Have you ever regretted your story decisions?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Felix.7586

Felix.7586

Putting aside alts, think back when you first began playing GW2, do you ever have those moments where you feel like you should have done this instead of that?

My main is an Iron Legion charr and after learning of what goes down for the Blood Legion story sometimes I feel like i would’ve been better off choosing Blood, specially considering the whole thing about your character having built a gun when your profession can’t even use them

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Doesn’t make any difference in the slights.

Then again, my first character story choices ended up in a carnage.
I fail to remember how many NPCs died under my watch.

For irony sake, I was using a Guardian.

Posted by: Yakkus.8765

Yakkus.8765

Yes, I have. I chose the priory on my Mesmer, and wish I could change it to Order of Whispers. Also, on my main, a Guardian, I had chosen the circus route, and would like a way to change it to dead sister arc. Who knows, maybe one day they’ll offer a way to change it for gems.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s nothing major I regret, but then I did a lot of planning ahead to try and avoid it.

In most RPGs I end up restarting my characters numerous times to change their appearance, build and choices they make. In GW2 I wanted to avoid restarting them if possible, and fortunately 2/3 of those aren’t an issue because they can be changed, but the story is.

I spent most of my time in the betas trying out different story choices to determine which ones suited my characters best, and for others I read summaries before making a decision.

But for some, especially where the character has to make a choice during the storyline, I simply picked whichever I thought they would choose based on their personality (I always give my characters extra backstory and personality, so this was easy to do) and if it turns out to be a bad decision it’s still what they would have done, and everyone sometimes does things they regret later.

There’s some minor things though – for example I found out long after making the choice that my human character could have met her sister again if I’d picked a different option in Further into Orr. But mostly I’m happy with the choices I made.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Nope. None of the choices made every really mattered. Most are soon forgot anyway.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I don’t regret the decisions I made because I did the best I could with the crappy choices given. I do regret having to work with the slacker npcs I had to deal with who can’t seem to do anything without an untrained newb to lead them… even if they’re the captain of the seraph. (I’m looking at you, Logan)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Nope, not at all. Mainly because I don’t even remember the choices after all these years but they also formed who that character is and why he left the legions and lives in Lions Arch. Going to need to look at his choices to see what they were again.

Edit: And I just remembered that the character I’ve always thought is my oldest surviving one actually isn’t. Thank you GW2 Efficiency. I don’t regret choices for either of them.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Never regretted choices because they played such a minuscule part. kinda wish they had separate endings to be honest especially with the whole initial choices.

After the HoT release I have no regrets – Logan is unconscious and could die >:) ( sorry gwen you were my favorite gw1 character but your son is useless)

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s nothing major I regret, but then I did a lot of planning ahead to try and avoid it.

Same.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have enough alts that I’ve played most of the permutations (still have some Asura and Charr ones to do, some day). I do make choices based on a character’s personality. And I played the 1-20 chapters in beta such that I knew enough of the story to tweak it to the core parts of my main’s RP. His story choices were absolutely dead on for him; for everyone else they were more “what haven’t I seen yet?”

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I regret lending Trehearne money.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I made some decisions on early characters based on the assumption that I would never make a second or third charr, sylvari, or asura, but I did wind up making them after all.

On one hand I sorta regret that and wish I could change those decisions, but on the other hand the game isn’t so appealing to me anymore that I’d want to actually go through the motions of redoing them. Put me under ambivalent.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

No, but I’m playing through all of the possibilities, so it really wouldn’t be an issue for me.

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Yes, I have. I chose the priory on my Mesmer, and wish I could change it to Order of Whispers.

It’s like you transcribed my thoughts.

I thought I was gonna main ele, so I chose whispers for her, then I discovered I liked mesmer more only AFTER I decided to experiment with the priory. :T