Hellfire Backpack

Hellfire Backpack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ChocolateBlaze.7840

ChocolateBlaze.7840

This game has been out for 5 years and still no one has gotten it since it takes 39,000 AP. Do you think ANet will change it to make it more accessible? I would love to get it but its pretty impossible for me right now.

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

New expansion = new AP

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: Doombringer BG.3740

Doombringer BG.3740

I’ve seen people with 40000+ AP :P

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Seems unlikely, since the #1 spots on the NA and EU leaderboards are at 35000.

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

And to back this up, here is the link

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/achievements

Disappointed in Malediktus though, letting NA be ahead of us by 8 points

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

You should get your eyes checked. Nobody is close to that yet (almost 5K away).

SBI

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Sadly not seeing this any time soon. At the current rate even the top 10 achievers will need at least 3 more expansions to get there.
For people like me who missed Season 1 it probably means never.

Luckily I recently crafted Warbringer and it looks superior to this

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

And to back this up, here is the link

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/achievements

Disappointed in Malediktus though, letting NA be ahead of us by 8 points

He didnt say that there currently ARE people with 40.000+ AP
He just said that he has seen people with 40.000+ AP

And that is very well possible since the salvage acheivement used to have no cap and some wealthy players abused it to get insane amounts of AP from it back then
Not sure if someone reached 40.000 but i have seen a screenshot of 34.000 back then so maybe someone with even more money & dedication reached 40.000 AP ^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Hellfire Backpack

Mel.3064

Or he was just making things up because that issue was fixed before the game even turned 1 year old

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

And that is very well possible since the salvage acheivement used to have no cap and some wealthy players abused it to get insane amounts of AP from it back then
Not sure if someone reached 40.000 back then but i have seen a screenshot fo 34.000 so maybe someone with even more money & dedication reached 40.000 AP ^^

That also doesn’t seem likely. No one in the game has ever reached 40k AP.

And, as we already said above, there are people who have over 35k AP right now, so, of course you’ve seen people with 34k or more. :p

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Sadly not seeing this any time soon. At the current rate even the top 10 achievers will need at least 3 more expansions to get there.
For people like me who missed Season 1 it probably means never.

Luckily I recently crafted Warbringer and it looks superior to this

Yea, and looking at the Crystal Dessert achievements that we saw in the demo, PoF will ship with even fewer achievement points than HoT did.

People who missed LWS1 are royally screwed, because those achievements handed out huge rewards, and modern achievements are handing out 1 or 0 AP even for putting actual effort into obtaining them.

Hellfire Backpack

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Not sure if someone reached 40.000 back then but i have seen a screenshot fo 34.000 so maybe someone with even more money & dedication reached 40.000 AP ^^

And, as we already said above, there are people who have over 35k AP right now, so, of course you’ve seen people with 34k or more. :p

I wrote i have seen a screenshot of someone with 34.000 AP back then
I know for sure that i was possible and has happened

But ofc this doesnt really help with the problem of reachign 39.000 AP since its a thing of the past and already fixed.
But on topic: I think it is good to have some true long term goals and like people mentioned we already have people at 35k ap and PoF coming up so it wont take too long until the first players get it probably

Bad enough that Anet completely ruined the PvP rank long term goals by making the previous rank 80 to rank 55 even though players already were at rank 72
That was one of the worst decisions of anet ever in my opinion…

So at least AP long term goals should stay as they are

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Hellfire Backpack

Mel.3064

I wrote i have seen a screenshot of someone with 34.000 AP back then
I know for sure that i was possible and has happened

But ofc this doesnt really help with the problem of reachign 39.000 AP since its a thing of the past and already fixed.
But on topic: I think it is good to have some true long term goals and like people mentioned we already have people at 35k ap and PoF coming up so it wont take too long until the first players get it probably

Bad enough that Anet completely ruined the PvP rank long term goals by making the previous rank 80 to rank 55 even though players already were at rank 72
That was one of the worst decisions of anet ever in my opinion…

So at least AP long term goals should stay as they are

Doubtful that anyone will reach 39k AP by PoF. Someone did the math a while ago that HoT added about 1700 AP, including doing all the legendary precursor stuff. So I would be suprised if PoF + LS4 would give 4k AP. Anet has the strange tedency to give less AP over time and difficulty vs AP reward usually do not correlate in any way.
At minimum we will wait for the expansion after PoF before anyone reaches 39k. And at that point who will want to use them? Plenty of the ascended or legendary backpacks look more impressive.
At bare minimum Anet should give these items a makeover and make them truly legendary (perhaps even a notch better quality) quality, after all it is the most difficult and time consuming objective in the game.

(edited by Mel.3064)