Help Scribes By Saving Chefs' Hands

Help Scribes By Saving Chefs' Hands

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

I am a Scribe, but this post is not about how insanely expensive it is to level scribing. This post is concerning a Chef problem – the insane amount of clicking required to make dyes to turn into pigment for my scribe to use.

Most unidentified dyes require farmed items and karma-purchased items to create. The produce purchased with karma is bought in bags of 25. Earlier today, I purchased 1600 black beans, so I could make white and black bags of pigment. That’s 64 clicks to purchase, and an additional 64 double-clicks to open the bags. With one click, I can make all 16 unidentified grey dyes. Another 16 double-clicks later, I have 16 dyes that I click on once each to salvage into bags of pigment. That is a lot of clicking for 26 white and 28 black bags of pigment.

Now, I admit I tend to do dyes in weekly batches, to give myself enough time to farm the items I need. I’m sure other scribe/chefs do the same thing. I went from karma merchant to karma merchant, buying 5600 items (224 bags of 25) in a single run today. That’s a kitten amount of clicking. Even if you do it piecemeal, and buy ingredients only when you need them, that still ends up being the same amount of clicking, just spread out a bit.

Ask any scribe how many Nutmeg Seeds they go through making brown bags of pigment, at a rate of 100 seeds per unidentified brown dye (which give 2-5 bags of pigment each).

I realize that when the bags of 25 produce were created, there wasn’t a huge demand for many of those items – just for chef leveling mostly – and certainly not a huge demand in such large quantities as seen now for Scribe use.

Please, Anet, consider making karma produce items available in larger bundles, either a bag of 100 or 250. Scribing is not going away, and the demand will only increase over time.

Thank you

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.