Heavy Pants?

Heavy Pants?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Q:

So far, in my quest for male pants, I’ve acquired them for light and medium armor. Ascalon Performer Pants for light (because butt-capes come with leg armor on light), and Glorious Brigandine for medium (because the butt-capes are attached to the chest for medium).

I can’t, however, seem to find a heavy male legging that doesn’t have a skirt, mini-skirt, breechcloth, peplum or other form of butt-cape.

Since pants are such a rarity, I wanted to make sure I’m not missing something as I look through armor previews and galleries. Is there an elusive Heavy Male Legging that doesn’t have curtains of any sort?

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Still looks like it has a miniskirt. Or is that attached to the chest piece?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

Would the leggings worn by the Lion Guard males in heavy armor qualify ?

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Firstly, what race? The two non human races have different armor looks than the human ones.

EDIT: Looking it over, Studded might be your best bet.

(edited by Ralanost.8913)

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

I think he’s talking about the Heavy Plate armor, which is about the only one that seem to fit your description.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Plate_armor#Human

I didn’t see any other armor that would fit your needs.

Lady Minuit

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

The Heritage Legplates might work, but it’s a GW1 skin. Heavy Plate Leggards, Studded Plate Leggings, Whispers Secret Tasset, and Priory Historical Tasset might also fit your bill. Only other one is Primeval, and you already ruled that out.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’ve been in your place before, OP, and found the Heavy Plate (Lionguard) suggested by others here to be the best option. Here’s my twig warrior for reference:

Attachments:

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What about the [&AgGPDwAA] Dark Leggings (and all the other sources of that skin? It’s the Lionguard legs. Not trousers, no heavy legs look like slacks, but no dangling crotch protection either. Hopefully this link shows it, from Argos Soft http://argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=defenei&lang=en
And here is my female human in it, as it’s unisex. Also my male human heavy, I have him in some basic chain with Shadow Abyss dye to help hide the hip skirt.

Attachments:

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Still looks like it has a miniskirt. Or is that attached to the chest piece?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I mean, it’s not a part of the chest piece, but I wouldn’t really call it a skirt…

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Heavy Pants?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’ve been in your place before, OP, and found the Heavy Plate (Lionguard) suggested by others here to be the best option. Here’s my twig warrior for reference:

Those and the Heritage Pants I’ve found to be the closest thing~ Heritage ones look amazing on Sylvari too but not so much on human imo.

This game really needs more pants and less skirts in general~ the quota has been filled.. they really should just rarely/never make them again at this point and do a change of direction.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.