Healing Skills and Healing Power

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mell.4873

Mell.4873

Okay so this is my third attempt at posting maths.
There is nothing really controversial here i just though i would work out the hps of all healing skills. i mean this has got nothing to do with skill so i thought it would be safer to post.
I can do dps but this does take a lot longer.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuAXA8GRArcRdHl5UWlZeF9tWVlISjJ2cnZCeHJ6eEE

Okay so some notes
The healing turret is the best heal in the game because of basically glitch where you can pick the turret up right away to get a 14 second cool down.
If you want a pure heal not one that is based of Regen then mantra is the best but only if you invest in them. You can further increase the heals with restorative mantra trait.
Other than that most other classes are fairly balanced.
Mesmer’s elementalists and engineers have a the best heals.
You also can potentially get high hps on the thief with high attack rate skills.

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

Something I’ve always wondered: what affects the healing of the elixir infused bombs with the engineer? I assume power affects its damage and this you do x damage as a result. Do you then heal for x? Or do you heal for a different number modified by healing stats?

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

Mell.4873

Something I’ve always wondered: what affects the healing of the elixir infused bombs with the engineer? I assume power affects its damage and this you do x damage as a result. Do you then heal for x? Or do you heal for a different number modified by healing stats?

Every heal is effect by healing power in some way unless its from a pet.
176 is the heal and it effected by 10% of your healing power. So its pretty good.
I added it to spreed sheet now.

Mell.4873

I wonder if i can link this to each of the profession forums and i wont get in trouble

(edited by Mell.4873)

Mell.4873

Well i guess no one cares about this stuff. I wont bother with dps then.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

No way, this is really useful, thanks for doing it, and we could use way more data.

Looking at this has some surprising results, didn’t realise mesmer could do so much healing.

xiv.7136

Also guardian results are surprising.

Mell.4873

No way, this is really useful, thanks for doing it, and we could use way more data.

Looking at this has some surprising results, didn’t realise mesmer could do so much healing.

Yeah i knew it high because i did alot of pvp with them. i also spotted the eng high hps in pvp.
Really as far as i can see eng has the best self heals while the guardian has the best team heals.

I was originally going to do a more spread sheet fashion with like a Regen line and stuff. This would take a lot longer and would be of little use. There are not that many healing skills so i though this would be simpler

(edited by Mell.4873)

xiv.7136

Yeah i knew it high because i did alot of pvp with them. i also spotted the eng high hps in pvp.
Really as far as i can see eng has the best self heals while the guardian has the best team heals.

I was originally going to do a more spread sheet fashion with like a Regen line and stuff. This would take a lot longer and would be of little use. There are not that many healing skills so i though this would be simpler

I’m concerned about the delves with healing power as well, still looking over the spreadsheet until I get a good handle on it – but from cursory watching, this is where several classes that might have been able to put out considerable healing are actually handcuffed, +healing power doesn’t seem to add enough to beef up their heals.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It’s all about the packaging. As a math professional, I can assure you it doesn’t just happen with gamers. Work out the delivery.

xiv.7136

I guess I just like spreadsheets more than most

Mell.4873

It’s all about the packaging. As a math professional, I can assure you it doesn’t just happen with gamers. Work out the delivery.

Im doing a crit damage vrs conditional damage soon. It will be based off max armor stats.

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

Honestly I rather not have some other player telling me facts based on a spread sheet that they think is right. The devs should had just made a healing class, so to those players that like to heal only and always did a healing class since MMO’s came out would know what to do in a group situation do to there instinct as always playing a healer for so many years. GW2 does not have a healing only class and probaly will never have one, because if it does get one then thier slogo of a different MMO’s goes out the window.

It all boils down to, a player that only plays a healing class will always know what to do in certain group situations.

Mell.4873

Honestly I rather not have some other player telling me facts based on a spread sheet that they think is right. The devs should had just made a healing class, so to those players that like to heal only and always did a healing class since MMO’s came out would know what to do in a group situation do to there instinct as always playing a healer for so many years. GW2 does not have a healing only class and probaly will never have one, because if it does get one then thier slogo of a different MMO’s goes out the window.

It all boils down to, a player that only plays a healing class will always know what to do in certain group situations.

Meh i love maths. all im doing is whoing you what classes have the best heals and how it is effected by healing power. The most effective use of healing power is prob a thief with high hit count.

Posted by: Noein.5893

Noein.5893

I always wanted to see something like this. But am i the only one not seeing it? Or is there no mention of guardian roll heal, buff for allies heal? And warrior shout heal?

They come from specific traits from the two classes but they do significant amount o healing in my experience. Would love to see some data for those.