Hero Point icons

Hero Point icons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

I apologize if this has been discussed I looked but no luck finding a thread.

Today I noticed that the Hero points icons have changed a bit (only noticed it today but am not sure when they were updated). It looks like it applied to the HoT ones and I would assume future PoF ones as well. The unacquired HPs and the incomplete repeatable HPs look far too similar and without looking very closely are difficult to distinguish. I actually thought it was bugged when I went in AB and saw that despite having 8/11 HPs, most were incomplete. That is, until I noticed the icon in the corner suggesting they were repeatable.

I actually like that Anet is giving us a way to see which HPs we’ve received quest credit for each day, but I’d much prefer if that information did not make the HP look incomplete. Say, a checkmark over the repeatable symbol when it’s completed?

Attachments:

Hero Point icons

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The unacquired HPs and the incomplete repeatable HPs look far too similar and without looking very closely are difficult to distinguish.

It’s actually worse than that. Currently, in case of repeatable HPs, the icon for unacquired one and for acquired but not yet done today is the same icon. There’s no way to distinguish between those by just looking.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Hero Point icons

Posted by: Elvirais.5472

Elvirais.5472

I can never tell which ones I’ve already done and which ones I haven’t, the icons are way too similar. Never had that problem with the original skill points, those were easy to tell apart.

I play Guild Wars for WvWvW – Piken Square !
Marush Ifri, Noreena Gorun, Arsaname, Desra Ele…

Hero Point icons

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think you can mouse over the map completion UI and the ones not done will flash.

It’s still a bad design, of course, if you can’t tell by just looking.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Hero Point icons

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Would be really nice.

Hero Point icons

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I think you can mouse over the map completion UI and the ones not done will flash.

Played since launch, never knew this. Now I use it all the time.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Hero Point icons

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Played since launch, never knew this. Now I use it all the time.

I also played for at least a couple years before I found this out. Would be nice if GW2 had some hints or something.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Hero Point icons

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I have always moused over the HP icon on the map just to see if I have done. My eye site is not that great so I never take it for granted and just double check things like. With repeatable ones I now do it all the time as I may not want to repeat just get it the first time at the moment.