Hawk Wings feedback

Hawk Wings feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Ok they are AMAZING!
I would suggest something for the next one though.
It would be cool to have te wings folded tight on the back like a cape. I know that would couse problems with the model, but maybe having 2 models one for the glider open and one folded would be a solution

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Whilst I’d still like to see some glider skins earnable in game through challenges and achievements…these are awesome I agree

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Thay are awsome! Look far more realistic than the White and black ones. Thank you! An great addition would be to release a dye-able version of them or simply the same design but other colors. I love thet thay have a proper bone-structure feeling to them and don’t behave like sheets flopping after u when moving arond!

Awsome work A-net!

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I haven’t seen them while running around yet, but I love the detail put into it. They look so much better than the white or black ones. I say great job on these.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I also like them quite a lot. I truly hope we will get a shiny gold version of them at some point, as that will be my main’s wings for life.

I do keep thinking of them as sparrow wings, though Especially on Asura.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I consider them proof the Devs do occasionally read the forums since I asked for exactly this 10 months ago .

I want tan-gold “Hawk wings” but celestial is ok too.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I enjoy them. the detail is amazing. The art team did a very good job making sure the feathers and wing structure looked realistic.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Just when I was going to stop buying Gem Store stuff…
Anet why must you do this to me.
(Wings are great though, love the detail.)

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Opal.9324

Opal.9324

I love that the hawk wings are actually shaped like real bird wings. They look awesome. It would be great if they could also add some more versions of these wings in different colors.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I hope they aren’t going away soon because I’ve already started saving for them.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: FlashAhAhh.4307

FlashAhAhh.4307

Bought them straight away, had 800 gems waiting for the blacks to return for my Archangel Gaurdian. These are waaaay better. The detail is superb.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Xetu.7341

Xetu.7341

I wish they wouldn’t be so stiff when running and would just act like they fixed the feather wings.

When running they should pull slightly together and flap with the wind like the feather wings.

When standing still they spread out like they are now.

I also wish will all those wings that they would have some idle animations. Stretching, flapping, maybe your char goes slightly into the air sometimes. Something to make those wings look “real” instead of glued to your character.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

they slide around tho. fix that plz

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I really like these but I find they attach a little low. I can live with that though.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I like them but after ANet deboned my black wings so they move now in a most unwinglike manner, I think I’ll wait. They just might remove the bones from these also and turn them into hawk wings stuffed with cotton batting, just like the two other wings.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Quite the coincidence we have hawk wings the same week as Legends of Tomorrow being released (Hawkgirl/Hawkman).

Personally I am not keen on them but I know plenty will be satisfied by it.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

They do look fairly neat, but… hm. I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems to interact oddly with the charr running animation (the all-fours one anyway, weapons drawn looked fine) – almost like the wings are floating or detached somehow.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

As glider beautiful. As back pack awful.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: SunnyBunny.4738

SunnyBunny.4738

I wish they wouldn’t be so stiff when running and would just act like they fixed the feather wings.

When running they should pull slightly together and flap with the wind like the feather wings.

When standing still they spread out like they are now.

I also wish will all those wings that they would have some idle animations. Stretching, flapping, maybe your char goes slightly into the air sometimes. Something to make those wings look “real” instead of glued to your character.

I think this is a great idea – like the copper butterfly wings or how the stuffed backpacks swing when you run…

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I hope not. This was the reason I bought the hawk wings, because they don’t behave like the black or white ones. I am not a fan of that drifty, swooshy, flowy, fabric-y looking animation that happens whenever your character moves the tiniest bit on the screen. I love the way the hawk wings move more naturally when you move on the screen and the way the feathers separate out and fall back into place, it’s much more elegant looking than previous ones.

Hawk Wings feedback

Xetu.7341

I hope not. This was the reason I bought the hawk wings, because they don’t behave like the black or white ones. I am not a fan of that drifty, swooshy, flowy, fabric-y looking animation that happens whenever your character moves the tiniest bit on the screen. I love the way the hawk wings move more naturally when you move on the screen and the way the feathers separate out and fall back into place, it’s much more elegant looking than previous ones.

I don’t want them exactly like the feather wings, but they currently move too much with the body. They move left and right too stiff, looking so weird.

Also, currently they wobble too much, like they are rubber. Not the whole wings, more like from the part they are attached to the body.

(edited by Xetu.7341)

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I consider them proof the Devs do occasionally read the forums since I asked for exactly this 10 months ago .

I want tan-gold “Hawk wings” but celestial is ok too.

