Have you/Would you delete an 80?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheDemon.4705

TheDemon.4705

I leveled a Ranger to 80 as my first character. I haven’t touched him in months. For some reason I just don’t care for it and I’m debating deleting him to free up a character slot.

I have deleted probably 20+ characters of various levels from 5 to 60 trying to find the class,race,story I like. I guess I’m an altoholic.

Not sure why I am posting this or what I am wanting in reply.

Just curious if anyone has or would do it.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

An 80? No. I have 4 and like playing them all. I am considering deleting a 41 Engineer, the one class I find I cannot seem to like playing. If you feel you would enjoy yourself more using the slot for something else, then rock on.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I deleted my 80 guardian.

Norns are lame.

EDIT: I still have 7 level 80’s.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I don’t think I would delete one! For one thing, I spent alot of time on my level 80 Elementalist and kitten I got him so many exotic and rare stuff, so deleting him would be a waste. Additionally, I grew attached to him!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

I have not deleted any level 80s. The only time I would do so is if I had all of my character slots filled, all of them were level 80, and I for whatever reason REALLY wanted to make a new character! I have only deleted 3 characters, I think, and that was when I was just trying every profession for at least a short time.
But I plan on buying enough character slots to have at least one of each profession at some point. :P

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

getting close to deleting my ranger out of pure rage and dissatisfaction. hanging on by a thread, wanna try out a few more builds.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I wouldn’t delete one, but I have a level 80 ranger who does nothing but farm ori-nodes once a day. He does it in a coat and boots and that’s all.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I’ve deleted max-level characters in other games before, and this one has the easiest leveling curve by far of any I’ve played. Still, past experience has prepared me and I usually know if a character will be a keeper by the 30s or so. Neither of my current 80s appear to be in danger of deletion any time soon, but neither of them are seeing a lot of play either (more due to the 12 other characters in my roster than to any issues with either of them). My 80s are a Human Male Elementalist and Norn Female Ranger.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I guess I am weird, I never delete characters. I make others and play them but if I am not having some kind of fun by about lvl 10 I usually just don’t play the toon or the game any more.

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I would never delete a lvl 80 char. I have two atm a Guardian and Elementalist. I very rarely play my elementalist since very few builds are viable, but i would never delete it. Sometimes its good to be able to change playstyle with a new class

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Couldn’t do it. I can’t even level a new character because of having to rediscover all those Pois and Vistas. Waypoints and hearts are fine though. I guess it’s good I love my one 80.

Posted by: Valinerya.6713

Valinerya.6713

Yes I would.

I am in the midst of leveling a Sylvari Engineer, to take the place of my Level 80 Norn Engineer. Once I have the Norn’s crafts covered on my new Sylvari, I’m ditching the Norn. I will salvage the Norn’s exotics for ecto first though

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Don’t delete a level 80 character. You have invested too much.

Btw, as a main ranger, our day will come! You will regret deleting your ranger.

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

Yes, deleted my old lv80 elementalist because it was an asura.

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’ll delete my lvl80 norn range once I get world completion for the gifts.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Rhaj.5261

Rhaj.5261

Btw, as a main ranger, our day will come! You will regret deleting your ranger.

Our day will never come, we are actually getting a nerf this next patch.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I would just buy another slot if I need it …
I did delete my lv20(max level there) mesmer in GW1 to change hair style but that was because it was a year before they added the option to change that without deleting.

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

You know I really don’t think I could. I don’t even think I could delete a level 40 character.

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

No if i took the effort to get a toon to 80 i wouldn’t have a need to delete it.

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

I deleted my 80 Ranger Norn to remake her into a Human Ranger

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

As others said, you could always “park” that character at any kind of farmspot. It’s also a great inventory space for lesser/rarely used items.

No, I would rather buy another character slot.

Only reason I could see would be if I really really wanted that name on a different character.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Gavorn.9647

Gavorn.9647

Spend 10$ and you dont have to delete anyone!

