Hero's point, does not show on world map.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bishop.7140

Bishop.7140

what is the point of this feature?

Everything shows on world map and mini map indicates the mission points for map completion. but hero’s points does not show up until you are close enough.

Thank you for this feature, im going to have a wonderful fun experienced looking for them while im running all over the place.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

It how it is for the Poi, the hearts, the waypoints, so I am confused what the problem is?

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I think he may be referring to the distance at which hero points show up? I know that hearts, vistas, PoIs, and waypoints show up on the map at pretty generous distances, but the new hero challenges seem to require you to be much closer than the old skill challenges.

For example I was mapping Timberline just the other day and I knew there was a hero challenge just west of Concordia, but noticed it didn’t show up on the map despite previous experience (world completion on 8 characters) telling me I should have been able to see it as soon as I was inside Concordia. I was only able to find it because I knew it was there already, for a new player (or a player with poor memory) it would be annoyingly hard to find.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There is an invisible hero point in the Fields of Ruin in the top right area where the harpies are. Even when you get right on top of it, you can’t see it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some Hero Challenges are bugged, and don’t show up when they should.

The new mouse-over function on the World Map will show them, no matter how far away.

Also, some find discovery entertaining.

Good luck.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

There is an invisible hero point in the Fields of Ruin in the top right area where the harpies are. Even when you get right on top of it, you can’t see it.

Even worse, it’s back in a narrow little area at the far end of the harpy-infested area. If you don’t already know where it is, you’d be very unlikely to stumble across it since there is nothing else of interest nearby to draw your attention to that semi-hidden little pocket. This has to be a nightmare for newer players taking their first toon through map completion.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Even worse, it’s back in a narrow little area at the far end of the harpy-infested area. If you don’t already know where it is, you’d be very unlikely to stumble across it since there is nothing else of interest nearby to draw your attention to that semi-hidden little pocket. This has to be a nightmare for newer players taking their first toon through map completion.

Yah. I was taking a new char through that area and doing map completion. The only reason I knew about it was from previous map completions. There were people asking in map chat about the hero points. Not just that one, though it’s the worse. Several are very hard to see as they don’t stand out from the surroundings and they completely disappear when you scroll outwards from the map. Even after I did the harpy one, it was still invisible.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.