Heroic Chest received

Heroic Chest received

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Did stress test. No closed beta portal. Got a chest with armor, boosters and mithril box, no influence letter

Tyvm ANet, for whatever reason you did this. (It was probably a bug, lol)

Edit: checked my new alt account. It didn’t get anything.

Edit: I also have Deluxe Edition

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

Yeah, me too. kinda forgot i had got one already and opened it for the primeval armor.. >>; thanks for it.

edit: someone mentioned this might be caused by the fact that they removed the Beta character slot.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I have loved this game ever since it started. There are very few things that could make me quit. This stuff comes close.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I was in beta stress test, my beta character has been removed and I received a single chest.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I got these items as well. The 2 heroic chests and the 4k influence tome. I participated in the first beta test. I have the collectors edition of the game as well. These items were not initially given out to collectors edition people but later added to those who bought the deluxe version several months later. Although considering people are receiving these items with regular accounts and not participating in the beta almost makes it sound like a bug especially since one of the ingame mails says to explore the world with a guild. It makes it sound like an intro to the game. Also I did not get a portal drop and my beta character and it’s slot have been removed as well.

Certified Gameaholic

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I have loved this game ever since it started. There are very few things that could make me quit. This stuff comes close.

free stuff makes you want to quit?

Heroic Chest received

SakuraJD.4720

they probably didnt get it

Heroic Chest received

Just a flesh wound.3589

Interesting some people got more than one chest. I already had two of the three armors. Maybe the game sends you only one in that case.

It makes me wonder if they aren’t planning to remove them from the gem store since they are sending out so many.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Heroic Chest received

SakuraJD.4720

Interesting some people got more than one chest.

I already had two of the three armors. Maybe the game sends you only one in that case.

doubtful. i had 0 armors, and i only got 1. seems to be a pure bug.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: werdernator.6105

werdernator.6105

may be based on how many characters you created during the stresstest.
guildie of mine deleted his revenant and created a mesmer afterwards, got 2 chests

Github | Werdes

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

guildie of mine deleted his revenant and created a mesmer afterwards, got 2 chests

Same

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Well that’s cool then cos I wasn’t in the test and I don’t have a portal stone, but yay I got me 1 Heroic chest and a letter of Influence… kinda blows that theory sky high I guess.

Personally I am thinking its either a bug or something to do with guilds in readiness for HoT.. but who really knows – ANET as ever don’t like to give out any kind of detail and prefer the…. “let em guess, conspire and blow bubbles out their ears”

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Well that’s cool then cos I wasn’t in the test and I don’t have a portal stone, but yay I got me 1 Heroic chest and a letter of Influence… kinda blows that theory sky high I guess.

Personally I am thinking its either a bug or something to do with guilds in readiness for HoT.. but who really knows – ANET as ever don’t like to give out any kind of detail and prefer the…. “let em guess, conspire and blow bubbles out their ears”

Well if bug was the answer, they might not have noticed it yet, and cant really expect them to give info before they even become aware of it :P

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Was it that you just didn’t do the stress test? Or that you actually didn’t even have the beta slot before? Either way, the 2 happened at the same time, they removed beta slots from all those that had been in it, and these chests were sent out. There are bugs at work here somehow.

But what we do know for sure at this time, is that at least many (if not nearly all) people that were in the stress test got the chest(s), and many people that got the chest(s) were in the stress test. There are not a lot so far that are indicating they weren’t in it, weren’t selected at all, and got the chest. We aren’t hearing of the opposite either, that people selected didn’t get it, however they would be less inclined to come here and find the thread until later when they find out they don’t have it.

Regardless, we are stuck waiting on Anet to officially state something.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I got a chest, and also noticed my beta character is gone when i logged into the character screen. Unfortunately i have all the 3 of the armor skins offered in the chest.

I got two chests in my email but no influence. Now that you mentioned it and I just checked, my Beta Character is now gone! So maybe it is a thanks for participating in the Stress Test Beta.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Maybe it’s a consolation prize for not landing a portal-to-the-beta stone in the Silverwastes?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Nebulis.8973

Nebulis.8973

I’ll just add that I was selected for the stress test, but couldn’t participate due to work. I did receive a chest.

Ranger ~ Gwenavin Silvarlsti
Warrior ~ Kahless Coldstone
Elementalist ~ Kira The Star Child | Server ~ FA

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Maybe it is some weird bug? No anet comments on this for hours.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Strange, I participated in the stress test, created three characters and played through the beta and didn’t receive and single chest.

Heroic Chest received

TheRandomGuy.7246

Strange, I participated in the stress test, created three characters and played through the beta and didn’t receive and single chest.

Hmmm… do you have deluxe edition? I asked few friends and only ones that had beta invite AND deluxe edition got this mails.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

Played in stress beta test, beta character slot now gone and tried playing for a beta key this weekend in The Silverwastes (no luck there)…no chest

Heroic Chest received

Tanith.5264

Maybe it is some weird bug? No anet comments on this for hours.

That’s what makes me think there’s a frantic meeting in progress as we speak:

“Okay, who did that?”

