

I also like Elementalist and have one as my main alt, my next in line is Thief but I have trouble getting into it- I think I am missing something fundamental there.

My Guardian trails behind…..
Oh and I made a second Mesmer

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Guard since day 1

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos