Hero Points

Hero Points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: skyman.6382

skyman.6382

I logged into the game for the first time in a while a few days ago and it told me about the hero points change and how it had automatically set my points to reflect my previous build. However this was not the case. I am playing as an engineer and on my previous build was trying to get crit chance, and bleed. So naturally I should have had points put into “Weapons” which entails those things BUT NO it decided to max out the inventions tree which is all based around team and self healing which I had nothing to do with. Now I am stuck with a useless level 30 Engineer and from what I have heard there is no way to respec so please tell me what I am supposed to do. I do not want to go out and scour the landscapes for 60 hero points to max out weapons when it should have been already.

Hero Points

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I have an engi, too. I got 3 Hero Points as a level up reward at 33, and I checked my next rewards when I hit 34. The level 35 rewards Hero Points as well. How many? I don’t know yet.

I sent the Support Team a message about my issue and to see if I can get my Hero Points returned to me—that is, any that I missed when leveling. I used an Experience Scroll to level my engi to level 20, and that was pre-patch. So, I think I lost a lot of Hero Points.

Strange thing is… from about level 25-33, I didn’t get any Hero Points as a level up reward. Mind you, I don’t know what level I was when the patch hit. I know I was below 30, though. At least by three levels.

Hero Points

skyman.6382

Well Idk if I want to even play anymore until they allow me to respec because my character is absolutely awful after the patch. all I can do he heal my friends better instead of deal dmg,

Hero Points

Posted by: MasterJediSoda.5926

MasterJediSoda.5926

You get hero points by leveling up as well – and you get those retroactively. You do not lose points for being level 30 at the time of the patch, or any other level. Otherwise, level 80 characters would be out completely, but they’ve all got enough to unlock everything the system didn’t already unlock.

Now, from what I hear, it sounds like some have ended up with a negative hero point balance – something about it unlocking things in the attempt to replicate your old build that doesn’t always work out like it should, and going further than you should be able to. You don’t need to run to hero challenges to build hero points up – just level up and you will start getting them (after, again from what I’ve gathered, you get past the negative balance).

Considering how easy it can be to level up, I’d suggest just doing that rather than making a new character, or try contacting support in the meantime. I don’t know if that’ll help, but it might be worth a shot. Just keep in mind that your character, in the long term, hasn’t been broken – just that until you level up or do enough challenges, it won’t have the traits you might want exactly. But it’ll still take less time to do that than to remake it completely.

Main: Mithren Lunalit, Mesmer
Member of Legion of Honour [XIII]
http://operationunion.enjin.com/

Hero Points

skyman.6382

Yeah well I have leveled up 3 times since the patch and I have not received any hero points from leveling

Hero Points

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Yeah well I have leveled up 3 times since the patch and I have not received any hero points from leveling

Check the training tab.

Hero Points

skyman.6382

Check the training tab.

I have checked it I have no points after leveling 3 times

Hero Points

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I deleted a L21 Ele and an L36 Warrior because I did not like being given choices and then having them taken away so people who couldn’t be bothered to think don’t have to.

Hero Points

simplesimon.2084

Check the training tab.

What level are you and how many hero challenges do you have complete?

How many points were spent by the system?

Hero Points

skyman.6382

Check the training tab.

Idk and the fact that this is so much of a problem is ridiculous as I am not the only one with this problem. Something needs to be done.

Hero Points

simplesimon.2084

Check the training tab.

Idk and the fact that this is so much of a problem is ridiculous as I am not the only one with this problem. Something needs to be done.

The reason I ask is maybe when they pre spent your hero points to unlock skills you had before the update they had to pull point you hadn’t earned yet which is why you didn’t get any the last couple lvl ups.