Having Fun?

Having Fun?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

First off don’t get hating. Just a simple question. I know people have fun doing whatever they do, either WvW, SPvP, PvE, Farming or whatever makes you happy. Is it still fun? I am not talking about “Oh god they have made this unplayable because i get less loot or they changed 1 trait” but from the idea of what you are doing. WvWer’s are you taking keeps and towers, fighting on a massive scale with siege, or PvEer’s are there nice looking maps with lots of events, champ trains, and playable (maybe hard) dungeons?

TL;DR Are you guys having remotely any fun anymore as per what games were designed for? I know I can still have fun playing (although some things I might not agree with). How about for others?

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Having Fun?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

No i do not, i’ve since stopped trying.

Having Fun?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There have been people posting how they are completely uninterested in the game since release. As seen above they are still posting this. They will be posting this long after I have moved on to another game. Weird hobby.

Having Fun?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

There have been people posting how they are completely uninterested in the game since release. As seen above they are still posting this. They will be posting this long after I have moved on to another game. Weird hobby.

Yeah I always wonder how it comes. I heard a lot of Blizzard employees have more free time since GW2 got introduced… But guess I shouldn’t think so evil (although I do think that Blizzard would be capable of pulling something like that).

As for the OP’s question. I enjoy still in most things I do in the game. Bout some things I’m grumpy, but thats more RP then really not having. So yes I’m actually having a lot of fun still.

Some decisions made by Anet have been bad decissions. But overall I’m pretty happy.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Having Fun?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Nope, reinstaled the game about 5 times last month, cant find anything to do besides loggon look at my character think the waste of time i played, go to WvW being killed by thief with 18k hearseeker on 3.8k armor after use rolls and blocks, altf+f4 come to the forum expecting some good news about any kind of update, log with my thief and kill all the roaming guardians due being easy targets until i get even more bored.

I think gw2 only please players that never played good mmo’s before.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Having Fun?

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

What are those “good mmo’s” and why are you posting here instead of playing one of them?

Having Fun?

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Nope, reinstaled the game about 5 times last month, cant find anything to do besides loggon look at my character think the waste of time i played, go to WvW being killed by thief with 18k hearseeker on 3.8k armor after use rolls and blocks, altf+f4 come to the forum expecting some good news about any kind of update, log with my thief and kill all the roaming guardians due being easy targets until i get even more bored.

18k heartseeker on 3.8 k armor… wow… didn’t you… e-e-em… mistook something? =P

Having Fun?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

18k heartseeker on 3.8 k armor… wow… didn’t you… e-e-em… mistook something? =P

Nope, pitty i dont have a Screenshot (lold S.S apeared as Kiten), i just ignored and alt+f4 at that time, btw there are several builds that can mostly insta down classes with low health, max damage i took was arround 20k-21k (using guardian with 25k health) form a zerk killshot warrior, i noticed also he was always waiting for me to pop up my shouts+boons, only way was to bring wall of reflection, this was when i decided to make a musketeer warrior also and it is a excelent sniper to kill over extended heroes.

That combat with the thief lasted 3-4 seconds i evaded the firsts atacks after that i was just a ragdoll (its not the first time that happens) .

Other thing is on cambat console/chat, the %crit does not appear only the raw damage you make and take, heartseeker there ware arround 16k i added +2k for the crit.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Having Fun?

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

yes, Im still having fun. been playing since first beta and the longest I’ve gone without playing is about a week due to work. I almost never play for more than 4 to 6 hours at a time at the longest. Normally its around 2 to 3 every 1.5 days on average.

theorycrafting, guild events, and living story are the main things that keep bringing me back, not the least of which is the community I’ve been a part of in-game since month 1 of GW1.

There are plenty more like me out there. If you find it just isn’t doing it for you take a break and come back refreshed. Nothing in this game forces you to do anything, it’s all up to choice.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Having Fun?

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Haven’t really had any extreme fun ever since I played which has been about a year so far. But it is worth what I paid for. Only had any fun due to my guild. I still have not quit because I have high trust and hopes in Anet, they have great work ethics and you can definite feel they are passionate and dedicated to making GW2 a great game. I believe we have yet to see GW2’s prime. I am also spoiled by gw2’s fluidity in its combat although dull in many other aspects, but that is a topic for another day.

I think the problem is the contents not being rewarding enough. Everything ultimately is just about achievements and skins; look at our living story releases so far :P On top of that, zergfesting, dear lord lol. Hard to be a hardcore player in this game with rewards like these. Not much of anything that helps develops and progress your toon, thus the lack of emotional attachment with my toons even with my main

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Having Fun?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yes I still have fun. Mainly randomly roaming around/exploring PvE maps and recently doing WvW. The other day I was in Gendarran field and I came across an event chain I had never seen before, even though I had been in the area tons of times.

