Hero Moments

Hero Moments

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

A thread here made to share your Hero Moments, or the Hero Moments of others. What is a Hero Moment you ask?

The chips are down. Man after man has fallen. The end is nigh. Evil is on the verge of success, and all is lost.

But wait! Over the horizon a hero comes! Or the soldier finds a last breath of strength! Or fortune turns in just the right way! The music reaches a crecendo, and a Hero is born, succeeding in a way that just has you pumping your fist and shouting “YES!”

That is a Hero Moment.

So tell us. When have you come to the rescue? Performed a great event that awes those around? Or seen someone do something astounding, that has you rising out of your seat and cheering at the success they have to have?

And no, game-made events like killing Zhaitan do not count.

Hero Moments

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Twilight Arbor story: Kiting Brangoire’s army of spiders for 5 minutes while ever so slowly picking up the entire party whenever I had a chance to stop.

Nearly killed him with incidental damage I hit him with while passing by, too.

So basically:
Party wipes, nearly solo boss while slowly reviving the lot of them

Hero Moments

Chessrook.8643

Had a similar (although perhaps slightly less impressive) moment earlier today that inspired me to make the thread.

Ascalon Catacombs Explorable, fighting the Spider Queen.
Party nearly wipes, I’m the only one left, a warrior with a rifle. Somehow, I manage to dodge the spider’s fire and survive long enough to get the party back up, and we proceeded to finish the spider off.

Hero Moments

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

FotM, I was on my S/F Ele. We were on the Jade Maw part and the boss down to 20% when everyone but me died. I preceded to dodge through rapid fire death beams WHILE rezzing all my teamates, most of them needed a second/third rez because they couldn’t dodge like me.
We wound up back up, but my allies were sent to cower behind rocks while I solo tank/rez everyone else before continuing.

Hero Moments

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Battle in the Vaults, Plains of Ashford. I and 4 others are taking on Horace (the Horrible). Over the course of the battle, we slowly whittle down Horace’s health, but ROCKS! take their toll until it’s only me, an Asura Elementalist, left standing. Despite my best efforts, I get caught by a stray bolt when my endurance was empty and I get downed when Horace is down to just a sliver of health. Out of desperation, I start blasting Horace with Discharge Lightning… And I kill him.

Killing a Champion boss while downed, and then proceeding to res everybody else? HERO MOMENT.

Hero Moments

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Just today, my glass cannon Engineer 1v1’d the new Howling King and his flunkies after my party wiped with about 40% health left due to a particularly nasty scream combined with a sudden fire ring on top of them.

Hero Moments

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Team goes down to an ashym. Im running a zerker warrior with no defense outside of an endure pain. 25% of ashyms hp bar later and he whips out the greatsword. Im out of options besides running and running and running some more. Using my own greatsword abilities to outpace him and outdodge his fireballs I manage to waste 78 seconds, long enough for my warbanner to come back up. One veteran charr beatdown later and I get to rez everyone the slow way.

Also during a recent bounty mission we wound up with 2 of our 3 not being ones that we had been tracking. We waste a lot of time before I find sotzz chilling south of the tamini cave, and then it’s all down to where the good old deputy is. Less than 2 minutes on the clock and no time for a map wide search, I pull out my map, hit the waypoint, and bam, right on the money, good old deputy sitting not 15ft away, start it and tank long enough for the cavalry to arrive and finish up. This ones really more luck that skill, but it feels kitten good.

Hero Moments

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Human tutorial. Once I arrived on the scene, I rescued a ridiculous number of NPCs from Centaurs and sent the villagers to take refuge in the inn, despite the tutorial instructions not suggesting this action at all. I figured if they were going to call me the Hero of Shaemoor, I might as well earn it.

:p

Hero Moments

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Cant remember where it was. In a very snowy. frosty area. There is this place an event can be started where you have to fight a very angry Ice Imp type boss. You have to give an artifact to an NPC…so you may know what I’m talking about.

