Hero points respec available?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

Hi all

In case ANet wants us to grind hero points instead of offering an interesting (class specific) quest chain, I was wondering:

If you own HoT, will they allow us to respec?

If, for instance, I don’t like my current HoT elite spec, it would be great if I could retrieve the 250 HP used to unlock it.

In this case I can use them to unlock the character’s PoF elite spec.

I assume you can’t combine 2 elite specs so these 250 points would otherwise be wasted.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’m trying not going to speculate on how they’re going to treat HP’s. I’ll wait until the expac arrives and then wait a while before deciding to buy or not.

Having said that, a respec option sounds like a good idea. Unless the thinking is you do, in fact, need another 250 points to max a second elite.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

robertjan.2197

@Gaile Gray, would you have any input on the above.

As a casual player, the HoT hero point system was rather a time consuming issue for me. In case we again need hero points, allowing us to respec our HoT elite spec hero points to the PoF elite spec would be an amazing feature.

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

if this will ever be considered get ready to pay at least 2000 Gems for it

Posted by: Mogsterfortytwo.6712

Mogsterfortytwo.6712

Um I have 65 left over with nothing to spend them on and haven’t begun to do completion of hero points on HoT maps. Given most of those seem to be worth 10, I don’t have a problem with doing those events/communes/fights. Unless you don’t want to do fights. I’m one of those players who ‘does combat’ from time to time.

Having said that the mount masteries look to be more story driven and given we know there will be lore to support the new elite specs we may yet see something more organic.

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

I’d like such a system for twinks.

Playing through the desert the first time it really adds to the immersion that your character grows stronger as you go deeper into the desert.

But admittedly, on twinks it really turns into this grindfest. Maybe do it with the condition that you need to have 1 fully speced PoF Elite or something.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’d like such a system for twinks.

Playing through the desert the first time it really adds to the immersion that your character grows stronger as you go deeper into the desert.

But admittedly, on twinks it really turns into this grindfest. Maybe do it with the condition that you need to have 1 fully speced PoF Elite or something.

Twinks are already easy and fairly relatively inexpensive – if your main is adequately healed. At this time, you could probably twink an alt for 10g and probably not more than 20g

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

To be honest, I hope they decide to fill some of those skill-type gaps. That would force the skill lines to get re-valued and push a reassignment of skill points. I’ve got some characters that have wasted points in their HoT masteries, and I wouldn’t mind reclaiming them for the expansion.

I mean, it’s no big deal, just something I’d go “oh cool” about and jump right in.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

robertjan.2197

Anyone has an update on this? I know this weekend is the PoF beta weekend, but unfortunately we won’t be able to play elite specs.

As we have lvl 80 boosters now, I was wondering if ANet could allow us to use them to unlock both elite specs of a single class

(edited by robertjan.2197)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I saw somewhere that we might get a different system than doing a bunch of HPs to get an elite. It would be nice, I wanted to explore HOT the first time with the spec meant for it. Not my first experience be grinding HPs. People laugh that it was grinding but to an altoholic it is.

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

I saw somewhere that we might get a different system than doing a bunch of HPs to get an elite. It would be nice, I wanted to explore HOT the first time with the spec meant for it. Not my first experience be grinding HPs. People laugh that it was grinding but to an altoholic it is.

I love exploring also. When GW2 launched one of the things I did was go pet collecting with my Ranger. Yes, I got one shotted a lot by high level mobs but it was a lot of fun surviving until I made it to the next port and very rewarding taming in those high level areas. With HoT a lot of my explorations were greeted with closed gates that could only be opened in a specific way by doing specific content. Very frustrating.