Heavy Amour: Charr or Norn

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

I want to make a rather imposing and intimidating heavy armour character. Which one of the two – Charr or Norn – looks better?

I want it be very tall so two-handed weapons look at their max size. A max sized Charr certainly looks big and wide but it keeps hunching down makes it shorter than a Norn. On the other hand, Norn is tall but most of the body shapes look fat – except may be one that looks more or less proportional.

Also, I found this picture on Guildwars2 guru forum saying that a stand up right Charr is as tall if not taller than a Norn. Can someone confirm that?

Anyway, so a second tallest but wide-build race Charr or the tallest race Norn?

Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why don’t you make a one of either race then check out what the armor looks like from your bank wardrobe tab? Then delete and make the other race and check. That will get you a better idea of what looks good to you than other people’s opinion.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

While I didn’t use the largest model here are couple of my heavies for comparison

Attachments:

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Imposing and intimidating? Well that rules out Charr quickly because they’re fluffy snuggly.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Norn, “Towering hunters of the north” join us brother!

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

It depends what you’re going for. Either race can look intimidating — or not —, depending on the character’s look and armor. For example, a norn with a pink mustache and a Cook’s Outfit won’t look nearly as intimidating as a norn with a scarred face, unkempt hair, a long beard and some dark, full plate armor, even if both are equally as tall and muscular.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I roll 8 Charrs (zero Norns)….. I u want the least clipping issues – pick a Norn. Apart from that I think both races can look fearsome!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Dav.9152

Dav.9152

Going to vote norn for this.

Live, learn, level up.

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

Pick Charr, buy the cooking outfit, use Kevin mace and Rusttooth sword skin
Win

Posted by: Ku Ku.1245

Ku Ku.1245

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor

You can look at most of the armor on here for each class – easy enough to pull up several tabs to compare looks you like and then preview it in game on a new toon (using the wardrobe accessed by crafting stations) to be sure

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

A good combo for Charr heavy armor is Braham’s shoulderpiece used in conjunction with regular old Scallywag armor. Totally BAMF

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-