I had no idea what was about to happen and was looking around. Then….yeah

I was playing my guardian and saw the boss downing ppl and went in for the “sacrifice”. I say that because I don’t think I, or my class was better than those being downed. I thought I could draw it’s attention. I did just that…

For some reason, on this mob, I was able to do some damage, but also evade/heal it for a long period. Once I saw this, I played the kicker in an NFL game on a fake field goal. I ran around kiting the boss. Seemed like 10 minutes until it was dead by the other three or four players.

Never played the role of pinata before…but…

Hero Moments

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

Ah, old war stories! My favorite! Not so long ago, while doing active duty for Desolation [eu] on the Eternal battlegrounds I was partied up with a low-level warrior – the thinking being that my veteran status will have some positive effect on the young one.

While teaching her the basics of scouting and raiding caravans we came across 10+ hostiles that just took one of our camps. The natural response was to dial in for back up but we got informed that they are caught in another Zerg-clash and will try to reach us as soon as possible.

Unfortunately Grenth weren’t smiling on us that day and one of the hostiles spotted us and promptly they charged us. Unable to flee or use misdirection I charged headlong into the cloud of enemies, my trusty wing-woman by my side!

It was a grueling fight during which time the hostile NPC’s guarding the camp spawned, almost doubling the number of enemies we were facing! The warrior went down and my necromancer went crazy with rage! I crippled and blinded the enemy, dropping wells, marks and epidemics all over the place. I would have revenge for my fallen companion!

Slowly the enemies morale was being broken and instead of downing me when they could have – they fell back, trying to regroup and pickup their downed companions. It was at that triumphant moment that out of the blue another group of hostiles came in from behind me, catching me unprepared and I was downed where I stood – almost dead!

During those crucial final seconds as I saw my life ebbing away the Desolation company stormed in, chasing the enemy away and helping me up! That day I did not die, having kept the camp contested and teaching my young padawan that even two soldiers can make a difference when vastly outnumbered.

A hero is not defined by class or by equipment, but by skill and bravery.

/Salute Desolation [eu]

Sylvari for life. <3

Hero Moments

Chessrook.8643

Marvelous stories so far, keep it up! Looking forward to more!

Hero Moments

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

I felt like a hero when i acted as a bodyguard to my friend in WvWvW jump puzzle(im warrior and shes a thief), she just ran through while i killed two thiefs at once(one of them panicked at low hp and jumped to his death xD).

A warrior after that and another thief, i thought the last thief escaped when she entered the circle of stealth(cant remember name) i kept hammering the spot but it is only after what seemed like a lifetime she pops out of stealth while trying to heal herself on the ground. I finished her off.

Im not very good at pvp on my warrior yet, but i was very happy with myself during this sequence and felt like a ’’hero’’ :p

(edited by Gathslan.1870)

Hero Moments

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My hero moment was in one of the paths of CoE…I’m tempted to say Front door, but it might have been the teleporter. Project Alpha had pretty much decimated the group. It was nearly impossible to rez people because of all the AOE circles everywhere. We’re in a circular room and I’m running around on my mesmer, trying to stay out of circles.

The hardest thing about this boss is that he freezes people in a crystal and though they can’t react to it, he continues to cast AOE circles on the crystals. It’s up to others to break you out…while they’re trying to stay alive themselves and kill the boss.

Keep in mind this was before the recent nerf on Project Alpha’s health, and he was about halfway down when suddenly I was one of two people left alive, both of us fighting for our lives. I had blink and I had a staff, which would allow me to teleport out of his crystal if blink was still on cooldown. But I don’t love using the mesmer skill 2 on the staff, because it can also teleport you into a solid wall and that would be that.

Running around and around, it took me ages, rezzing people a bit each time I passed, until eventually four of us were up again (I couldn’t get the fifth because of the positioning).

We proceeded to down Project Alpha and finish the dungeon. Man that was nuts. I’m glad they nerfed him, even if I was able to do him before. lol

Hero Moments

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Being one of the last man standing in the Hunger Royal was pretty fun, or running away of a million branded in plains of ashford! good old times, good old times,…

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Hero Moments

Posted by: ArashiKai.2496

ArashiKai.2496

a while back i saw a group saying that they were running CoF3 and i thought id join in for my dungeon achievement/fun, even though itd be my first time. i politely inform everyone that this is my first time running the path and they respond that it too is their first times as well. we some trouble with few of the puzzles but we muddled through to the end boss. bear in mind, this was before they added the safety net for the lava.

one by one, each of our party members gets knocked into the lava with no endurance and blinks, and since the lava out damages rez healing, rezzing wasnt an option. eventually, i’m the only one left: a human elementalist wielding 2 daggers facing down the Flame Legion Tribune himself. he gets down to a sliver of health…………….and punts me into the lava!

BUT WAIT! i wasnt fortunate enough to slot Lightning Flash, so i flash to the first bit of dry land i find………………..and had no way of getting back up to the main arena and was too far from the main path up. suddenly i see the boss charge me from across the lava (IMMUNE TO ITS EFFECTS!) and in a desperate bid i pop my armor of earth and channel Churning Earth. it explodes and so does the boss! that fight sealed my love for the D/D ele.

Fear not me, but the Tempest that I am!

Hero Moments

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

To set the context for the story, I was playing my turret build Asura engineer. He is dressed in pirate gear dyed purple except for the white feather on the hat. My total kill count in WvWvW to date is 12, most of them from firing siege weapons into groups of enemys.

On my first excursion into the borderlands in WvWvW I was wandering around getting POIs and vistas. And of course getting killed by everything in sight, though actually a lot of them were stealthed. Realizing this wasn’t too much fun I decided to get one last POI, die, and WP back to LA. There is a supply camp to the south of the keep on the west edge of the map (in case you know the area). We held the keep and the enemy had the tower and supply camp. There were several of us outside the supply camp and a look at the camp showed a sea of red titles, lots of enemys in there.

Since it was time to die anyway I decide to get the POI and go back to PvE. I ran for the POI dropping turrets as I ran. I made it to the POI and got killed immediately, this much I expected. I now decided to count how many enemys were in the camp and at least provide some intel to my side. I start to look around and discover that everyone had followed me into the camp. After a bit, someone rezzes me and I move to the center of the camp and recast my turrets. The battle continued for a few minutes and we drove off the invaders. After it was over another player came up and bowed. I felt very much the inadvertent hero.

Hero Moments

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

More stories please! This is great entertainment.

Sylvari for life. <3

Hero Moments

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

I feel like pretty heroic every time I enter a dungeon and hear “you’re the only good thief I’ve seen”

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Hero Moments

Posted by: kangaroo.8753

kangaroo.8753

Yesterday, making a run in cof…i was with a party who almost wipe in seconds at last boss…was with my warrior fullzerk… We were alive in two, me and another who were in a downed state…so someone who got killed suggested to leave combat and regroup to remake it…i am stubborn. I hope the other ppl survive and i continue to dodge and hit and cure myself ignoring all the request to leave combat…fortunously the other ppl survive to the downed state, and run to ress all the 3 wich were killed meanwhile i keep the effigy occupied…results? I never die, he ress 3 ppl and we complete a dungeon. I feel immortal, considering i were in berserker armor against a champion alone and survive like 4,5 minutes xD

Hero Moments

Posted by: DragonFire.1587

DragonFire.1587

In regular world with a person who had happened to stop by (we were both D/D ele’s) we charged at a skill point and were immediately surrounded by spectral guards and wraiths. I use ring of fire to start off, switch to storm, kill 5 of them. Companion down, kill rest. Revive companion. All spawn again. Kill them all again. We both get skill point.