I think it helps that I seem to be a lot more relaxed about this game than most people. I don’t really care what drops I get or how long it takes me to level up or get the gear I want because I can still play in the meantime. It seems to make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Having Fun?

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

I do have fun doing some dungeons but after i do a few idk what to do, so i started to level a thief, but after doing some Queensdale zerg and crafting i got Bored, lvling is such a drag.

The living story is something i could do i guess, but its just a small 5 min dungeon then follow the zerg, i had high hopes for the living story once, prior to getting gw2 i had visions of a living story and a changing world of which i could be a part of, but i feel nothing i do matters.

In reality the ls is rubbish, i had hoped it would be something like blizzard did with wotlk, that is much better, what i mean is, you do a chain quest and on completion you change the world for ever, you feel like you did something that mattered, not the 5 min mini dungeon and follow a zerg that is our ls.

Another thing i don’t like is everything time gated, the constant gear chasing is why i left wow, but if anything gw2 is worse, getting full ascended infused takes longer than gearing a new max lvl toon in wow, that’s before you consider ascended weapons, and or celestial armor and now the upcoming ascended armor, all this and you still have your legendary to grind for, that’s if you manage to ever get a precursor from the mystic toilet, which brings us to rng, do i even need to comment?.

Now with Wod, the upcoming wow expansion, idk maybe ill go that route as im not into WvW and pve for me is a few dungeons them im borde, do i have fun in gw2? yes i do, but its fleeting moments.

Having Fun?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I dont really understand why are people still playing the game if they arent having fun.

Having Fun?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have fun in bursts. That is to say, not everything in the game is fun for me, but there remain many things that I do find fun.

I still have a blast running dungeons with my guild. We’re not speed runners, and we don’t do dungeons all the time, so they don’t always go as planned, but we usually have fun. I still have fun in WvW sometimes. I enjoyed the new instance, and I enjoyed the way Kessex Hills has changed. I still enjoy Southsun Survival and Sanctum Sprint.

There are also things I can do without like the Mad King’s Labyrinth, but you know, I went in there for an hour, and got the achievements I needed from it and it was fine for that amount of time.

Admittedly some stuff is better simply because I enjoy playing with my guild. I’d probably not be having such a good time by now if the guild wasn’t filled with people I enjoy playing with…but that would be true of any MMO after a year.

Having Fun?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I still have fun. Got a bit bored with PvE and discovered PvP on my warrior and thief.

Then went back into PvE on an alt and found that I really like necromancers as well.

Trying to get into WvW, but it seems to be a group-tactics mode. I may have to organize some WvW events with my guild to avoid getting roflstomped by roaming groups.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Having Fun?

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

No, not really. I’ve seen everything I wanted and did everything I wanted. Since they “force” that Disconnected not-so Living Story that adds not much to see, I don’t know what to do. I’ve done dungeons and with the current state of them(stack and spam the heck out of the bosses) it’s not fun to me. I’ve done JP’s, WvW is not really an option since I’m on WSR which can be considered as a PVE server so we’re not that good at it. Zerging is boring, sometimes i guest to do the metaevents and do the dailies if I’m in the right mood. Making a Legendary is a grind again unless the RNG gods bless me and my account, don’t think it’s worth anymore. I’ll stay around to see what Anet does to this franchise.

Having Fun?

Xae Isareth.1364

The only dungeons where you stack and spam the heck out of bosses are AC3 and CoF1. Although AC3 is due to abusing a glitch with the boss mechanics. CoE is a stack (you werrnt supposed to but hey) but it certainly isn’t spam the heck out of Alpha.

Having said that, AC3 and CoF1 are basically the 2 dungeons everyone runs. I’d be surprised if half the playerbase has ever sat foot in Arah.

Having Fun?

Vayne.8563

The only dungeons where you stack and spam the heck out of bosses are AC3 and CoF1. Although AC3 is due to abusing a glitch with the boss mechanics. CoE is a stack (you werrnt supposed to but hey) but it certainly isn’t spam the heck out of Alpha.

Having said that, AC3 and CoF1 are basically the 2 dungeons everyone runs. I’d be surprised if half the playerbase has ever sat foot in Arah.

I stack on most of the bosses on CoE.

Having Fun?