Gate of Madness server

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

3 accounts ,over 5K hours , 10 or 11 legendary crafted ( i don’t remember exactly ) , gems purchase yayadayayda blah blah you name it ..

No portal drop , no beta invite and no ‘’ free ’’ chest

I guess im not ‘’ Loyal ’’ enough

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Nebulis.8973

Nebulis.8973

I’ll just add that I was selected for the stress test, but couldn’t participate due to work. I did receive a chest.

I forgot to mention I do have Digital Deluxe edition/head start

Ranger ~ Gwenavin Silvarlsti
Warrior ~ Kahless Coldstone
Elementalist ~ Kira The Star Child | Server ~ FA

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: bomcat.5026

bomcat.5026

Could it be that the chest some recieved are linked to upgrades brought?
So someone with 1 deluxe upgrade brought got 1 chest now, etc?

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: enigma.4873

enigma.4873

The Heroic Chests were items given exclusively for paying (either cash or gems) for the upgrade of your account to the Deluxe or Heroic (not sure which atm) edition. While I could care less, I can understand I suppose that those who paid for this item are maybe going to be slightly irked.

“I don’t have any skeletons in my closet. I do however, have my own necropolis.”

Simply Vexed 80 Reaper / HOD / [CHEF/TAbS/BUTT]

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Hmmm… do you have deluxe edition? I asked few friends and only ones that had beta invite AND deluxe edition got this mails.

Yes, I do have the deluxe edition.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Officer in small guild, didn’t have the deluxe edition, have not bought gems recently, had the beta slot but forgot about it on the day and didn’t create a character, have not been farming for portal.

1 Heroic Chest but no influence letter.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Heroic Chest received

TheRandomGuy.7246

The Heroic Chests were items given exclusively for paying (either cash or gems) for the upgrade of your account to the Deluxe or Heroic (not sure which atm) edition. While I could care less, I can understand I suppose that those who paid for this item are maybe going to be slightly irked.

From what i saw so far only people who paid for heroic chest got it again.
[wild speculation]
I guess when they removed beta tag from the accounts it reapplied deluxe flag and we got double chests.
[/wild speculation]

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Clearly the only fair thing to do now is to unlock the three legacy armors for everyone.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Was it that you just didn’t do the stress test? Or that you actually didn’t even have the beta slot before? Either way, the 2 happened at the same time, they removed beta slots from all those that had been in it, and these chests were sent out. There are bugs at work here somehow.

But what we do know for sure at this time, is that at least many (if not nearly all) people that were in the stress test got the chest(s), and many people that got the chest(s) were in the stress test. There are not a lot so far that are indicating they weren’t in it, weren’t selected at all, and got the chest. We aren’t hearing of the opposite either, that people selected didn’t get it, however they would be less inclined to come here and find the thread until later when they find out they don’t have it.

Regardless, we are stuck waiting on Anet to officially state something.

Wasn’t in the stress test, and have’t put too much effort into getting a portal stone.. kinda like the idea of seeing HoT as a surprise this time round.
As for Beta slot yea I like many, many others have/had the Beta slot that is/was unusable and that may well be where this potential bug has originated from – tho a guildie never got anything.
This period of silence from ANET is definitely steering more towards a bug as they likely wouldn’t announce anything until they have identified a fix for it. If however it is genuine gift for some reason then they really should be saying something by now….. I guess time will tell so I am leaving mine unopened in the bank

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Of all my accounts, only my one in the beta stress test got this gift. I also bought a second “Deluxe upgrade” on this account during the 75% off sale. Just for the Heroic Armor since it wasn’t originally available on the deluxe accounts.

I’m just happy to get this “gift”. I’ve been about ready to punch the monitor after farming the Silverwaste for over 30 hours this week. This kind of evens the books a bit.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Just a thought, anyone here who has received the Chest and have the beta portal item?

I have a funny feeling that if you were in the last stress test you cant get the portal….

Heroic Chest received

Tanith.5264

Just a thought, anyone here who has received the Chest and have the beta portal item?

I have a funny feeling that if you were in the last stress test you cant get the portal….

Not sure, but I’m also wondering if the portal stone has dropped for anyone since these chests began appearing today. I didn’t think my mesmer’s extended stay in the Silverwastes was over until tomorrow…

Gate of Madness server

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: DontTouchMe.2416

DontTouchMe.2416

I was in the last stress test, a portal dropped for me, and I got a chest today.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It is not related to the portal stone, that much is ascertained from those who have gained the chest(s). I haven’t gained a portal and got 2 chests and 4k influence.

It is likely one of 3 things
1) Stress test related
2) a bug, possibly related to 1)
3) a belated anniversary gift, staggered out in the mail.

Im leaning towards 1) but even I think that would be unfair. Beta access was gift enough, but not everyone being able to obtain these really nice presents just for the roll of the dice, is not a fair option.

Hopefully Anet can clear this up…I am extremely surprised no mention has come from them despite posts n this reported all day across many subforums, including bugs.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think it is pretty clear it was a bug or they would have announced something on the website or forums by now. They seem to have issues at times with reward features. There was a bug for a while where some people that had their account recovered got the heroic chest. Then of course there is the infamous HoM bug.

As someone that paid real money for the gems to buy those skins available in the Heroic chest (yes I know it’s only one choice of skin) I’m kind of meh on the idea they are being handed out for free. I’ll live though.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Heroic Chest received

Lunacy Solacio.6514

If you had the beta slot you were in the stress test, whether you participated or not. That is the factor that most, if not all, have in common in receiving these things. Deluxe edition, etc., is irrelevant (for instance I only have the digital edition, not deluxe as I couldn’t justify it, from before the beta weekends)

I have not farmed for a portal stone because while I do want to see the changes, etc., I remember the beta weekend events and how that kinda ruined the early part of the game for me having done it so many times already by release, plus the subsequent nerfs to everything I actually enjoyed during beta and early release. Which leads to rev concerning me since I loved it like I used to love guardian… but that’s a different story.

So we await now for clarification >.<

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: FinnFerral.1374

FinnFerral.1374

So people who were fortunate to be chosen to be in the Beta stress tested also got rewarded with free stuff? I guess some people get all the luck.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

I’ ve beta slot n stresstest last time, portal, deluxe update by gem and got x2 heroic chest.

Heroic Chest received

Just a flesh wound.3589

So people who were fortunate to be chosen to be in the Beta stress tested also got rewarded with free stuff? I guess some people get all the luck.

There are people who reported they weren’t in the stress test and got the free stuff and people who were in the stress test and said they have not (yet at least) gotten free stuff.

Some people got one chest, some got 2, some got influence and some got a combination of chest and influence. I’m guessing it’s a bug.

ANet may give it to you.

Heroic Chest received

Lunacy Solacio.6514

There are people who reported they weren’t in the stress test and got the free stuff and people who were in the stress test and said they have not (yet at least) gotten free stuff.

Some people got one chest, some got 2, some got influence and some got a combination of chest and influence. I’m guessing it’s a bug.

Yes but a number of people that said they weren’t in it, had actually gotten the invite email and/or had the beta slot but either didn’t realize it, didn’t check, or chose not to actively participate. Definitely a bug involved though because apart from that nothing seems consistent really. Like why some got 1/2/3 chests and some a tome of influence, etc.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: aKIRA.7123

aKIRA.7123

I submitted an in game bug report referencing the threads here on the forum, hoping that someone there may forward the warning to anet. I hope we get clarification on this soon…

Azuna Hatsue | Sonya Hayashi
Jaunty Chaps [LAD]

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Not quite.

The Heroic Chest was added to both the standard and Digital Deluxe editions on the games 1st anniversary. Everyone who registered an account after that date or bought the Digital Deluxe upgrade after that date got one. Everyone who made/upgraded their account before did not (until now).

So only some people actually paid for it, by buying the upgrade to get it. Others (those who simply wanted the game and didn’t care about these items) essentially got it for free.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I got one Heroic chest too. No tomes or other items so far.

A few bits of data for various theories:

• I was in the last beta.
  • My beta character slot disappeared sometime today. I don’t know if both things happened together because I haven’t been online since early this morning.
  • I have not received a portal stone for the next one (yet).
  • I bought the digital-deluxe edition before launch.
  • I have never bought the digital deluxe upgrade and therefore have never received a heroic chest before.
  • I bought gems yesterday.
  • I haven’t done the GW1 anniversary quests. (I did log in, then decided I didn’t want any of the rewards.)

I did the same: created a revenant, played for a bit then deleted them and made a ranger and I only got 1 chest.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Got one as well. Did not buy the heroic or deluxe edition. Nor did I participate in the beta.
Just came back to the game after a six week break or thereabout. Anyway, thanks Anet!

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

No beta tests (either), DD (upgraded after purchase), guild leader, old account. No chests.

I won’t lie – I am not too keen on heroic chests falling out of the sky with no rhyme, reason or warning.

Now to see what ANet does about it.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Received:

1 4K Influence in a “Welcome to Tyria” mail.
2 Heroic Chests in a “Special Delivery” mail.

Factors:

Prepurchased vanilla CE. No subsequent account purchases or upgrades other than a belated GW1 purchase and linking of accounts.
Officer in smallish guild active since beta
GM of personal bank guild with one friend on the roster.
Purchased gems recently (to get Balth, Exemplar, spinny mad scientist logging axe of doom).
Participated in stress test, both sessions.
Have not found a portal yet.
Already own all three armor sets via early gem store purchases, though have not yet unlocked all skins from them.

Leaving items in the mail to make it easier for ANet to fix it if they weren’t supposed to be sent to me. Because HoM is still messed up for everyone thanks to the last goofed-up reward (not for me, I already got everything my 3 HoM points allow, but I feel sympathy for others) and I don’t want to be part of another such problem. Even though the 18 slot boxes would be nice

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Look, even the forum bug wants to get its bonus chest.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Just got this myself. One “Special Item Delivery” with a Heroic Chest (Contains boosters and a legacy suit of armor). One ""Welcome to Tyria" with a Letter of Influence (4000 influence).

I bought the basic game, then quite some time ago upgraded during a sale, and got the items back then.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.