Hero menu AP and RANKS button

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NINJAWARRIOR.2376

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

Because allot players needs a goal for doing things, and allot wants to proof to others they have a nice rank or allot AP, and not all players wants to add some one in friends list to only see there AP, you can make such a button in Hero menu.

This button needs the possibility to click activate and click again for off.

When activated the player Achievement points will be showing above his head, and the ranks points under that, with a other color like purple or black.

You can also make a timer that it stops showing after 5 minutes and turn it self of, so it dont gets anoying.

This way also players who needs to showof or asked to proof there rank points or AP, can do it easy.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

/shrug

Just announce it in map chat if you want everyone to know and they are to lazy to friend you and you don’t want to type /rank. “Hi everyone. My name is Player X and I have 10,054 AP and Deer Rank in PvP!”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Nope, we don’t need this. Already have people asking for AP for dungeon runs. We don’t need it more prevalent. How about you find things worth earning in the game and go get them instead of racking up imaginary points that ultimately mean nothing.

But hey, if you have a ton of AP, run around with your radiant or hellfire armor.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Aren’t they adding Mastery Rank to your name tag with the expansion? I think that will be the new ‘achievement display’ you are suggesting.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Why not just tell them?

If they’re not willing to believe you they can add you as a friend to check or get over it and worry about something meaningful instead.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

You want Hero chat, just like in Lineage 2? At least over there when you saw a Hero with that glowing aura, it ment that player is pro in pvp and pve too. Here the AP is pointless, i’ve seen numerous time ppl with 18k and even 22k AP who didnt even knew the Shield of Avenger from Guardian its good in adition to Wall of Reflection at the first boss in CM Path 1. So nope for your idea.

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

Aren’t they adding Mastery Rank to your name tag with the expansion? I think that will be the new ‘achievement display’ you are suggesting.

I didnt know they was adding something like that?
But does that show it to others also?
And i was more talking about ranks for w vs w and forgot pvp, they can add pvp also to show with button of course.

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

You want Hero chat, just like in Lineage 2? At least over there when you saw a Hero with that glowing aura, it ment that player is pro in pvp and pve too. Here the AP is pointless, i’ve seen numerous time ppl with 18k and even 22k AP who didnt even knew the Shield of Avenger from Guardian its good in adition to Wall of Reflection at the first boss in CM Path 1. So nope for your idea.

I didnt ask for a hero chat?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didnt know they was adding something like that?
But does that show it to others also?
And i was more talking about ranks for w vs w and forgot pvp, they can add pvp also to show with button of course.

Yes.