Hellfire & Radiant - Alternative means

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Currently in the process of prettying up my characters, and I could not help but notice that the remainder of Hellfire and Radiant armour was put in-game. The sets look amazing! Which they should, given they are currently impossible to obtain fully.

The reason: they require achivement points. This many, to be exact:
Gloves: 3k / 12k
Shoulder: 6k / 15k
Helm: 9k / 18k
Boots: 21k / 24k
Legs: 27k / 30k
Chest: 33k / 36k

(First value is your first chance to pick the item. Second value is when you get it if you first chose the alternative.)

The highest Achievement Point count currently achieved by anyone in the whole game has not even scratched 26k yet. That’s on both NA and EU leaderboards. While this armour is meant to be exclusive, I am of the opinion that maybe Arena Net has taken this a tad too far. I think it would be very nice to see an alternative method to obtain these items, in the nearby future. Or for these items to become available on a lower Achievement Point count.

Don’t get me wrong, I would want the sets to stay exclusive to true veterans and devoted players. But the current extent of that is pushing the limits. It’s going to take at least another year for the most hardcore players to even obtain both the leg pieces. The more casual crowd may be several years away from them, as it stands now.

Adding an active, challenging way to obtain them would be beneficial. Even if the means is going to be a grindfest, then that’s preferrable to the current situation.

Hundreds of laurels? That’s still doable, while requiring (similar) longterm daily hunting. Hundreds of Pristine Fractal Relics? Still more affordable than the AP count, while requiring amazing devotion. Reward them for some insanely difficult Collection? That’d tie right into the new collectible system, eh!

What I’m saying is… a challenge or grind will keep players more devoted. More devoted players, ups the chances of them buckling and buying gems. More gems, is more shinies, is more income. Skritt love shinies! I hear Arena Net do too.

Tl;dr: WTB an alternative/extra method to obtain Hellfire & Radiant sets.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I dont think an alternative method is the answer. I think the ap requirements are set too high personally and they need to be given out at lower ap levels. At that high a level, I’d rather see full sets or exclusive weapon skins, rather than the final parts to an armour set.

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

My opinion would be to lower the AP requirement as well. Infact, I think it would be better to allow people to choose between any piece from the start instead of spreading them out.

This would still mean you’d need a great amount of AP to get full Radiant and Hellfire, especially both, but it would allow you to pick anything you want just like how you pick the weapon skins.

Either way, the boots, legs and chest needs to be lowered, it’s way too high for even the most hardcore veterans.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

As someone with 25k+ AP I like the requirements as they are. Any change to it would make having a full set meaningless.
I am looking forward to reach 33/36k AP one day.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I would rather it was set up so we can get a full set by 18K instead of having to get helmet, shoulders, gloves for both sets first. Reason its not is probably because the last three pieces weren’t ready at the time, and setting achievement points that way would put our religious grinders at a bit of a disadvantage.

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

this is the last hard to obtain thing in the game that cat be gained by farming
please dont change it

i understand its annoying that u cant get what you want right away but thats the point

the only other hard thing to get is that new pvp armour that can only be won in tournements
anything else can be brought through the trading post
except ascended but even thats not that hard to obtain

please leave something for me to work towards

i love this game but latley iv been running out of things to aim for and this is one of the few things that i can still work towards

now let me just make this clear im not a major achieve junky i dont have about 4k achieve points

but i enjoy having something to work towards and theres really nothing else that i CAN work towards the rest rely on RNG or grinding endlessly to make enough gold to buy something of the trading post

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

These sets definitely need a redo. The armor sets look great, but for people who dont spend all of their waking hours farming AP, they are impossible to obtain.

I suggest they re-introduce the armor pieces. To go for one full set, you would receive 1 piece every 2k AP. The other set would be every 3k. That way its at least possible for some people and still fairly exclusive.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

These sets definitely need a redo. The armor sets look great, but for people who dont spend all of their waking hours farming AP, they are impossible to obtain.

I suggest they re-introduce the armor pieces. To go for one full set, you would receive 1 piece every 2k AP. The other set would be every 3k. That way its at least possible for some people and still fairly exclusive.

No to what has been bolded.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

The AP requirements are completely ridiculous.

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

I think the requirements set are adequate.
I am at 11k achievement points right now which is a third of the way there, but some day I will reach that 33k mark.

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

In before the same names come parading in talking about how these are exclusive items and should remain unobtainable to everyone for forever because exclusivity yo.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I think the requirements set are adequate.
I am at 11k achievement points right now which is a third of the way there, but some day I will reach that 33k mark.

The problem is, 11k isn’t a third of the way there. Assuming you’re playing relatively normally, you’ve ticked of many of the easy permanent of achievements, and have a reasonable proportion of the daily/monthly achievements that will be available. The players with the highest scores (in the 25k region) are hitting the limit of what is available, and are now stuck with whatever is released in LS.

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Long term goals means no, you don’t get it rightnowimmediatelybecauseIwantitrightnowimmediately. They aren’t impossible to attain. It’s just gonna take time, and all those who want immediate gratification are just out of luck.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Labjax.2465

Long term goals means no, you don’t get it rightnowimmediatelybecauseIwantitrightnowimmediately. They aren’t impossible to attain. It’s just gonna take time, and all those who want immediate gratification are just out of luck.

Let’s just make one thing perfectly clear: Currently, a full set is impossible to obtain.

That is indisputable fact.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

There is another topic on the discussion here that has quite a few people posting in it

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Radiant-and-Hellfire-Armor-Skins/first

fellyn.5083

As someone with 25k+ AP I like the requirements as they are. Any change to it would make having a full set meaningless.
I am looking forward to reach 33/36k AP one day.

No it won’t. We’ve had this conversation before. Any change to it would not affect 99% of the people in the game.

There is so much wrong with your rationalizing the ap rewards as they are now it stopped being funny a while ago.

Yes they are impossible to get, and with how frequently they’re adding more ap to the game they will remain so for the next 2 years at least.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Malediktus.9250

Let’s just make one thing perfectly clear: Currently, a full set is impossible to obtain.

Game is only 2 years old. Many successful MMOs last 10+ years.

Labjax.2465

A) Citation needed.
B) The truth or falsity of your second statement doesn’t change that a full set is currently impossible to obtain.
D) There is no C. It isn’t obtainable yet.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

so there are no achievements that are repeatable?
and there will never be another achievment released?

it IS possible to obtain but just not imediatly and it was designed this way for a reason
a game without things to aim for loses players alot faster than a game that has things that are dificult to obtain

i mean i understand u want it now, so do i
but im really keen for that sense of acoplishment when i finally do get it

fellyn.5083

so there are no achievements that are repeatable?
and there will never be another achievment released?

it IS possible to obtain but just not imediatly and it was designed this way for a reason
a game without things to aim for loses players alot faster than a game that has things that are dificult to obtain

i mean i understand u want it now, so do i
but im really keen for that sense of acoplishment when i finally do get it

It wasn’t designed any specific way nor has anet ever said it’s meant to be a long term investment. It takes as long as it takes to get that amount of ap, some will do it faster, others slower, or not at all. And also those that weren’t here for season 1 living story will be handicapped by quite a large amount of ap that is impossible to get today.

They are simply in the order they and at the ap tiers they are because that is the order in which they were added to the game.

Malediktus.9250

A) Citation needed.
B) The truth or falsity of your second statement doesn’t change that a full set is currently impossible to obtain.
D) There is no C. It isn’t obtainable yet.

A) I dont feel like advertising other MMOs here by telling you which already exist for 10+ years. It just results in infraction points. Just google it.
B) Come back if its still impossible when GW2 stopped getting content updates. Not every item added to the game files is meant to be accessible immediatly.

fellyn.5083

They weren’t just added to the game files. They were added to the game. And no one is saying they need to be accessible immediately, just that they need to be accessible at all.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t mind having the Radiant/Hellfire skins being AP-exclusive, but I DO think that we should be allowed to pick all pieces of a particular set before choosing the next. If I love the Radiant set, but hate the Hellfire set, why should I be forced to get the Hellfire pieces first before completing my Radiant set? That just makes no sense.

Labjax.2465

A) I dont feel like advertising other MMOs here by telling you which already exist for 10+ years. It just results in infraction points. Just google it.
B) Come back if its still impossible when GW2 stopped getting content updates. Not every item added to the game files is meant to be accessible immediatly.

Nice excuse for not backing up your point. I gotta give you some credit for cleverness on that one. Still, I don’t see why you would get infracted for naming other MMOs. I have done so on several occasions myself and never heard a peep about it.

At any rate, your claim is that “many successful MMOs last 10+ years.” Previously, I set aside the fact that the word “successful” is entirely subjective, but since you dodged my request for you to cite your claim, I have to call you on the structure of it. When it comes down to it, your claim is kind of like saying, “Many successful presidents last more than one term,” with “successful” having the made-up definition meaning “a president who is popular enough to last more than one term.”

It’s a circular sort of claim. “They are successful.” Why are they successful? “Because they lasted 10+ years.” Why did they last 10+ years? “Because they are successful, of course.”

But I’ll give you some credit and pretend that you have an iron-clad argument for why GW2 is a “successful” MMO and is going to “last 10+ years.” With that pretending in mind, you seem to think that Anet’s ability to create content for achievement hunters has dried up and that if access to a full set becomes at all more accessible, achievement hunters will somehow run out of goals to reach for. (I take it that’s not far from what you’re arguing?)

I’ll assume it’s close at least. There are some glaring problems with the logic of it.
1) Anet can produce more content for achievement hunters. To think they are so poor at producing content that they need to rest on their laurels and stretch out two sets of armor for a potential 10+ years of content is kind of insulting to their capability when you really stop and think about it.
2) Some people aren’t even asking for the pieces as a whole to become more accessible. Merely for the choices of what/when you get pieces to be more friendly to player preference. Particularly in regards to choosing one set over another to complete first.

But let’s keep the motives clear here. You have made it pretty clear that whatever arguments you make concerning this are because you want exclusive status on the armor set when you finally get it (that’s some crazed planning ahead, but we’ll go with it).

And my motives are something like: I think it’s extremely silly that we’re nowhere near a single full set of these armors being accessible to even one player at the very top of the achievement totem pole. And I feel the design of making you go through both sets to get one complete is a sloppy remnant of slow implementation that would probably have been examined already (who knows, maybe it has) were it not for the numerous other more pressing issues that they’re dealing with.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

And my motives are something like: I think it’s extremely silly that we’re nowhere near a single full set of these armors being accessible to even one player at the very top of the achievement totem pole. And I feel the design of making you go through both sets to get one complete is a sloppy remnant of slow implementation that would probably have been examined already (who knows, maybe it has) were it not for the numerous other more pressing issues that they’re dealing with.

Would the same argument be occurring if the only reward involved was a title?

I began GW1 over a year after it’s launch. It took me a full year to reach the first tier of GWAMM. Getting any more max titles seemed so impossibly far off I pretty much wrote them off. It surprised me, later on, how fast I ended up earning the additional titles to reach the tier I have today.

My point is that more content will come. ArenaNet seem to have learned their lesson about temporary content, meaning all this new LS is permanent, and the achievement points will be there to be gained ad infinitum. I think you underestimate how quickly AP will end up being gained, even by casual players. If players cannot get past the “I want it now” train of thought, perhaps they should go off for a couple of years, come back when most players are on 45k AP, and scoop up all the new achievement points then. The problem is, there will just be a new tier of rewards which will undoubtedly annoy them even more!

I’m not so much “pro-exclusivity” as I am “pro-marker of achievement”. A title is nice and all, but that feeling of finally earning your first full set of Radiant/Hellfire gear and walking around LA in it for a day will be supreme. After that it can be consigned to the Wardrobe as those skins are not particularly my taste anyway.

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

I’m all for hard to get, Long-term AP commitment armor skins, but I feel like it shouldn’t be the radiant/hellfire sets.
It feels poorly planned to have the gloves, shoulders and helmet unlocked very early, then get to pick the second set, then after a huge gap continue to collect the rest of the set.

Imo, the radiant/hellfire sets should have their Rewards threshholds rearranged (without removing it from those that already receive it).
Make it something like, you need 20-24k AP to have both complete sets.
Then after 25k Introduce a new set and the Pinnacle Weapon skins.
It would be better designed and feel more exclusive for Commited players, since they’re not receiving remainder pieces of armor, but beginning actual new sets that other people may not receive.
I’m just saying, Grinding AP just to get a chest piece a year or so from now isn’t very exciting.

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Im an achievement scrub too but honestly after i get the 2nd pair of boots at 24k….i wont even care about the rest of the armor pieces…i find the chest and legs on BOTH Hellfire and Radiant armor to be UGLY….ok you get to be more original if you wear them as less people will be able to get that far… but honestly i was expectign them to be as good looking as the first 4 pieces….but dmn the design on the chest and legs was jsut bad……sigh…

TL;DR hellfire and radiant chest and leg armor – badly designed anyway, sure its original, but they look so whack id rather wear dungeon or t3 armors than those chest and legs.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

fellyn.5083

Would the same argument be occurring if the only reward involved was a title?

I began GW1 over a year after it’s launch. It took me a full year to reach the first tier of GWAMM. Getting any more max titles seemed so impossibly far off I pretty much wrote them off. It surprised me, later on, how fast I ended up earning the additional titles to reach the tier I have today.

My point is that more content will come. ArenaNet seem to have learned their lesson about temporary content, meaning all this new LS is permanent, and the achievement points will be there to be gained ad infinitum. I think you underestimate how quickly AP will end up being gained, even by casual players. If players cannot get past the “I want it now” train of thought, perhaps they should go off for a couple of years, come back when most players are on 45k AP, and scoop up all the new achievement points then. The problem is, there will just be a new tier of rewards which will undoubtedly annoy them even more!

I’m not so much “pro-exclusivity” as I am “pro-marker of achievement”. A title is nice and all, but that feeling of finally earning your first full set of Radiant/Hellfire gear and walking around LA in it for a day will be supreme. After that it can be consigned to the Wardrobe as those skins are not particularly my taste anyway.

You need to re-examine your argument, or at least read what people are talking about. No one is asking for it right now. They’re simply asking for it to reorganized in an order that makes sense.

You also have to realize that there is an entire year and a half of ap new players cannot get ever again that all the people at the top of the ap leaderboards got. Which puts these sets even further out of reach for new players. And not only that but new achievements on average are giving less ap as well.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Imagine getting to that point eventually and being one of the first to be able to wear it. It’ll be pretty exclusive for a long while.

Personally I don’t care. I find both hellfire and radiant armor pieces to look abysmal and simply picked one because I had to. Never used them and never will.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

AP’s aren’t truly linked to being a veteran or not, I know a lot of people who have been playing since beta and have yet to reach 10k.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think a scavenger hunt type quest (like some of the recent backpieces) for the Legs and or Chest that opens up once you obtain the Boots of a set wouldn’t be a horrible idea.

Maybe only allow ONE set to be obtained like that (and the other would require to current AP levels). I can’t blame them for having some insane reward incentive to keep AP “enthusiasts” in the game….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

fellyn.5083

I think a scavenger hunt type quest (like some of the recent backpieces) for the Legs and or Chest that opens up once you obtain the Boots of a set wouldn’t be a horrible idea.

Maybe only allow ONE set to be obtained like that (and the other would require to current AP levels). I can’t blame them for having some insane reward incentive to keep AP “enthusiasts” in the game….

That’s all good and well but the only reason they are in the order they are in is because that is the order in which they were added to the game.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Id rather a choice to get a black lion scrap than these pieces anyway, itd help people who dont like those skins (which are pretty ugly looking), and give casual players more incentive to play more.

Just because the .01% of the population that farms ap can appreciate a goal set over 3 years (more like 5-6 for casual players) it doesnt mean that the rest of the playerbase can too. And for a game where one of the biggest complaints is lack of content, putting something big behind a 5 year long timegate isnt a great way to retain players.

But hey, who cares about player retention, as long as ap hunters can feel exclusive then this game can be written off as a major success.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

for 7500 more AP
the top leaderboard guy would need at least 2 years time
and that only if arenanet keeps on adding AP in the same amount like so far
(they added ~5000 AP through all living story / special events / new Achievements in the past 2 years and 2 months)

because he did all other permanent achievements
and he hit the daily cap of 10.000 AP
he can only get AP through new living story/events and monthly (~2400 left from monthly)

for all other players who missed out on content they will need another 3-4 years i guess (5-6 years total gw2 time) until they get the first full set

so atm this is set is really only for the most hardcore players who are dedicated to AP farming
All hardcore players who dedicated themselves to a certain game mode (only wvw/pvp) and became the best there are screwed over though

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’m getting pretty close to capping out dailies and realistic permanent achievements.

I don’t need the radiant armor set right away, but I’m going to miss getting the big chests every month or so. When you get all of the trophies in a PS2 game, what motivates you to keep playing, or do you just put it down?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Just have any piece of either set obtainable at any point any piece is obtainable currently.

E.g., at 3k point, you have 12 options, not 2.

You would still need at least 18k to get a complete set. And 36k for both.

And for the Pinnacle weapons, have the Pinnacle skin obtainable after you have obtained the respective Zenith skin.

E.g., if you pick Zenith Dagger at 1k, you can pick any other Zenith and just Pinnacle Dagger at 2k.

You’ll still need the same amount to get all Zenith and Pinnacle weapons, but allows players to get the skins they want first.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Malediktus.9250

Stupid idea, people would choose the best parts first, such as body and legs.
Also your idea would make pinnacle weapons totally meaningless.

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

lol, people who farmed easy AP from LS1 are all like “the requirements are OK”

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They shot themselves in the foot by not having the full sets ready to go when they first rolled out the achievements. If they had, the absolute best way to have handled it would have been a simple “1 piece per milestone until you have a full set” approach and only required 18000 AP, which, while high, is still reasonable in terms of being a long-term goal.

But because they only added the other pieces later on and some people had reached most of the previous milestones already, they needed to go with the rather silly milestones they have now, where you get 2 full sets of shoulders/gloves/helms before getting anything else. Just to be fair to those few who had reached those points already and would have missed out on a chance to get other pieces (for example, if someone had reached 15,000 before they added the other pieces, they would have missed out a chance to get the boots and leggings while instead getting a second helm / gloves / shoulder).

As for an alternate method… I can’t say I’d be onboard with that, honestly. As ludicrous as the requirements for a full set are, adding another method would only make eventually getting to those benchmarks completely pointless. So you grind out the leggings and chestpiece via whatever alternate method they devise, then 5 years down the line when you do hit those milestones for AP you get what? An item you already have? Something else entirely making it pure advantage to grind it out in advance because by doing that you get an exclusive item the people who just do the AP don’t get?

(edited by Electro.4173)

Malediktus.9250

You shouldnt be jelous at people who are in Top 25 of achievement points. They spent huge opportunity costs and thousands of hours to get there. I would easily have 1 million gold if I spent all that time playing the trading post instead of trying to go for these achievements.
I feel anyone who dedicates these 1000s of hours on achievements deserves any reward Anet wants to offer us.

Konig Des Todes.2086

Stupid idea, people would choose the best parts first, such as body and legs.
Also your idea would make pinnacle weapons totally meaningless.

If that’s what they want, then why not?

Oh, I’m sorry, you want to have your kitten a mile long. So of course only things you can get should be allowed.

Right.

I farmed AP throughout most of LS1 – only really missing stuff for when I was out of town (Secret of Southsun, Twilight Assault, The Origins of Madness) and SAB:RtS and A Very Merry Wintersday as I was burned out at those points.

I do not like these requirements.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Vikkela.7261

You shouldnt be jelous at people who are in Top 25 of achievement points. They spent huge opportunity costs and thousands of hours to get there. I would easily have 1 million gold if I spent all that time playing the trading post instead of trying to go for these achievements.
I feel anyone who dedicates these 1000s of hours on achievements deserves any reward Anet wants to offer us.

top kek sounds like someone is a bit full of himself

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I’d keep them AP exclusive, but I’m also of the same mind that they need to lower the overall AP required to have the ability to have the full sets.

It has taken 2 years for the hardcore to get to around 25k. Add in that ANet has been hit hard by the community when they made some very poor decisions that got them in the “headlines” that garnered poor publicity within those 2 years. It is time for ANet to have a realistic view on some things here. Some might get the full sets by this time next year, but if ANet keeps making poor decisions that gets them bad publicity, many will never get these sets because GW2 will have shut down.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Malediktus.9250

top kek sounds like someone is a bit full of himself

and you sound like a jelous person who begrudges people well deserved rewards. These rewards are already really tiny considering it takes many thousands of hours to get there. A year has 8760 hours. Thats not enough to get 30k+ points.
So you begrudge people who dedicated insane amounts of times to get a tiny selection of rewards. Because lets face it, adding these achievement rewards took anet way way less man hours than it will take a single person to even reach 20k AP.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

3 to 4 years of playing nearly every day to get a full set.

And by doing what ? By hunting AP through the terrible system Anet designed where the number of AP you get do not reflecting the difficulty or anything. Just some random number someone at ANet thought it would be fine.

If it wasn’t as stupid it would be something interesting (3 AP for getting all the weapon and armor skin from a dungeon versus opening 3 locked chests in dry top….) but right now it makes GWAMM seem pretty tame.

Vikkela.7261

and you sound like a jelous person who begrudges people well deserved rewards. These rewards are already really tiny considering it takes many thousands of hours to get there. A year has 8760 hours. Thats not enough to get 30k+ points.
So you begrudge people who dedicated insane amounts of times to get a tiny selection of rewards. Because lets face it, adding these achievement rewards took anet way way less man hours than it will take a single person to even reach 20k AP.

what you fail to understand is that you have an unfair advantage towards getting that AP simply because you started earlier when AP farming was easier
you are unable to see it from the eyes of a beginning player who simply can not get any of that AP you got from LS1 and other historical content, it has been removed from the game and while new content is coming out it has less AP with it

and by the means, drop that “you being jealous”-repeating, what i am being is fair. remove the AP from LS1 and other historical content from your account only you have access to, to place you on the same line as everyone else and i am fine with keeping the required AP at 40k or whatever it is now

9 Guardians later…

Malediktus.9250

Yes, GWAMM was much easier, took me about 1000 hours going for 50/50 at the same time.

Malediktus.9250

what you fail to understand is that you have an unfair advantage towards getting that AP simply because you started earlier when AP farming was easier
you are unable to see it from the eyes of a beginning player who simply can not get any of that AP you got from LS1 and other historical content, it has been removed from the game and while new content is coming out it has less AP with it

and by the means, drop that “you being jealous”-repeating, what i am being is fair. remove the AP from LS1 and other historical content from your account only you have access to, to place you on the same line as everyone else and i am fine with keeping the required AP at 40k or whatever it is now

Obviously I am not fine with loosing any AP. I spent time and effort on it. I am also not fine with you calling it AP farming. The S1 achievements were mostly harder and more time consuming than this snoozefest called S2.
Not my fault if people missed part of the living world.

Vikkela.7261

The LS1 achievement were time consuming? Surely didn’t feel like that when I was doing them

9 Guardians later…

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yes, talking to an NPC or doing an instance once is very hard and time consuming compared to S2 achievements that require you to do the instance a second time.

The only hard achievements in S1 were the very very few that required you to do a specific task amongst many, required other people not screwing up on top of you not screwing up, or repeating something a dozen times (the last being only on holidays for the most part).

They were hardly time consuming.

Finding all the lost coins in Dry Top with a guide takes more effort than almost all S1 achievements.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)