Help:What can i do now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vaisar.7345

Vaisar.7345

Q:

Okay.So i left Guild Wars 2 a few months ago,and noticed that now there is 3 Account types: Free, Core, & HoT. Where each account types are given different amount of access to the game.As i brought this game a few months before the expansion,i am a core player,and therefore i don’t have access to the new contents.I am quite clueless about what can i do in the game now.Can anyone suggest some ways which can help me enjoys the game?Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

You can do everything you could before.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Okay.So i left Guild Wars 2 a few months ago,and noticed that now there is 3 Account types: Free, Core, & HoT. Where each account types are given different amount of access to the game.As i brought this game a few months before the expansion,i am a core player,and therefore i don’t have access to the new contents.I am quite clueless about what can i do in the game now.Can anyone suggest some ways which can help me enjoys the game?Thanks in advance.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

The highlights:

• Free: 2 characters, 3 bag slots each, restricted zones until L35, mail & TP restrictions, no guild bank access, no login bonus, etc
  • “Core:* no restrictions in the original maps, no new maps, no masteries, no revenant, no elite specializations.
  • “HoT:* unlocks new maps, masteries, revenant, elites.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

F2P get the core (original gw2 that we all got when we bought it way back whenever) for free, with account restrictions on chat, trading post, and mail.
Core, is the same game we’ve always had, that we already paid for before the expansion pack was a thing. If you already had the regular gw2 game before you came back, nothing has changed in terms of access. (just whatever updates they made as they went along, that everybody got.

HoT is the expansion pack, that everyone who has it has paid a (often debated) competitively priced license fee to play. If you already had the original gw2, you purchase the expansion for new maps, content, and a new class (Revenent). I’m unsure if the new Elite Specializations (nee “Traits”) and or map masteries are just for HoT , or if everyone got them, regardless of HoT purchase.

If you are familiar with GW 1, it does not follow the same expansion structure as Factions or Nightfall, which were separate campaigns. HoT is an all end game content expansion, with the added bonus of a new class.|
I pre-purchased the basic expansion and I am not unhappy with the money spent…oh, and Raids. If you want to do Raids, you need HoT, because the Raid entrance is in the expansion maps.

Since Gw2 went F2P, they included the core game in the expansion package, so that anyone who is new to the game, when they purchase HoT, will have access to all content.

GW 2 continues to be a non-subscription based game, meaning you don’t need to purchase monthly licenses for access. You buy it once, and it’s yours to play as long as you follow the rules.

Depending on how long you’ve been gone, you may find yourself playing a drastically different game than what you started with. Lion’s Arch has gone through 2 (or more?) disasters and rebuilds, due to Living Story incidents. Hero Points, Skills, and Traits have had a major overhaul, and a bunch of new content added to the core game as a result.