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’ve deleted several level 80’s just because I can’t decide on the race/profession combination that best befits my main character while being fun to play as – and as a self-contained role-player and in-progress novelist, that irks me to no end.

Even now, I’m unsatisfied and have resolved to wait until weapon selections, balance, etc. are improved to the point where one class fits my liking. Until then, I’ll be farming with my current “main” – my Thief that I find too boring to be satisfied with.

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

If I wasn’t playing the character, I would delete them without a 2nd thought. You can salvage/sell all the gear and put the gold in your bank for your next character. Plus it’s not like it’s really hard to get to 80, you level fast in this game. The only way I would hesitate would be if I had geared that character out with exotics. If the character was level 80 but just using Rares or worse.. sure I would delete.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

If I didn’t like my race/class combo then I would have realized it long before I hit 80, so no.

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

I deleted my lvl 80 Ranger in full exotics.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

I have deleted around 40 lvl 80s now, I just can’t decide whether I want to play GW2 as a lvl 80 or not

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I never delete, I buy new character slots. There’s virtually no limit man!!
Have: 8 level 80 alts (one for each profession) with full exotics, and I’m never going to delete them, I’ll just buy new character slots when I need it.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Thanks to no race change being available I’ll be deleting one of my 80s. It sucks, but even if there were such a service it’d probably cost me more than just remaking the character.

Buying another character slot’s not really feasible since I want to use the same name and there’s no real point in keeping around a ‘dead’ character just because she’s 80. It’s not like it’s difficult to level and it’s fun.

The thing that’s really going to hurt is losing all the dyes she has. I really wish dyes were account bound. :\

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Not yet but I might do sometime in the future. I have 5 permenant characters and I’m always making extras for specific purposes, then deleting them when they’re done.

It doesn’t bother me because I don’t invest a lot of money/items in them unless I’m sure I’m going to keep them. So far I haven’t even bought trait manuals for any of my tempoary characters. So I’m not really losing anything when I delete them, and I get to spend their karma on recipies/crafting materials for my other characters.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: relayinabox.4219

relayinabox.4219

I haven’t yet, and probably won’t. I can usually tell if I don’t like a character by level 40-50, and I have no problem deleting them in that range. If I stick with them after level 50 there’s little doubt that I’ll end up keeping them all the way to max level, and beyond.

of the Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

I suppose I would. Debating at the moment if I should delete my Asura Elementalist (lvl 43) and Asura Engineer (lvl18) just because I’ve got a surplus of Asura characters…

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I have deleted quite a few characters. The highest level was mid-60’s, most sometime in the 20’s. Sometimes it had to do with race or race/profession. There are only 2 professions I don’t have at 80 and even those I won’t delete…I’m just waiting for Anet to do more work around the professions before I take them to 80.

I don’t think I would ever delete an 80; by then, I’ve committed to the character and feel it has a place with me in GW2.

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I’d buy a new character slot before I deleted a character. Then again I spent a good part of beta planning out the 8 characters I wanted and created all 8 on the first day of headstart.

I also have this extreme paranoia about deleting characters because of GW1 and character birthdays. I deleted a few characters before I realized that was a thing and I don’t want to make that mistake again.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

It totally depends on gear and what you think, honestly if you will never use it again yep delete it sell/salvage everything, no loss imo

I totally agree with you on the ranger thing, they are massively bad..totally lost interest in playing Engineer and Ranger due to what Anet has done to them..

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I almost deleted my 80 mesmer (hate the playstyle, thought it’d get fun at the end like my awesome ele) but i’m just trying some different weapons and see how it goes :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m seriously considering deleting a level 76 Asura engi. I just don’t like the play style and I haven’t invested a lot in the character in terms of gear or weapons. He’s still wearing the level 35 AC clothing set. I use this character for the daily, just because it’s my only non-80 character.

I haven’t tried Ranger (probably wont either from what I’ve heard), Guardian, or Thief. I also haven’t rolled a Sylvari yet, so a Sylvari Guardian might be next just for the story line achievements, delete that and then a humanoid female thief just for the tight leather clothes. I’m sure you understand.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

It takes 80 hours to raise a level 80. In contrast, it takes 80 hours to raise three or four times the money to get an additional character slot.

