Hats off to Steve Staley

Hats off to Steve Staley

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

AKA the Asura male player voice. His lines don’t ever feel old to me, and I’ve heard them a million times. “Infuriating!” even still occasionally makes me smile, it’s delivered so perfectly. I don’t know how he does it. Bravo.

(Well, maybe I’ve heard “I feel six feet tall” a few too many times, it’s the only line that sort of annoys me sometimes. But it’s more due to the joke that got old so long ago than to the voice actor)

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

My favourite is “I have ignition” when switching to fire attunement on ele.

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

“Cleansing, will now begine” (changing to water atument)
“It seems I need to teach you a lesson” (going into combat)
“I feel 6 FEET TALL!” (Gaining might)

3 of the best ones.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d play nothing but Asura (if not for the fact I can’t see enough detail in armor & weapons): great personal story, great voice actors (both of them), and some really fun dialogue.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: OliverV.3406

OliverV.3406

“And now… to destroy you!”

Favourite line

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I love "You brought this on yourself" - said in a way which sounds like he’s not angry, just disappointed.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Yes! I really feel like the voice acting is the reason why I love my main (asura guard) so much. They’ve certainly captured the elements that I really love in a character just in the voicing.

Totally agree, Ceridwen. It’s the phrases like this that make asura feel so much more emotionally dynamic than other races.

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

While I don’t have any Asura at this time, I did notice how spot on the NPCs of that race are when it comes to delivery and tone. The voice acting for that race in general seems to be very well made.

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I’m also partial to “Guess who’s back… it’s me, by the way.”

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Asura and their voice actors are awesome! I play a female asuran mesmer and it’s so fun. Sometimes she says: “You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse!” It’s so mean, but fits the arrogance and hubris of an asura.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

Asura and their voice actors are awesome! I play a female asuran mesmer and it’s so fun. Sometimes she says: “You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse!” It’s so mean, but fits the arrogance and hubris of an asura.

Female asura best VA. i also like “Combine and compound!”

Hats off to Steve Staley

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Most of the voice actors are pretty grand. But can I just be irritated at something that has nothing to do with the actor himself?

“I feel six feet tall!”

METERS, consarnnit… No wonder the Asura keep blowing things up. They use the wrong units for Science.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632