Healing Boon Idea

Healing Boon Idea

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

While I know the trinity is not a thing and I am not advocating for it, I would love to see so more support options. One support option I was thinking of would be like a healing boon. For purposes of this example, we could name it “Purity”

The way it would work is a lot like Might, but instead of stacking in intensity of outgoing damage, it would stack in intensity of incoming healing. This means the player with this boon would receive more healing from their own healing skill as well as any healing coming from allies. Certainly the metric would need some balancing, but it could look like this:

0.3125 * Level + 5 = Healing Power per stack (e.g. 30 at level 80)

That means, with 25 stacks of Purity, you would have +750 to Healing Power.

Unfortunately, as it is now, Healing Power only affects the amount of healing that particular character can do to himself and others. It does not increase the amount of healing that character would receive from Allies. It would be nice if a new attribute could possibly be created which is specific to receiving healing, regardless of source, or if that could be incorporated into Healing Power.

I think this sort of boon would be much appreciated in more challenging group content.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Healing Boon Idea

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Can make healing power a better stat for sure but many do not want this in fear of it turning trinity. I really don’t think that will ever happen even if they buff the heck out of + heal…how healing/abilities here work is entirely different than most normal trinity mmos.

In gw2, healing is a whoooole lot different than trinity based games; it takes a large amount of luck, prediction, postion, and skill to even land a heal on someone who needs it. I mean heals here target pets before players; it’s all RNG.

If it’s to OP for PvP then just have different rules/modifiers then. As to PvE, it’s not like you really need it anyways since serker kills it all, super fast. It would just be nice to be able to go a support build and not be a negative effect; is that too much to ask? :S

On topic; really dig this purity boon thought that’s being tossed around. It has potential…but I doubt they will do much. The ‘fear’ of healing is over whelming here. :\

(edited by fixit.7189)