I’d go with the character slot.

Posted by: Timbersword.9014

Timbersword.9014

I only have one 80, but I’ll only delete her if I replace her with another warrior I like even better. There are a lot of warrior concepts that amuse me, but my alt slots are going to other classes first.

Posted by: TheDemon.4705

TheDemon.4705

I do have another 80 and a couple in the 60’s.

I still haven’t decided if I will delete the Ranger or not. Might just wait and when I come into some extra cash buy more character slots.

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

Yes. Elementalist. He was human… and humans are boring. No clue why did i make him and play him in first play.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Nope i’ve made my level 80 Warrior a Combat Healer yes “For Great Healing”.
My 80 Ranger a Full Magic Find Farmer.
and my 80 Thief as my main for Pvping

Posted by: nolop.8095

nolop.8095

I’ll delete my necromancer as soon as I max artificer on another char, necros are a waste of space imo.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

No, I wouldn’t. I would basically only, if ANet would implement later alot more new Face Styles, Hair Styles, playable Races and new Classes, when there would be something under the new stuff, that I find alot more appealing to me, than what I have currently and only if I would have at that point a fully upgraded account, that can’t have any more character slots.

Because for any face/hairstyle problems, there you have the make up kits or how they are caled so that you can change your face and hairstyle of a character, without having to make extra a new one for that change.
But otherwise I’ve already also deleted some characters, but only in the level range of 1 to 10 because I didn’t liked their looks or names after short time anymore… or because they died early, when I was working on the survivor achievement

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Deleted my 80 thief. I felt dirty every time i played with it in WvW. Now i’m using an engi, and i don’t feel dirty anymore.

Posted by: Urvanis.2985

Urvanis.2985

I thought about deleting my main. I made a thief as my main because I saw the could use a shortbow, I like to main an agile melee ranged hybrid class. Then I saw that rangers could be nimble with a bow and melee weapons, as well as have a raven pet. If they would ever make a class change cashshop item, I’d probably do it. But I don’t want to reroll him, find out out I don’t like ranger, than have to reroll him again.

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

No – couldn’t delete an 80 after the time I’d invested. I’d just park them near farming nodes or crafting stations or use them as extra storage. Knowing me I’ll come back to them in the future if I feel like a change of gameplay or want experiment with new builds or weapons which may come to the game at some point.

I have eight level 80s in full exo now, one for each profession, and I actually enjoy playing them all. I have friends and family still levelling alts so will often pick a char to play when helping them depending on which zone or on the balance of the party. I have some of my alts geared and traited for different jobs in the game whether farming, or dungeons, or speed mining runs round Orr etc

To my mind the cost of a new character slot, or a makeover kit is just a few pounds for the gems and a lot cheaper than my time in levelling a new character. On top of that I get quite attached to my characters by the time I’ve got them levelled up and it wouldn’t seem right to delete them.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

I deleted my 80 human female Elementalist (even completed the Personal Story) because I wish I had made her an Asura. My only regret is that she had 400 Jewelcrafting and was only a few recipes away from Master.
I also deleted my level 80 female Norn Guardian with full exotics. Just wasn’t feeling the gameplay anymore and quite honestly found the profession boring. Smack, smack, smack, heal, smack, smack, smack, heal, etc I had 400 Armor smithing on this character but since I never ran Fractals and didn’t get ectos often it was fairly pointless.

Ranged classes are much more fun.

I also deleted a level 51 Human female Mesmer (kinda regret that one) and remade her into a female Asura which I have to level 40 at the moment. If Anet had offered race changes then I wouldn’t have deleted any of them. They could have reset my Personal Story as a consequence and I wouldn’t have minded one bit.

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I deleted my fully geared and crafted 80 guardian. I made her a Charr, and I just couldn’t handle the slow, awkward 4-legged run. Replaced her with a Sylvari. Best move I’ve ever made.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast