Heath Bar permanent visible

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Denise.8145

Denise.8145

Everyone who has ever tryed to play as a healer, be it druid, ventari rev, ele or engie knows the confusion you face when you try to keep your team alive. you may see the heath bar of every member of your team in the group window, but you can´t tell if they are standing right next to you, or are on the other end of the map. if you hover with your mouse over a teammate in a fight, you briefly see the health bar under their names, but in a 5v5 battle in pvp it is quite confusing with everybody flipping around all the time, teleporting from one end of a capture point to another and it is literaly impossible to tell WHO the F needs healing. In raids with 10 men groups it gets evan more complicated, and don´t get me startet on a 50 men zerg in WvW or in Dragon Stand.
so PLZT PLZ PLZ SHUGGER COATED PLZ give us an option to permanently show the healthbar under the names! <3 <3 <3 <3

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

Yes I so agree, it’s really frustrating in fractals as well. When you wanna aoe heal with healing turret but need to look at the grp icons all the time. It takes your eyes away from the battle.

Posted by: Cylokin.2560

Cylokin.2560

Agreed, this would be very very useful. One more vote for this option.

Denise.8145

hopefully a dev finds that thread.

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

At least make it an option for party (and hopefully squad), but this – a thousand times this.

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Posted by: victor.9472

victor.9472

Just logged in to say +1 for that idea
It would improve a lot my healing effectiveness playing as a druid

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

In addition to the healthbar, it would be nice for there to be an option for in-party/squad character-models to glow more and more red as they near death. It wouldn’t work very well for those who choose to color themselves red, but it would be a nice addition all the same.

NSPride <3

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

+1

I’d prefer this were a selectable option in the options menu, though, like other nameplate options. I wouldn’t like to see health bars over every player I come across in Tyria as the screen would become really cluttered, and it’s just unnecessary there. But in sPvP, this would be something I would probably enable. Even in WvW.

Perhaps allow the same options as nameplates. Show All, Show Teammates Only, Show None, etc.

Also, you might want to post this in the stickied QoL Suggestions thread at the top of this forum, as the devs watch that thread and it’s more likely to be noticed there.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I had to. Kinda surprised no one else did this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aziskohos.5312

Aziskohos.5312

Ha Ha Ha I laugh soo hard! Ty for that

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

jajajaja

But I agree to the suggestion it would be very useful.
You would think they would have thought of that when implementing heavy healers like Druid and Revenant.
I say just make it an option, like show/hide all player names. That way we can turn it off when we don’t need it in mass. Personally, I don’t see why they haven’t already done this to be honest.

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

I would also really like this

Denise.8145

this needs to be implemented…best yesturday ;-)

Posted by: Multigun.9871

Multigun.9871

Yup. With the move towards the a somewhat holy trinity system, having zero health bar info makes it extremely difficult to know whose hurting and who isn’t. On 2k or 4k displays those health bar icons for people in your party are further and further away from the main action (to the point you have to actively look at the direction of the icons and taking your eyes off the action, and thus missing when the boss is throwing out a 1 hit kill or what an enemy player is doing or something of the sort).

Health bars is a bit of an old system though and would feel out of place. Some sort of optional indicator to show when a player is getting low on health would be a very nice feature to have. I’ll take health bars over what we have now though, which is nothing.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

been asking for this for a couple years now

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

Too good to be true

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

+1

I play wvw a lot and would love a feature like this.

This has been asked for, for a LONG time now.

Posted by: Birman.1705

Birman.1705

I too support this petition. This is really needed.

Denise.8145

An up for health bar recognition day ;-)