Help a returning player choose a spec

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ikawoo.2509

Ikawoo.2509

Greetings Tyrians,

I’ve recently bought GW2: PoF and now I am trying to find a class to play as a main during the upcoming expansion. I had the chance to play briefly during the demo with most of the new elite specializations, but since I am somewhat of a returning player who’s been absent during the last few months, I couldn’t fully understanding how these specs are supposed to work.

Thus far I’ve been running around mostly as a Guardian and and an Elementalist as those two classes seem to fit my playstyle best – I like supporting other people with heals and boons.

I am more of a “hybrid type of player”, where I spend most of my in-game time in casual activities, but I also have these phases of “hardcore-ism” where I would farm fractals all day or raid with a guild in organized PvE. I also adore taking part in small to medium sized WvW group fights, but not that often.

With the new expansion on the horizon, I’d like to find a new class to play with and master as I am fed up with the ones I already have. I want to continue my supporting style but I don’t have the slightest idea which of the new elite specs (if any) in PoF are designed to fit that role.

I was hoping you guys could share your thoughts and insights and hopefully guide me to a informative decision, as I would hate wasting my level 80 boost mindlessly.

Cheers!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might want to wait until after launch, as the changes to the new Elite Specializations may not be known until then.

Good luck.

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

The guardians’ firebrand is really looking to be a great support class, and it’s new mechanic, tomes, are almost like the elementalists’ attunement swapping ability. If you’ve got 40 minutes to kill, here’s a video explaining it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdbbpJQZU70

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

I am in the same position as you. It has been rough figuring it out.

Necro/scourge was really fun to play, but I feel we are going to see them overwhelm wvw, which is what I am mainly interested in.

So, I want to counter that. My best guess is they will get rekt by deadeyes. So I’m leaning that way. I figure at worst I may have to play daredevil, which apparently is a really fun class.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

I work in a store and the worst thing is when customers are not sure what to buy and then go like “I don’t really know, I do everything”. I mean, we didn’t move a single bit in helping your decision.

I, for example, do casual PvE 100% on my own, I am a Thief/Daredevil and soon hopefully a Deadeye. But that is totally my personal choice. I don’t even play these classed to their limits, I put aesthetics above damage numbers.

Let’s face it: You gotta figure it out all by yourself

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”