Healing Power is going to speed up Rezzing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Perhaps he misspoke, but Kui Calmon-Huang said in Ready Up Episode 35 that bonus Healing Power would help the rate that your ranger pet rezzed allies. He was explaining the Beastmaster Natural Regeneration trait 2 hours, 12 minutes, and 14 seconds in. He specifically said it would affect Allies Aid (your pet uses Search and Rescue when you revive an ally).

Is this a new change for everyone? Or is it something specific to ranger pets perhaps? He might be confused, he also stated that your pet’s healing power would affect Invigorating Bond.

The Quote I’m referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbdl5WoAI90&t=2h12m14s

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am going to go with confused dev on that one.

As for pet’s healing power affecting Invigorating Bond, what is so unusual about that?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

No idea, but I’m very interested to know the answer.

Gone to Reddit.

misterdevious.6482

As for pet’s healing power affecting Invigorating Bond, what is so unusual about that?

“The healing caused by this trait scales with your Healing Power rather than your pet’s.” – Wiki

If Invigorating Bond does now scale from your pet’s healing power, that is a nerf to healing power rangers and to pets (unless they majorly increased the Invigorating Bond scaling from your pet.)

The pet healing power trait was hardly worth taking because it only helped a tiny amount on:

• Moa AoE heal
  • Fern Hound AoE regen howl
  • Bear self-regen
  • Leaps through water
  • Blasts in water
  • Regen granted by projectiles through water
  • The amount healed on crit by Carnivorous Appetite

We lost Carnivorous Appetite which was a great trait. So now, this 450 healing power may be 99% useless on some pets and squishy pets will have much less self-healing potential overall.

But back to the topic… shouldn’t Healing Power affect rezzing?

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

To be perfectly honest, i’d like to see the stat get a buff like this and actually make it a valuable stat in and outside of combat for those who are dedicated to the medic role.

Currently Healing Power comes at the cost of giving up pretty much everything with little to nothing in return, since most healing abilities scale terribly with a stat its designed for.

Would reviving slightly faster be OP? I hardly doubt it would break anything and it would make rezzing the dead alot more bearable. Would synergize well with revive traits which do tend to be a bit lackluster at times.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

I think Healing Power should simply scale much higher in general, with ALL types of healing.

misterdevious.6482

Healing Power isn’t bad, but it needs outgoing heal food/traits/runes to be really effective.

Healing Power just seems to be based on having high Regeneration upkeep and beyond that all other healing effects are secondary. If you can keep regen up on allies, healing power can be superior to vitality and competitive with toughness. The problem is that only one person can do that per group because Regeneration doesn’t stack in intensity.

Stealth thief, mark necro, shout ranger, banner warrior, mace guardian, turret engi… all are capable of granting high uptime of group regeneration, but for some it is much easier than others. How many mesmers ever say “stand near the phantasmal duelist for 450 health per second regen?”

misterdevious.6482

To be perfectly honest, i’d like to see the stat get a buff like this and actually make it a valuable stat in and outside of combat for those who are dedicated to the medic role.

• Revenants can get +1.5% outgoing healing for every 100 healing power .
  • Guardians can get +1% outgoing healing for every 100 vitality.
  • Elementalists can get +15% outgoing healing with Aquatic Benevolence.
  • Engineers can get +15% outgoing healing while medkit is equipped.

Other professions don’t appear to be getting large outgoing healing bonuses but they are getting new unique ways to support allies… by granting them distortion, preventing them from bleeding out, etc. To make Healing Power really count, you need lots of ways to apply healing and you need some outgoing healing percentage. All professions could wear monk runes, eat rice balls, and use benevolence sigils for 32.5% outgoing healing. The above professions can go higher with 47.5 or higher outgoing healing.