Let’s be real, angel wings demon wings [insert] wings. Eventually bird styled wings was going to happen and hawk kind of falls into place considering the other two options.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

As a player with an asura character I’d certainly appreciate anything that makes other characters thinner. Those black and white wings might make a lot of money in the gem shop but they block an awful lot of view. The Temporal blades and the Karka backpacks at least have gaps in them. Folding wings behind the body would be helpful.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Krinstin.6287

Krinstin.6287

The wings have beautiful design and animation!
It is a shame they cant be dyed.
I would grealty appreciate the ability to dye them, it would be amazing if we could choose the color (even if it ment that we had to pay more gems for color change transmutation charges etc) beacuse i personaly dont like the hue.
Other than that, great work!

Hawk Wings feedback

Krinstin.6287

I love that the hawk wings are actually shaped like real bird wings. They look awesome. It would be great if they could also add some more versions of these wings in different colors.

Different colors would be amazing!

Hawk Wings feedback

Krinstin.6287

Found another weird thing, the wings dissapear when you are downed or are preforming an animation (eg. Bow) it looks weird when it suddedly dissapears

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Any backpiece does that. The solution (easier done for longer animations like dancing) is to toggle them off then on while in the animation. Then the backpiece stays visible for the rest of the animation.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I think they’re much too small. They only make characters about 5 times as wide as they are without back items. They don’t get in the way of people without a feather fetish nearly as much as they should. It’s embarrassing.

Hawk Wings feedback

Manasa Devi.7958

I think they’re much too small. They only make characters about 5 times as wide as they are without back items. They don’t get in the way of people without a feather fetish nearly as much as they should. It’s embarrassing.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Brokenshard.8346

Brokenshard.8346

i love it

sometime while gilding that sound hawk weeeeeeeeeeed !!

GOOD WING
GOOD ANIMATION
GOOD SOUND HAWK
PS. GOOD ANET xD

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Its great they are combined back pack and glider skin, and were not sold separately!

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

It’s too bad they don’t fold in when not in use (i.e. when not gliding), kind of like how the bat wings look as a backpiece vs. how they look as a glider skin.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Same, I would hate to have these wings turn into flimsy paper like the other two.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Hawk Wings feedback

Xetu.7341

i love it

GOOD WING
GOOD ANIMATION
GOOD SOUND HAWK
PS. GOOD ANET xD

Everyone saying they get a hawk sound when opening the gilder, I don’t. oO Why?

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

i just casually log in gw2 after long time… the next morning im bicycling while snow drops, some roads are bad, to that place 1 km away to buy some paysafecards.

charr with hawk wings awsom! honestly this made me “come back”…

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

i love it

GOOD WING
GOOD ANIMATION
GOOD SOUND HAWK
PS. GOOD ANET xD

something muted in sound options?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

to each his own. i don’t like it. doesn’t look any better as compare to the angel’s wings.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Hawk Wings feedback

Xetu.7341

i love it

GOOD WING
GOOD ANIMATION
GOOD SOUND HAWK
PS. GOOD ANET xD

something muted in sound options?

Nope.
I even turned the sounds up, but all you hear is the normal glider opening. There is no hawk sound.

Edit: I just used another glider and equipped the hawk wings again. Now it works. Sounds like kitten though. Like a little bird squeaking.

(edited by Xetu.7341)

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

I absolutely love these wings.

That being said, I haven’t bought them because it’s inevitable that anet will come out with better colors.

That ALSO being said, I now regret buying the white anatomically incorrect feather wings because now they’ll come out with anatomically correct snow owl wings instead of doing what they SHOULD do and replace the white feather wings with the new, blatantly superior model. If they actually end up doing the latter I would be surprised.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

As a glider skin yes, though I cringe if I see someone running around with it. Just looks silly. Anyway, I was a bit disappointed that the skin doesn’t flap the wings during gliding.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

As a glider skin yes, though I cringe if I see someone running around with it. Just looks silly. Anyway, I was a bit disappointed that the skin doesn’t flap the wings during gliding.

Imo the Soul River is still the best glider skin out there.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Hawk Wings feedback

Manasa Devi.7958

I absolutely love these wings.

That being said, I haven’t bought them because it’s inevitable that anet will come out with better colors.

That ALSO being said, I now regret buying the white anatomically incorrect feather wings because now they’ll come out with anatomically correct snow owl wings instead of doing what they SHOULD do and replace the white feather wings with the new, blatantly superior model. If they actually end up doing the latter I would be surprised.

Anatomically incorrect? They’re feathers plucked from some bird and stuck to a harness your character straps on. Anatomy doesn’t figure into it at all.

Hawk Wings feedback

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Any art fixes on the weirdness with the backpack skin in today’s release? I’m guessing it would take longer than that, but who knows

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )