buy more bank slots instead (account wide then),
or make you own guild for the bank (account wide again),
or make some better bags.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Have to buy bag slots for every toon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Soul.5947

Soul.5947

i do not like having 2 buy bag slots for each character either because deleting the toon after you get bored with it seems 2 be a waste… atm i have gems invested in a ranger for max bag slots and i don’t think i will ever be using it again so my gem investment is lost. It would be nice if you would at least get the gems back after deleting a toon that had max slots but i don’t think that will be the case.

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

Why would you do that?!

1. Buy bigger bags (make one of them an invisible bag, put it at the bottom).
2. Buy more bank slots

Put the things you need to carry in the invisible bag of the character. Then they will not get mingled in with the loot or accidentally sold.

Keep everything else in the bank until you need it (if you need things often carry some instant bank accesses if you have them from your BL Chests).

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Posted by: Soul.5947

Soul.5947

i did it because i wanted my toon to have everything maxed out and i thought it would be an account purchase not restricted to the character i was playing.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

i did it because i wanted my toon to have everything maxed out and i thought it would be an account purchase not restricted to the character i was playing.

Well it doesnt, honestly this isnt all that greedy to me. You dont have anything else that affects every bag slot, if I put a 20 slot bag in one of my toons they dont all get one. Its 400 gems I think? Thats not enough to be something that appears on every toon you will ever make.

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

In the future Soul> By bigger bags and shared bank space. You’re better off.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

geebus… 12 or 15 bag slots are big enuf for any normal player, who the hell buys the extra bag slot for a char they arent sure they want to keep? someone who lacks common sense. for the price of those gems can easily afford those 4x 12-15 slot bags.

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Or, just MAKE them yourself!!! Many crafts create boxes/bags for use. I had my Charr warrior make “safe boxes” and “normal” bronze boxes for ALL of my characters. If I decide to delete any of them, the boxes can be re-used (or sold for gold). It’s a great step up from the (useless) 4-slot bags you start with!!
Bank space is the best way to keep things that “might” be useful later (or by another character)———-and it’ll never disappear! (probably)

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

or make you own guild for the bank (account wide again).

About this, this would be perfect for me. But can I create a Guild while being in a Guild?

And does the Guild Bank come with creating the Guild or do you have to represent it a while to get points to unlock/buy the bank?

Thanks.

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

On a semi-related note… you can get 3 “free” 20 slot bags per character from fractals.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Bagslots have been per character since beta weekend 3.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

or make you own guild for the bank (account wide again).

About this, this would be perfect for me. But can I create a Guild while being in a Guild?

And does the Guild Bank come with creating the Guild or do you have to represent it a while to get points to unlock/buy the bank?

Thanks.

Yes, you can create a guild even if you are in a guild, but you would have to represent your own guild for a while to get the points necessary to open a guild bank.

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

I got all 20, slot bags for my 3 toon(never going to buy more slots to open)

However in bank Ive brought 2 more open slots, and I am a leader of a small guild who have guild bank open.

So far it so much space I never even use guild bank.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Yes, you can create a guild even if you are in a guild, but you would have to represent your own guild for a while to get the points necessary to open a guild bank.

Late Thanks

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

sorry, didnt see your other question…

but as Kitty explained yes, create your own guild and represent it to get the bank.
you will need to unlock the second tier of the architecture upgrades to get to the bank,
this will take a few thousand influence points in all, but you can buy influence with gold if you are rich and impatient enough.
i started my personal guild over a month ago and am only just building the bank (but i did unlock the guild armorer,weaponsmith upgrades also, just to see what they do).

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Thats… alot of money, why? O.O

….or a lot of gold depending on how you look at it. Each bag slot is $5 worth of gems, or 4g worth of gold. But, even if you fill it with the generic 8-slot bag, it’s still cheaper than crafting/buying a 18- or 20-slot bag when going from a 15-slot bag.

The question of “why?” can be answered by ways of A.Net making some money. They have no monthly subscriptions. So, to off-set, they have things that people can spend money on ‘if they so choose’. The bag slots aren’t a necessity because the basic 5 are plenty enough. But, if a player wants more, they can either get 3 new bag slots for the cost of a monthly subscription ($15) [and it’s permanent, mind you], or you can gather up and farm the gold to buy it with in-game currency without ever spending a dime.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I think it’s a reasonable request to have those bag slots transferred when rerolling.

But it would be a huge pain to implement that transfer and Anet’s plate is full, let alone the 8 more full plates of stuff they’re working on. This will never happen I’m afraid.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You can also make a character strictly for muling stuff.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

A lot of money? When starting a character, 8 slot Jute bags can be bought for about 30c. That’s not a lot of money.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

A lot of money? When starting a character, 8 slot Jute bags can be bought for about 30c. That’s not a lot of money.

Cheers.

He’s talking about increasing the number of bags you can equip, not slots within a bag.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Cheers.

He’s talking about increasing the number of bags you can equip, not slots within a bag.

Ahh got it. Bag slots, not bags. My bad.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday