Hello, got quick question about Thief

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iceman.9074

Iceman.9074

Didnt feel like leveling another character so did the level jump to 80 with a Thief. My Question is this: I mainly want to play Staff and Rifle with him. I know I will not have access to the Rifle till expansion hits but would love to use my staff now but I do not have access to it. I have to get 30 points in specialization before I can open it, is there a faster way to do this. I should have just leveled him myself lol?

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Just go into verdant brink and do 3 hero challenges; they grant 10 points each.

Also, sorry to break the news to you, but you will never be able to use staff + rifle on thief. You can only have 1 elite spec at a time, and the elite specs grant you the ability to use their weapons.

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

you cannot play staff and rifle at the same time

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Look for “Hero point farm/train” on lfg to get hlep doing the harder ones

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

Until you get a good chunk of the daredevil unlocked, I’d recommend trying to settle on something else you like (sword, dagger, pistol, etc.). Since (as others have said) you can’t use both rifle and staff, you’ll need to have something else for your alternate weapons anyway. Now is the time to learn what you like. I’d recommend experimenting with both melee and ranged options for whichever elite spec you end up sticking with.

IMO, elite specs aren’t worth USING until you’re nearly done unlocking them. Better to use a fully unlocked basic spec.

(edited by JackOfAllGames.2409)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Until you get a good chunk of the daredevil unlocked, I’d recommend trying to settle on something else you like (sword, dagger, pistol, etc.). Since (as others have said) you can’t use both rifle and staff, you’ll need to have something else for your alternate weapons anyway.

isn’t that exactly the problem here, you can’t use a weapon combo from elite specs while you should.
just imagine if all weapons were like that, it would be a really boring game to play.

IMO, elite specs aren’t worth USING until you’re nearly done unlocking them. Better to use a fully unlocked basic spec.

not true, my reaper isn’t completely unlocked yet i do better then some profs do with full unlocks. (sadly)

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

I leveled every class, got elites for them in HoT. Thief was one of the easier to get elites for because of the stealth abilities, got past a lot of mobs. Join or follow a group that’s doing HP’s and it should be easy. Some points I had to look up a guide for help getting to them. I would also follow a group when I came across one for awhile.