Have I missed something?

Have I missed something?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Huggywuggles.2814

Huggywuggles.2814

I don’t recall seeing anything about what I’m about to ask so forgive me if it’s already been stated or asked.

My friends have talked a great deal about the Destruction of LA and the event that surrounded it with a great deal of enthusiasm.

Is there going to be an event for the re-opening of LA as well?

I am a Juicebox Hero. I poke straws in Risen Eyes.

Have I missed something?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Nothing like the destruction which was part of the Living Story. At least, nothing that we know of. There may be player-sponsored ‘events’, though.

I think this patch is more about the new features, etc., than story. I’m sure there will be some new dialogue from new, of course, NPCs, and probably from some of the older ones, as well.

Good luck.

Have I missed something?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

There are several player hosted events listed in the In-game Events forum that you might find entertaining.

The Burninator

Have I missed something?

Huggywuggles.2814

Nothing like the destruction which was part of the Living Story. At least, nothing that we know of. There may be player-sponsored ‘events’, though.

I think this patch is more about the new features, etc., than story. I’m sure there will be some new dialogue from new, of course, NPCs, and probably from some of the older ones, as well.

Good luck.

Cool. I was kind of hoping for something like a ‘Grand Re-Opening Event’ or some such thing, but I can easily get that with a new expansion on the horizon, the time that Beta testing requires and incoming bug reports/fixes…something like that will easily be put on the back burner.

Have I missed something?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It probably is not so much on the back burner, as never made it into the kitchen. Lol.

On the other hand, there is that suspicious sole Karka Hatchling lurking in the I-beams. ; )

Have I missed something?

Huggywuggles.2814

It probably is not so much on the back burner, as never made it into the kitchen. Lol.

On the other hand, there is that suspicious sole Karka Hatchling lurking in the I-beams. ; )

I thought that was a C.H.U.D.

Have I missed something?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

As far as we know, Lion’s Arch will get another makeover since Scarlet’s Invasion. Certain areas will be remained due to the input of players. In-game events? I wouldn’t doubt there’s some mini-event of some kind. Colin has hinted about something that will ‘eat’ our Dragonite Ore. or whatever it’s called, around that time.

Again, we’re not 100% sure.

Gone to Reddit.

Have I missed something?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Baammmm.
On the opening day of the new L.A
Scarlet’s missing twin evil sister appears and attacks
L.A with an army of mutated zombies.
In the end we save the city with the help of King Kong
Godzilla and Flipper the Dolphin.

Now seriously(?).
I still remember the time I was waiting for the patch to drop,
taking in all I could from the scenery of L.A before the attack,
and then loging in to start saving the city.
Unfortunately,most players wanted old school replayable stuff.
If I ever make an MMO nothing will be replayable.
Everything PvE related will be like LS season 1.
Once it’s gone,it’s gone.
Vote me for President.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Have I missed something?

Ardenwolfe.8590

You watch. Evon will demand Kiel’s impeachment. And he’ll have Robo-tron provide false evidence since Evon’s blackmailing the poor robot.

. . .

Evon is evil!

Gone to Reddit.

Have I missed something?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There’s more than one isn’t there? There’s one on the outside and 2 or 3 in the space between the beams that I saw.

I wonder what the name for a group of karka hatchlings is? How about a conspiracy of hatchlings!

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Have I missed something?

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

There’s more than one isn’t there? There’s one on the outside and 2 or 3 in the space between the beams that I saw.

I wonder what the name for a group of karka hatchlings is? How about a conspiracy of hatchlings!

Im not sure where you were looking , but I just checked and only see the one karka

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Have I missed something?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Im not sure where you were looking , but I just checked and only see the one karka

The picture isn’t mine, but it looks like at least 2 and maybe 3 hatchlings. One on the floor and one on the wall, maybe another. Then there seems to be another clinging to the outside of a beam somewhere else.
karka hatchlings in Lions Arch

http://m.imgur.com/xlM9CgK

https://m.imgur.com/a/3pe7C

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Have I missed something?

Bensozia.8071

After getting a better look , there is definitely two . I think the one we see through the hole is the one clinging to the side of the beam as seen from the end in the first pic.

(time for me to get new glasses )

DragonBrand

Have I missed something?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe a couple wandered off, or are changing locations. When I went to look, and I spent quite a while checking the barge, I could only find one. Is there more than one barge with I-beams?

(I haven’t looked today…maybe it is one of those subtle changes they sneak in.)

=)

Have I missed something?

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

As far as we know, Lion’s Arch will get another makeover since Scarlet’s Invasion. Certain areas will be remained due to the input of players. In-game events? I wouldn’t doubt there’s some mini-event of some kind. Colin has hinted about something that will ‘eat’ our Dragonite Ore. or whatever it’s called, around that time.

Again, we’re not 100% sure.

Baby Karka pet! munch munch munch :-D

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Have I missed something?

Ardenwolfe.8590

Oh yeah. I forgot about them. Ugh. Hope it’s a red herring.

Gone to Reddit.

Have I missed something?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Oh yeah. I forgot about them. Ugh. Hope it’s a red herring.

No, it’s red baby Karkas. ^^

ANet may give it to you.

Have I missed something?

Bensozia.8071

(I haven’t looked today…maybe it is one of those subtle changes they sneak in.)

=)

I thought sure there was only one , I’m thinking they made a subtle change as you said.
Only one barge with them as far as I know.

DragonBrand

Have I missed something?

Huggywuggles.2814

As long as it’s the most recent Godzilla and not that abomination that was in the movie alongside Matthew Broderick, as long as it’s the King Kong from the original movie and not the Jack Black version and as long as it’s the 70’s Flipper, I’d be TOTALLY cool with that.

Have I missed something?

Just a flesh wound.3589

As long as it’s the most recent Godzilla and not that abomination that was in the movie alongside Matthew Broderick, as long as it’s the King Kong from the original movie and not the Jack Black version and as long as it’s the 70’s Flipper, I’d be TOTALLY cool with that.

Yeah. You missed the invasion of Lions Arch. That’s where the game turned into a mmorpg version of a disco with freeze frame FPS, skills cycling, people DCing, and giant hostile Karkas one-shooting you since you couldn’t react to them in time.

Fun times. Fun times.

ANet may give it to you.