Xae Isareth.1364

As I said, you stack on the bosses, but it isnt a case of spam the heck out of them. The 2 bosses in CoE where you stack on (the ice guy does really count because the stacking is just to lure him) are Alpha and the advanced golem.

Alpha you need to watch your dodges and health management very carefully. The amount of PUGs I’ve been in that ends up with every one but 2 guys dead says this isn’t ‘easy’.

The golem you stack yes. It’s a terribly boring boss, unlike it’s HotW counterpart where that guy can kill you so quick you’re constantly dodging around the room.

Having Fun?

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

And 18k heartseeker is literally impossible against 3.8k toughness and you’re a noob for thinking you should have upped your char’s defense to anything close to 3.8k.

I’m starting think gw2 only doesn’t please players who have never been good at mmo’s before.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Having Fun?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I have played almost everyday since pre-release, sure I have been playing less since then but I am still having fun playing the game still, only do the stuff I find enjoying.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Having Fun?

Vayne.8563

As I said, you stack on the bosses, but it isnt a case of spam the heck out of them. The 2 bosses in CoE where you stack on (the ice guy does really count because the stacking is just to lure him) are Alpha and the advanced golem.

Alpha you need to watch your dodges and health management very carefully. The amount of PUGs I’ve been in that ends up with every one but 2 guys dead says this isn’t ‘easy’.

The golem you stack yes. It’s a terribly boring boss, unlike it’s HotW counterpart where that guy can kill you so quick you’re constantly dodging around the room.

In CoE submarine path, you don’t have to dodge, because Alpha has different skills. The other two paths you do need to dodge. But you have to stack on alpha three times in each path, which means a whole lot of stacking occurs in that dungeon.

Having Fun?

Xae Isareth.1364

In CoE submarine path, you don’t have to dodge, because Alpha has different skills. The other two paths you do need to dodge. But you have to stack on alpha three times in each path, which means a whole lot of stacking occurs in that dungeon.

I apologise if I sound rude but, please can you reread my post? :I

I said there was stacking and the main point was most of the dungeon bosses in the game doesn’t involve stacking.

Having Fun?

Vayne.8563

I apologise if I sound rude but, please can you reread my post? :I

I said there was stacking and the main point was most of the dungeon bosses in the game doesn’t involve stacking.

I don’t mean to be rude either. I just did CoE tonight and it seemed like I spent the whole dungeon stacked. It might not have actually been that way, but it sure seemed like it.

And part of that was because we had to stack on alpha 3 times. He’s like half the bosses in the dungeon.

I haven’t gone through things on a dungeon by dungeon case, because my memory isn’t all that great for recent events (I remember older stuff quite well for some reason). And while I agree most bosses you don’t stack on, I can think of a few we do stack on, even in Arah.

Having Fun?

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

First off don’t get hating. Just a simple question. I know people have fun doing whatever they do, either WvW, SPvP, PvE, Farming or whatever makes you happy. Is it still fun? I am not talking about “Oh god they have made this unplayable because i get less loot or they changed 1 trait” but from the idea of what you are doing. WvWer’s are you taking keeps and towers, fighting on a massive scale with siege, or PvEer’s are there nice looking maps with lots of events, champ trains, and playable (maybe hard) dungeons?

TL;DR Are you guys having remotely any fun anymore as per what games were designed for? I know I can still have fun playing (although some things I might not agree with). How about for others?

A few interesting points in your post.

What makes it enjoyable for me personally is that i dont put myself in a certain category. Where in traditional MMOs you had raiders, arenaplayers etc. Guys who would do that type of very specific content 90% the time. If you do that in GW2 you will get burned out or bored eventually.

This game is at its best if you try to avoid that and experience a bit of everything. If you do that youll find that this game offers a more diverse and richer experience than any other MMO on the market atm.

With that said. Its quite easy to be negative about MMOs. Most people tend to tunnelvision something that really annoys them without looking at the bigger picture. And thats something that can spoil your fun.

For example: I know guys that where worshipping GW2 one day. Yet they stopped one week later since class A in pvp annoyed them so much that it made the game unplayable for them all of a sudden (and yes this really happened).

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Having Fun?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

My simple answer is “Yes” I am having fun.

THe more complex answer is “Most of the time” but, I have bouts of boredom. This boredom is not the game’s fault, I just get bored sometimes. It would be the same for any other game I have played. Give it a couple days, and I will be having fun again.

Sometimes I think we mistake burnout for boredom. Take a break, go outside (gasp!) or try something else. When you come back to GW2, and you still don’t like it, then a few days’ rest isn’t going to help you.

Level 80 Elementalist