Heavy Karma nerf

Heavy Karma nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

I can’t quite understand why it got nerfed.

Before, the main way of getting karma was with dailies and monthlies.
It seems the only way to get a decent amount of karma is events now?
Championbags and Dungeons won’t give Karma anymore.

I need Karma since I want to craft a legendary, but I don’t want to play events to reach a decent amount in an acceptable time.

If there was a problem with dailies giving too much karma, could anyone explain it to me? because I can’t see one

edit: It’s NOT that I don’t want to play the game, I just like Dungeons, Fractals and a bit PvP way more than mindlessly doing events

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

(edited by Odd Magnet.3970)

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I need Karma since I want to craft a legendary, but I don’t want to play events to reach a decent amount in an acceptable time.

^This is the why!

Players don’t want to play the game for the game’s rewards!

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well that nerf is on its place. I play game without any boosters build 4 legendaries and still have over 5m karma for spend.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Just play the game. The Karma will be piling up on you slowly but steadily. Those events are literally everywhere.

One – Piken Square

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Because people had karma coming out of their ears. It was a joke. It was far too common. I have two legendaries, enough mystic clovers for a third and almost 3 million karma. It really was given out too freely. It was silly.

Heavy Karma nerf

Odd Magnet.3970

^This is the why!

Players don’t want to play the game for the game’s rewards!

/cheers

I want to play the game, but more Dungeons/Fractals and less events. The open world is ok, but I absolutely hate all that zerging going on at the big chains.

Heavy Karma nerf

LHound.8964

You don’t need to get to the Open World to do events.

Dungeons/fractals rewards karma too. See for example the Events existing in Dungeons,
(i.g.: CoF ->http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Citadel_of_Flame_)

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Heavy Karma nerf

Odd Magnet.3970

Dungeons/fractals rewards karma too. See for example the Events existing in Dungeons,

/cheers

do Fractals also reward karma? Afaik they only do if you do them below your personal reward level

Heavy Karma nerf

LHound.8964

Honestly i don’t do Fractals for a very long time. I can’t be sure of any other Karma trough Fractals except the one you said!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Karma has been a poorly thought conceived system since launch, so I personally appreciate their attempts to fix it, provided they continue this way. Apparently, karma was supposed to be an account bound secondary currency akin to gold, but it’s inflated and unbalanced distribution, along with little to no way to reasonably spend it were what broke it in the first place, so the steps they now took seem reasonable to me.

However, seeing how much they have kittened up since launch I am a bit reluctant to praise them for it yet.

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

There’s really no logical reason for it. They made these events spread out way too far across the map and nobody can keep track of them all, yet they expect us to show up every time it starts. It’s ridiculous.

Nobody want’s to do it because these events take a long time and they’re boring because its the same thing every single time with no variation at all.

I still have 1mill karma banked with a lot of karma pots. Saving that for legendary if I can ever craft a precursor because I’m never using the mystic toilet again, that thing is clearly designed to be a gold sync and nothing more.

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

c’m on karma is pretty useless after 2 months of playing.
if you are going for a legendary is not karma that you need so desperately.
by the time you get 250 powerful bloods you’ll have enough to make two legends.
let’s not start to talk about precursor.
i’ve been chasing twilight since day 1, without grinding and after 1800h i find myself with the two major gifts, 100 ledstones, and i’m now starting to stock for the pre.
trust me don’t care about karma and start stocking t6.
1kk is prtty resonable to get even now compared to other mats, b4 was plain stupid to buy obby shards directly as you culd get that many from boxes that i have already 200 without a use.

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It was needed because after a certain point karma because worthless.

I’ve got 2 million karma and nothing to do with it. I guess I could buy a bunch of orr jewel boxes and build an army of mini Risen Priests???

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

/cheers

You know that they deleted the karma in dungeons chest right? So do a dungeon for 300 of karma if that dungeon had a event seem more pain in the kitten that do open world event.

Event failure no longer rewards karma in order to encourage players to succeed at events.

Liquid Karma dropped from dungeon end chests have been replaced with Empyreal Fragments.

So events is the only way in pve.

They change this 2 or 3 months after the launch of the game because get karma was pain and you have to farm events no stop ( Plinx chain ).

And now after almost a year they come back to the previus karma state ? Bad decision to me.

I had more karma reward doing a daily before that doing a monthly now, seen that arena.net only 2 terms, empty and full, half-full is a legend.

(edited by GonzoNeo.4965)

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

I can’t quite understand why it got nerfed.

This is why. Too many players making too much gold and obsidian shards from orrian box’s.

This is just from some karma anet sent me for free for compensation…does not even include the other 2+ million karma i blew a few days before with 102% karma boosts.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/98506/KA_CHING_.jpg

Millions of karma turned into hundreds of gold and obsidian shards with very little effort because karma was so easy to get, plus with 103% karma boosts if you have 10k+ achievements you would pretty much get back 75% of the karma you used to get the orrian box’s, so you could repeat this for hours if you had enough karma to start with.

Attachments:

(edited by TRON.1085)

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

can also be a calculated change to bring more ppl to wvw.
as i think was the requirement o BoH for legends before AP rewards were introduced.
in wvw karma is a bit easyer to get.
also with scarle invasions, u get plety in no time.

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

it is just annoying.

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Nerf was because people started to actually earn money through the Orrian Boxes, that’s why it urgently needed an immediate nerf.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: soulartistrb.7509

soulartistrb.7509

Then take out the boxes. I’m struggling to get the karma I need for the rest my shards. I do dungeons and the queensdale champ train, but dungeons don’t give karma anymore. I don’t do fractals, just not my thing. It would be great if the Orr trains were going again and WvW is hit and miss. I actually used my karma to gear up alts while people were sitting on theirs and now I find it difficult just to get 20k. If they wanted to do it right they would have taken the boxes out and given more things to actually spend it on.

Lots of toons and so little time :D

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I was taken out because there was no point in doing events. You got karma so fast anyways that there was no incentive to do DEs.

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Ok, the idea that dailies should be the primary source of karma is the problem, and frankly I’m glad they stamped it out.

The very notion that you get “karma” from killing 30 ambient creatures and taking an axe to a bunch of saplings is dumb. Go out and smite some evil. Stop bandits from poisoning an entire town. Save that kid that keeps getting lost in the Destroyer crevice. Do something heroic!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I was taken out because there was no point in doing events. You got karma so fast anyways that there was no incentive to do DEs.

Even with it being the “primary” way to acquire karma now its still not even close to the incentive one needs to do random events… you get twice as much karma just as fast doing activities like sanctum sprint and collecting the karma from that.

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Instead of reducing how much Karma we got by ALOT, they should’ve made more ways we could spend it. Like using it for unique skins, attaining all kinds of armor and weapons that are account bound , buy runes and sigils with em that are account bound, use it to buy Ascended mats in bulk or something…of course none of it would be cheap, you’d have to save up a lot.

Or do they already do that? Soz, 4am -.-

Heavy Karma nerf

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Why on earth am i receiving 20 kamra or less for any events after a few eventy? I’m not doing the same events all the tame. Why are we punished for playing?