Heart of Thorns "Farming Map$$"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mirion.9361

Mirion.9361

Please i hope Anet brings more farming mechanics to Hot like Silverwaste.SW popularity has Skyrocketed to 93% due to farming and grinding This is what alot of people like and attracts new players to the game.This the Key to Growing GW2 add along with Raids

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I’m not sure what “93%” refers to or where it came from, but…

I actually agree for the most part. I don’t really like farming and grinding, but some people love to, and currently all those people can really do is either run SW or else event chains in CS or FS, and SW is clearly the best moneymaker.

Give the farmers and the grinders their maps and options. I want GvG, I want Raids, I want new dungeons and new maps, so that’s how I’ll be spending my time.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Is this sarcasm or….sorry kinda hard to tell?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I think it might be, but I decided to give a real response anyway.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I enjoy the mechanics of SW. Haven’t joined a chest farm map once. I just do event runs. It’s fun doing the distributive mechanics with teams and the four bases and all that. It feels much more like a community effort than past maps I’ve participated in, such as Cursed Shore. In CS, everything was “go here, go there, every group does the same thing at the same time.”

In SW, it’s more spread out, so you have the bonus of numbers, without the hassle of 100+ people trying to tag the same mob.

Also, the whole thing about blues and greens coming in a special “bag,” instead of as individual drops is A++

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: KitOnlyHuman.6807

KitOnlyHuman.6807

I love SW. I do the events there when I want to be active and watch a movie or something on the side. I chest farm when I’m not really into playing but don’t have anything else to do. It’s a good “Go to” when you’re bored or just want to do something to wind down your mind, wait for something else, ect. Otherwise, when I’m more engaged, I do dungeons, guild missions, RP, PvP, WvW, map completion, leveling. I enjoy maps like SW for their purpose, it feels alive and involved (mostly because of the people that are there to make gold), so sure. Add some more of these, but don’t lose focus on the other playstyles as well. Not everyone plays the whole game. =)

Kit
Lady Shade | Lydia Barakov | Tesse Centirum | Quote Nevermore| Axe Bloodclaw | Beta Zee

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

One of the best things about the original was that it had a plethora of farming builds and locations. So you never had issues like embers and CS events failing on purpose (like) in GW2. The best ‘farmer’ in the world can’t be in two maps at once.

The key though, was that it was also ‘fun’ to do.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

One of the best things about the original was that it had a plethora of farming builds and locations. So you never had issues like embers and CS events failing on purpose (like) in GW2. The best ‘farmer’ in the world can’t be in two maps at once.

The key though, was that it was also ‘fun’ to do.

One of the best things about nostalgia is, the mind has the amazing ability at will to block out the bad and focus on the good. IT is the reason why a lot of people complain how the 1950s were great hint it wasn’t.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The old games of wonder
With gamers surrounded
The dawn sword glowing
The memories flowing
The endless nostalgia
Forever and ever

original: Pink Floyd High Hopes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBM5vWiBLo

We will see how the new maps will look like dont forget the new loot bonus system also works on the new maps!

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The old games of wonder
With gamers surrounded
The dawn sword glowing
The memories flowing
The endless nostalgia
Forever and ever

original: Pink Floyd High Hopes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBM5vWiBLo

We will see how the new maps will look like dont forget the new loot bonus system also works on the new maps!

Two-three lines in and I recognized the source XD

Good song and at least those lines from it are appropriate to the thread.

Posted by: Reckoner.2536

Reckoner.2536

Nostalgia… Always trying to recapture that feel from Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot…

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I hate grinding and farming and I don’t really understand how can anyone enjoy it XD

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

farming and grinding This is what alot of people like and attracts new players to the game.This the Key to Growing GW2 add along with Raids

Buddy, if farming and grinding is what you like most about a game, then I have some Korean MMOs and facebook browser games that you’ll be absolutely ecstatic to play.

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

I’m 93% sure that this is a troll post.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I’m 93% sure that this is a troll post.

Its not, its actually the 2nd thread OP has opened on that matter, besides some other threads about hardcore farming, for example asking for champ bag loot buffs because he has like 70k in his bank….

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Better farm maps like kitten instead of being forced todo world completion for the 10th time or todo boring dungeon paths and fractals over and over.
Same with raids, why should anet focus on content noone wants and less than 0.1% would even play. Instead anet should create some nice big farmmaps which would be played by at least 50% of their customers regulary.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!