Healing Power

Healing Power

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This stat seems like a total waste. I’m sure there are certain highly specialized builds that benefit some from running it (i.e. a full-support Ele or Guardian), but it really feels under-tuned in general. So much so that for 90% of builds you’re significantly gimping yourself by having any of it whatsoever on your gear. I feel like it single-handedly reduces the value of Celestial Gear, for example, by hogging up all of the bonus stat points and then some that would be better served by being allocated to literally any other stat.

What are others’ opinions on this? Is it something that’s ever been discussed by the devs? I sort of see it as being a problem that needs to be addressed.

Healing Power

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I love the healing power on celestial, and is one of the reasons I use it.

Healing Power

Posted by: Crystallize.8603

Crystallize.8603

This stat seems like a total waste. I’m sure there are certain highly specialized builds that benefit some from running it (i.e. a full-support Ele or Guardian), but it really feels under-tuned in general. So much so that for 90% of builds you’re significantly gimping yourself by having any of it whatsoever on your gear. I feel like it single-handedly reduces the value of Celestial Gear, for example, by hogging up all of the bonus stat points and then some that would be better served by being allocated to literally any other stat.

What are others’ opinions on this? Is it something that’s ever been discussed by the devs? I sort of see it as being a problem that needs to be addressed.

Passive defence/healing/support is generally considered fairly trash since active defence (dodging/blocking) is far more effective.

Being able to dodge every single hit or just block it renders defensive stats fairly useless. Hence zerker meta.

Can mods please stop locking threads that are constructive.
Just delete posts that are derailments.

Healing Power

Posted by: Spoon.6170

Spoon.6170

Passive defence/healing/support is generally considered fairly trash since active defence (dodging/blocking) is far more effective.

Being able to dodge every single hit or just block it renders defensive stats fairly useless. Hence zerker meta.

No, healing stats aren’t considered that useful because blasting water fields is where most of the group healing comes from and that is independent of the healing stats of the field caster or the blaster.

Healing Power

Posted by: Crystallize.8603

Crystallize.8603

No, healing stats aren’t considered that useful because blasting water fields is where most of the group healing comes from and that is independent of the healing stats of the field caster or the blaster.

Blasting water :<?
But but fire!

Can mods please stop locking threads that are constructive.
Just delete posts that are derailments.

Healing Power

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I do think you get a reasonable bang for your buck out of Toughness and Vitality, though, at least up to a point, since it generally isn’t possible to dodge everything and is pretty easy to make mistakes in most situations.

But it just really seems that a moderate investment in Healing Power just isn’t at all worth the payoff.

Healing Power

Posted by: konawolv.3971

konawolv.3971

I love the healing power on celestial, and is one of the reasons I use it.

This. Before the changes to the traits, i use to run a full celestial guardian with GS and hammer. It was very effective because i played shouts, and had my guardian abilities traited to apply boons as well. Whenever i would apply a boon, i would receive a heal that scaled with healing power and would remove a condi. So, i was able to hit hard, remove my condis, apply boons, heal, and take a decent hit. I wasnt the best in any certain area, but excelled in large to medium group fighting, and could do anything i was really asked to: blast fields, heal, stability, frontline, DPS. I guess you could say what i was the best at was doing everything.

oh and dodge healed me too

IMO the thing that really put celestial over the top for guardian was the healing power because literally every button i pressed healed me. But, alas, that build is gone, and my celestial gear has been sidelined for full zerker with condi runes.

i7 4790k/ Asus Direct CUii GTX 780/ 16 GB Gskill RAM @1866 MHz/ Asrock Extreme4 z97/
Kingston Hyper x 3k 90 gb/ 500 gb HDD/ 500 GB Intel 730/ 850w Thermaltake 80 plus/
NZXT Phantom 410

Healing Power

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

It is tuned to be useful for support builds, while toughness is the stat you want for personal sustain.

I don’t see how this is a problem. We have a stat for helping allies sustain and a different stat for personal sustain.

Healing Power

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Healing power have a huge impact on pvp. Build like bunker and brawler usually use a good amount of healing power (celestial or cleric).

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Healing Power

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

Yea healing power should scale night or Nerf the healing on skill that didn’t put healing power in…..my gripe is vampric presence only going up 10healing for 1200 healing power

Healing Power

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

After the patch, I tested a lot on my Guardian, I can say that healing power is a waste in the class, it literally does too little. You need to invest too much to have so little return.

But not in Elementalist, it does wonders and is fully worth to build around it.

I’ll try on Warrior on a Shout/banner support build to see if this is worth, now that the banner trait is not competing with the shout trait anymore.

On other classes I don’t think that even worth trying. They really should make this stat more useful in game.

Sorry for my english.

Healing Power

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Healing Power seems balanced entirely around using Regeneration, so all other healing effects scale terribly with a couple exceptions like the Guardian’s heal on dodge trait. All professions have some way to grant Regeneration to allies, but some are harder to use than others.

A Mesmer could run 1500 healing power (1800 traited) with monks, benevolence, and rice balls and tell people to hang out near the Phantasmal Duelist to get 470 health per second Regen… but no one does. People have been doing it on Banner warriors for awhile because it is very easy to keep the Regen up on people even when they are spread out.

Healing Power

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

healing tends to be overlooked as the impacht of healing on selfseems negligable, but when speccing healing you tend to go for aoe healing…

I have run zealot/clerics on necro, and it’s decent… whenin a group I tend to heal 5ppl in a fight for 4 to 6k health using transfusion, I can use well of blood(well based healing), mark of blood (regen), the effects on vampiric seem marginal thoug my necro with healing tends to survive longer in DPS fields then my sinister or rabid necro’s…

My zealot ele has aniche as well I follow my melee train i a short distance and try to stay away from the actual enemy regroups, skill1 will heal ~700-800 each hit…

There are other heal builds I use BUT healing received a BIG nerf with the last patch, most of my builds lost 300 healing while regaining only 100-150 from stats leaving all my heal builds leess powefull… I do undersand I can use water 3 and water 5 and with arcane brilliance and arcan wave I selfblast. Which tends to help the results considerably. Why leave the blasting to others? when cycling through attunements just make sure you have earth before the healing blasts, the wall and blast will be good dmg and control as well when pessured.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Healing Power

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is not independent. It just has a high base.

Healing Power

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

This game is DPS centric, it took me 3 years of playing my healer ele to finally figure this out. Healing is junk and has been nerfed multiple times I believe. I mean I run around with over 2k healing power and it heals people for next to nothing. It’s better to go full dps and res the dead later. And this is why this game will never ever be as popular as the trinity MMOs; it’s a brainless zergfest most the time and DPS rules all.

Healing Power

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Judging by how devs only cared about conditions being as powerful as a full zerk with this last patch… yeah they dont give a kitten about build variety. It’s really sad cause I have always liked to construct my own builds but in here it’s all about Berserker and now Sinister Gear. Efff the other 20+ stats prefixes right?

Stella Truth Seeker