Posted by: pareod.2635

pareod.2635

Current Characters:
- Charr Engineer
- Human Warrior
- Asura Guardian
- Norn Mesmer
- Sylvari Thief

Now a character I usually create in most games nowadays is a human named Seif. I’m between Revenant and Ranger for Seif.

Choose races for these classes:
- Ranger
- Revenant
- Elementalist
- Necromancer

Help Me Plan My Race/Classes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I think whatever is your preference at the end of the day. You will be the one looking at it for hours and hours.! I have only ever played Human in GW2, but my last four characters I have created have been Asura as I love seeing them when I’m playing so I thought I’d have a go. I’m not fond of the Charr, and I made one Sylvari and deleted as it looked hideous, but it really is a personal thing. I do like the idea of contradicting races though, for example a Engineering Sylvari, Ranger Asura. You can always create and delete, just make sure you don’t delete any worthwhile items!

Anx

Posted by: Arkenbon.7301

Arkenbon.7301

-Make Seif your ranger (you already have a heavy armor human character)
-Charr revenant (you need another charr!)
-Sylvari elementalist (sylvari can be quite colorful adding to the effects of the elementalist)
-Asuran necromancer (you can make a very wicked looking asura to match the necro)

My choices are based on personal preference for the races appearances in the armor types. Another suggestion is to make the new characters the opposite gender to the ones you already have.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Tengu. That is all.

Posted by: Kury.8210

Kury.8210

Of course whatever strikes your fancy is best. Arkenbon gave some very good combinations of classes that suit the race. If you want oddball but cool, here’s my list:

-Asura revenant: Maybe not because you already have a heavy armor Asura. However, trying on the revenant gear a guildy linked didn’t look too bad.

-Charr elementalist: This is definitely counter to lore. The flame legion and their shamans are the bad guys. Still… big fluffy magical cats. Charr also make cool necro and they aren’t too out of place either. Charr and Ash Legion both approve of all the dark and death stuff, despite the magic.

-Sylvari Necro: With all the glow and color shades it’s pretty easy to make a cool looking evil plant. Just don’t make him look like a certain Pact Marshall. After nine characters you will have had more than enough of him.

-Ranger I’m split on. Sylvari/Norn/humans can all make it look very natural. Charr and Asura… Mostly seems to have the oddball without the cool (imo). Guess Asura is kind of funny when your pet is often bigger than you.

-As for Seif, sounds like you should find out which class is your favorite and reroll it to him.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Asura Necro for +confusion into your condi rotation. My largest regret after making a condi necro was making it human. (but she is too pretty to reboot)

Norn Ranger for animal forms, stealth, lore, etc.

Sylvari Ele for the healing seed and invuln elite. Ele’s are squishy, Sylvari are less so.

Charr Revenant, seems like they will benefit from battle roar, fits into the lore, plus charr in anything but heavy armor just look silly.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I am going Norn or Charr on my Revenant. Very heavy metal vibe

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Charr everything.

And/Or Tengu.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I used 4 criteria to make my chars.
1- Profession. I’m not an alt collector, so I decided i will only make 1 character for each profession. Right now, they are planned to be 9.
2&3- Race and sex. I think variety is better than monotony, so I decided to make 2 characters with different sex for each race. The total is 10, but I’m waiting fo a new proffesion to be added later, so it doesn’t matter right now.
4- Armor Type. Since heavy, medium and light armor looks different depending on sex and race, I don’t want to repear armor types for my character if I can avoid it, and hope to have the armor type I like more in the race and sex character I like more. So I looked very carefully at how much the armor varies and try to avoid to repeat the same armor type for those races that use only male armor (there was a moment were both of my Charr chars were using light armor, and the variety was suffering, so I choose to change one of them into heavy).

Right now, my selection is:

1- Engie Asura Female
2- Ranger Norn Female
3- Thief Sylvari Male
4- Ele Charr Female
5- Necro Human Male
6- Guardian Asura Male
7- Sylvari Mesmer Female
8- Warrior Charr Male
9- Soon to be Revenant Human Female.

Norn Male have to wait because is the least interesting for me right now.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks