Healing Power useless?

Healing Power useless?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loki.5891

Loki.5891

Hi,

so I wondered. Putting on 50 healing power changes my heal in the tooltip from 51 to 54. Is that a display bug or is healing power just that useless?
Regeneration effects seem to be affected more though~

I know they don’t want healing to be a replacement for actually dodging stuff, but come on? 50 Healing Power should change it more than 3 points?

Not trying to complain just wondering why it changes so little and if thats just a display bug or something

(edited by Loki.5891)

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

I hear from alot of ppl that healing power is useless.So your not wrong

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Gatto.5168

Gatto.5168

Someone said they had a strat guide. In that guide it stated that you have to stack the same stat in every piece of armor and trinket in order to feel the difference. So if you are doing a dungeon and want to focus a little more on heal, you have to have armor with all healing power and trinkets with all healing power. If you want to play a little more defensive, you have to stack toughness. A stat of 50 healing won’t show so much, but a stack of 5 of them on you will. It’s the same with all stats.

Healing Power useless?

Loki.5891

Precision seems pretty Crit-Chance changing even without stacking it though xD But I’ll see, only Level 10 yet

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Gatto.5168

Gatto.5168

Precision does, but what the hard part is, is getting the damage from a crit attack up. My chance at one point was 73%, but the added damage was only 5. lol. worthless right?

Healing Power useless?

Loki.5891

its 50% more dmg no? Crit Dmg only adds up to that then, from what I’ve heard

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Doctor Ivo Robotnik.3879

Doctor Ivo Robotnik.3879

Precision does, but what the hard part is, is getting the damage from a crit attack up. My chance at one point was 73%, but the added damage was only 5. lol. worthless right?

Depending on your class. A balance of power and crit is satisfying. You need a base meat for those swings of yours.

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Critical is 50% more minimum plus your added critical damage (so 10% critical damage = 160% damage on critical).

Healing power is only useful if your class can do lots of heals all the time IMO, like water magic.

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Laughter.7042

Laughter.7042

Healing power seems pretty awesome to me. I’m a Water Elementalist though focusing on pure support with +Healing in all my armor.

Healing Power useless?

Loki.5891

Healing power seems pretty awesome to me. I’m a Water Elementalist though focusing on pure support with +Healing in all my armor.

Yeah thats waht i’m trying to do, just wondering why my main heal only was upped by 3 points in the tooltip when i added 50 healing power

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: MegaGame.4015

MegaGame.4015

now from a lvl23ish Elementalist, healing power dont seem to do much.
I take traits and gear with healing power, but it seem to be just better going damage/crit as the add time I give other ppl to kill the mob seem to be way less then the time I cut of the time it takes to kill the mob.

I like that there is no just healer/tank/dps, and dont need to have healing out heal a boss.
But I feel kind of useless with all the healing gear/trait when I cant even heal up ppl that are outside of the combat area of boss.
I rez 2 ppl in one of those big boss events, we all 3 move back, there is a 4 with low hp alos, I cast the 2 water healing spells, and we get a few 100th hp…
Selfs heals seem just to work better, just with longer CD.

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Laughter.7042

Laughter.7042

Yeah thats waht i’m trying to do, just wondering why my main heal only was upped by 3 points in the tooltip when i added 50 healing power

What are you putting your points in if you don’t mind sharing?

I have put 30 in Water 30 in Air.. taking the passive to convert 5% of my precision into + healing.

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Quintal.6594

Quintal.6594

I’m an ele (80, doing explorables)

I’ve tried a healing power build, had it at 900some, and was not sold on it.

It does make blast finishers in water very nice (3-4k per) allowing me to full heal an area with a couple evasive arcana’s and an arcane wave..

BUT. I have found it far more effective to go arcane/fire with knights/berserkers and evasive into fire fields to keep massive might stacks up on the party and just kill things faster. Not to mention still doing good dps my self

Also of note, the actual heals from geyser and rain will never do much, their point is to make water fields to combo. I think my Geyser did something piddly like 700 and the waterblast autoattack was healing for 350-400.

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Jazneo.8213

Jazneo.8213

Heal skill for theif are very usefull i can leave you in the dust it get to bad lol

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Zalon.7618

Zalon.7618

I’m a Lv80 ele. full gold healing gear(and most accessorys for a total of 1349 healing power). My water blast can heal for just over 500, geyser heals somewhere between 1100-1200 per tic, and healing rain heals for 300-400 if i remember right. Also when i change into water i do a small aoe heal for 2500-3000hp. Can’t remember what the smoothing mist regen heals per tic. Think around 130-150.

Healing Power useless?

Loki.5891

I’m a Lv80 ele. full gold healing gear(and most accessorys for a total of 1349 healing power). My water blast can heal for just over 500, geyser heals somewhere between 1100-1200 per tic, and healing rain heals for 300-400 if i remember right. Also when i change into water i do a small aoe heal for 2500-3000hp. Can’t remember what the smoothing mist regen heals per tic. Think around 130-150.

And how do you rate those numbers? Think they’re too low?

@Laughter: I’m level 11 so nothing much atm xD

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Zalon.7618

Zalon.7618

And how do you rate those numbers? Think they’re too low?

@Laughter: I’m level 11 so nothing much atm xD

For what this game is since they don’t want like a full healer class. It seems fine. More so when i switch to water to heal for the 2500-3000hp then use geyser to heal another 4000 hp total. It is nice.

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

I’ve been wondering whats going on with that, cause my signet of resolve (best healing ability for guardians) always healed half my health, then I started collecting the mending set from my story and its still only half my health, I thought with all that healing power it would be at least 3 quarters by now, I’m seeing no increase at all…

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Healing Power useless?

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I’m an ele (80, doing explorables)

I’ve tried a healing power build, had it at 900some, and was not sold on it.

It does make blast finishers in water very nice (3-4k per) allowing me to full heal an area with a couple evasive arcana’s and an arcane wave..

BUT. I have found it far more effective to go arcane/fire with knights/berserkers and evasive into fire fields to keep massive might stacks up on the party and just kill things faster. Not to mention still doing good dps my self

Also of note, the actual heals from geyser and rain will never do much, their point is to make water fields to combo. I think my Geyser did something piddly like 700 and the waterblast autoattack was healing for 350-400.

This is the problem people are running into with just about every profession. Why play harder with support builds… When you can make things substantially easier with superior damage builds. It is far easier to blow things up in wvw/spvp/wvw than it is to try and keep people alive.