Healing stats without toughness

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Varkros.4158

Varkros.4158

Are we going to see some more main healing stat items (mostly rings/back/jewelry of the ascended variety) without toughness on it now with raids being around?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I guess the assumption here is if you are buffing healing, you want the healer to be a bit more tanky. Of course that may be a problem in raids and certain other encounters.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Maybe later down the line.

Though for the life of me i cannot see them doing it without fixing siphons up to be a tad bit better, or fixing some scaling on skills that heal (outside of primary heals).

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hopefully not every encounter will be like the Vale Guardian. I realized that all the nifty new drops we’re getting for collections tend to have toughness on them. It took some juggling to kit out for our recent attempt at the Vale Guardian (we’re not cutting edge raiders, m’kay?) so that our tank would have the most toughness without the rest of us sacrificing our builds and gear. I mean, it is really nice to have such a clear and obvious mechanic, it makes it simple to designate a tank … but then they shouldn’t be piling a tank aggro-pulling stat on every single thing we get in HoT.

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Has anyone tried a full cleric meditation symbol guardian with mace shield and staff? From build editor it has 3.4k+ armor and tons of heal. Maybe it can serve as a tank healer and other 9 player just dps in raid.