Heavy, medium and light Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

Hi, maybe I did not about it.
But is normal that heavy with the same piece of armor with same stat, thoughness have more armor?
Is ok!!! Actually I think that depend from the difference of material, thickness, ecc isn’t a mistake.
But why if I put somethings with precession the critical chance is the same? I think that a man with a light armor should be able to have more precision (critical chance) than one with a heavy armor.
I don’t know somethings that I Should?

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Are you sure you’re comparing the same level and rarity between the heavy and medium when you did compare the two?

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Frost.1503

Yes, I did the compare with a amulet Berseker and Soldier in the build editor.
The armor is better in the heavy class and the precision (critchance) is the same for all class

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Note that the prefixes mean what stats they give.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

In pvp all is condensed on said amulet. May i ask your reason why light should have more stats then medium and heavy?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Soldier has toughness, Toughness and the armor value of the armor combined form “total armor” used for damage reduction. So Soldiers will have a higher “total armor” value in the end compared to zerker armor…

Also the metal thickness in not shown. Soldiers might be able to withstand GS hits while zerk is only to deflect arrows? Cloth and leather will provide less armor then metals…

Precision can be lower due to the fact people want a heavier armor (Soldiers will have a lower precision then zerker). They might be stronger so they can still be accurate wearing heavy armor.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Since armor divides damage, it doesn’t make much of a difference. Besides, other things like base health depend on the profession. It’s not supposed to make much sense.

Frost.1503

In pvp all is condensed on said amulet. May i ask your reason why light should have more stats then medium and heavy?

Why heavy have more armor than light?
Why shouldn’t have light more precious than heavy?
Look guys what I mean, berseker coat ascended heavy and light exactly elementalist and guardian (Same precision ):

Ele: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQBAA-TRQmAAgKBAA-e
Guardian: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQBAA-TRQmAAgKBAA-e

Now with soldier coat ascended they have different armor:

Ele: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQBAA-TRgmAAgKBAA-e
Guardian: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQBAA-TRgmAAgKBAA-e

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Why heavy have more armor than light?
Why shouldn’t have light more precious than heavy?

Because professions are restricted to one armor weight class.

If everyone could wear any type of armor — guardians in light armor and elementalists in heavy armor —, then they could lower offensive and increase defensive stats on heavier armor.

However, this is not the case. As it stands, the armor attribute on equipment is nearly insignificant, and you shouldn’t pay any mind to it. It hardly makes a difference compared to toughness.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Light armor classes are the scholars. They aren’t supposed to be hit as much, fighting more from the back row or moving with agility, Heavy armor classes are the soldiers. They are supposed to get into melee and take a hit or two. Armor class isn’t just a cosmetic thing, it determines your play style. Ever play pen-and-paper RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons? The wizard can’t wear plate mail (usually) and has fewer hit points, so he gas to avoid attacks more. Same principle.

ANet may be all about fairness, but it hasn’t quite gone Marxist communist. Some people will inherently have better stuff than you. Find another weakness and exploit it.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Its simply an old RPG rule that mages can only wear cloth armor that gives not
much protection and only knights / warriors wear plate that give the best protection.

GW2 broke with a lot of typical MMO stuff but not with all RPG stuff.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Hi, maybe I did not about it.
But is normal that heavy with the same piece of armor with same stat, thoughness have more armor?
Is ok!!! Actually I think that depend from the difference of material, thickness, ecc isn’t a mistake.
But why if I put somethings with precession the critical chance is the same? I think that a man with a light armor should be able to have more precision (critical chance) than one with a heavy armor.
I don’t know somethings that I Should?

Classes are balanced taking armor type into account so while a heavy class has access to the same stats most light and medium classes have access to higher damage potential and higher damage mitigation tools to compensate.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

The reason why heavy armor has more armor than light armor is because it makes sense to be better protected in a chainmail, than in a linen-coat.

You might think this gives heavy-armored classes an unfair advantage, but it doesn’t. That’s because light-armored classes have better skills for active defense like dodging, controlling the enemies movements, blind, etc. Also those classes are often more effective in ranged fighting than heavy-armored classes.

I know there are a lot of people out there worshipping Warrior as the best class ingame and extremists of that religion even go as far as saying that Warrior is the only viable class ingame. Don’t let them fool you. Every class has it’s ways of avoiding damage, be it acive defense or passive defense in the form of armor and a huge life-pool.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul