Heroic Chest received

Heroic Chest received

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Well it’s almost 5:00 PM Anet office time and still no word on what’s going on. My guess it was a huge “Oops”. Now we will have to wait to see how they decide to explain it.

The weird thing is some people are reporting getting tomes of influence as well which isn’t included in the Heroic version heroic chest. I already paid gems to buy all those armor sets but I certainly would have liked to get an influence tome. I received nothing on both my accounts. LOL

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They are going to have to say, enjoy your gift as I expect too many have opened the chests, consumed the influence, to take it back now.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

Leaving items in the mail to make it easier for ANet to fix it if they weren’t supposed to be sent to me. Because HoM is still messed up for everyone thanks to the last goofed-up reward (not for me, I already got everything my 3 HoM points allow, but I feel sympathy for others) and I don’t want to be part of another such problem. Even though the 18 slot boxes would be nice

lol this made me laugh. I’m sure someone would appreciate the effort, but lets be honest, most of us have already used the items like me. I thought maybe it was some promotion or something I missed the announcement for. The only thing that could fix this is a roll back at this point to remove the item from everyone, and that would cause so much angst its not possible. Next option is just to give it to those who have not gotten it.

Hopefully for your sake they just don’t retract all the unopened emails and let the ones that were opened slide, you would miss out on a free gift lol

(edited by Vanive.3804)

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

They are going to have to say, enjoy your gift as I expect too many have opened the chests, consumed the influence, to take it back now.

Sure and also say, “Sorry for your luck” for the people that didn’t get anything.

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

How many of they people who got this, took the survey for the gw1 10 year thing?

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

How many of they people who got this, took the survey for the gw1 10 year thing?

I entered the contest and didn’t get anything. As far as I know that contest was for t-shirts and pens and not in game rewards.

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

yea but this could be a thanks for participating.

I did participate in the first beta, and I do have a portal, but it doesn’t seem like that’s the cause.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Didn’t get anything, have a digital deluxe version from launch.
Guess the terribad rng on this account strikes once again.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

yea but this could be a thanks for participating.

Well I participated and got no thanks.

I think it is pretty clear it is a bug of sorts. Here is what we know so far just from my scanning this thread and assuming all people posting were honest:

• Many people that participated in the Beta stress test got Heroic Chests
  • Some people that did not participate in the stress test got Heroic Chests
  • Some people got multiple chests
  • Some people also got Tomes of Influence which is part of the DD version and not the Heroic chest.
  • Some people that were in the beta stress test got nothing.
  • Anet sent hundreds of gems worth of items to people for reasons unknown.

So, I’m going to have to go with this was a bug and a big one at that.

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hopefully for your sake they just don’t retract all the unopened emails and let the ones that were opened slide, you would miss out on a free gift lol

I might be just slightly sad if it ended up like that. But I make it a point in life not to take what I shouldn’t have. If a cashier charges me too little or gives me too much change I point it out, and this is the same principle. My mailbox has room in it for the two mails. I can wait for ANet to say something about what’s going on before I collect a couple of 18 slot boxes and some more influence towards my personal gbank’s second tab.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Dev Post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Heroic-Edition-Items-Delivered-to-Beta-Participants

Edit: This explains why we received it, as thought. However, it does not explain the multiple chests and the fact some got the tome and others didn’t, etc.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

That doesn’t explain this if the people were honest:

Received chest wasn’t in beta:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Heroic-Chest-received/page/2#post5033104

Was in Beta didn’t receive chest:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Heroic-Chest-received/page/2#post5033196

And yes it doesn’t explain the Tomes issue or multiple chests. I’m usually on Anet’s side but with all the irregularities in rewards given I don’t buy their explanation. I think it is damage control given how late this announcement came out. Plus if true, how nice to not only win RNG getting selected for the stress test but to also get 100’s of gems worth of goodies even if you didn’t participate..

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: TinaH.3806

TinaH.3806

I got the Collector’s Edition and I got 2 of these chests plus the Letter of Influence. I already bought all 3 sets via armor store, so it’s more of the thought that counts if it isn’t a bug.

My DD and Heroic Accounts didn’t get anything. Only my Collectors was in the Revenant Beta.

(edited by TinaH.3806)

Heroic Chest received

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It does explain the first if people actually had been invited but didn’t participate, and that person stated they had the beta char slot but didn’t participate. Their account was still changed, and changed back per Dev post.

Other could be lost mail that does happen. and as said, the Tome issue isn’t cleared up either. I didn’t get the Tome of Influence, but another I did the beta with did. And doesn’t explain multiple chests.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

How does their explanation cover multiple chests by same account? Or the letters of influence? Why don’t they run batch job and upgrade all heroic editions to new SKU so people who have old SKU but no beta key would be equally benefiting?

Why are we being told this hours after it went in effect?

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

the Tome issue isn’t cleared up either. I didn’t get the Tome of Influence, but another I did the beta with did. And doesn’t explain multiple chests.

This another reason why I don’t buy the explanation. Especially given it came so late in the day after so much talk about it all day. Someone messed up and the news post is damage control IMO. I like how they slid it into the news forum that can’t be replied to instead of also discussing it in this on going thread as well.

I’d also like to know how many people that had the heroic version also got these rewards since it seems they had to upgrade accounts to it.

I’ll just leave this here among other reports
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Free-chest-for-people-who-got-a-portal-key/first#post5032667

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Heroic Chest received

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Mail notification might have ended in spam,or the person might have not been playing on that day

Already had Heroic Edition.

And yes it doesn’t explain the Tomes issue or multiple chests.

It’s possible multiple chests were for Collector’s edition, or people that bought digital deluxe in gemshop before heroic stuff update. This might be an actual bug as well.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Did stress test, no chest.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

It’s possible multiple chests were for Collector’s edition, or people that bought digital deluxe in gemshop before heroic stuff update. This might be an actual bug as well.

The influence was a collectors/deluxe reward, so people with them were most likely upgraded to `heroic` collectors, or `heroic` deluxe accordingly. There are probably different triggers, so two chests probably meant one from becoming `heroic` and one from becoming `heroic deluxe`

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

(edited by Kaz.5430)

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

Did stress test, no chest.

Did you already have the heroic edition or DD?

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

I wasn’t in stress test. but i purchased the physical CE.

I want the heroic edition stuff too

(the armors)

Rawr?

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

I wasn’t in stress test. but i purchased the physical CE.

I want the heroic edition stuff too

(the armors)

Chances are, that if you upgrade to HoT, you’ll end up upgraded to Heroic HoT

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Pretty annoyed. If I knew they would be giving this out I would have tried harder for a beta invite. The hell? It’s like promotions isn’t talking to the dev team and vise versa. Pretty annoying to be honest.

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

Pretty annoyed. If I knew they would be giving this out I would have tried harder for a beta invite. The hell? It’s like promotions isn’t talking to the dev team and vise versa. Pretty annoying to be honest.

I honestly don’t think they knew they were giving anything out based on the late announcement in the news forum and the seemingly inconsistent amount of rewards that were given to some people. I think it was discovered after the fact. Otherwise I think they would have announced it much earlier. Something like, “Hey thanks to all that participated in the beta stress test. Due to the way our SKUs work your accounts will be upgraded to the Heroic Edition and you will receive a mail with your rewards.”

Instead it was, surprise all day a bunch of people reported getting various rewards with various results and wanted answers so at the end of the day here is a post you can’t reply to or ask questions about.

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

This is for the stress test beta that happened several weeks ago. You couldn’t have done anything to try for an invite for that one.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Heroic Chest received

Just a flesh wound.3589

The way it’s phrased, it’s an unintentional effect of them removing the build that had the stress test beta access.

“A number of players who participated in our recent Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns closed beta stress test will notice when they next log in to the game that they have received in-game mails with items from the Guild Wars 2 “Heroic Edition.” This is due to the fact that the edition of the game (also known as the SKU) originally purchased by these players was discontinued. When we removed beta access from these accounts, rather than reinstate a SKU we no longer offer, the most viable option was to upgrade their game SKU to a “Heroic Edition.””

ANet may give it to you.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Which means they are doing something to get ready for the next Beta Test. Maybe, this indicates it will be sooner, rather than later. =)

It also definitively answers the question, ‘If I was in the last Beta, do I have to try for a Portal to get in the next?’ Thus, as many stated, ‘Yes, you do.’

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Wow! What a majorkittento the rest of the player base. Not only did we not get a chance to participate in the Beta (because it was random for signing up for a buggy newsletter), those that did also get extra rewards.

The way they dole out rewards has been kittening me off ever since the Karka disaster. A chosen few are rewarded and the rest get crap. When the people you know in game are running around with several legendaries and the best drop you ever got was worth 50g after playing since the early release, you start to feel like Anet just wants to kitten on certain players. Loyalty means nothing. You just have to be among the lucky few.

I will get infracted for this post, but it’s nothing compared to how rude Anet is to so many of its players pulling crap like this.

Heroic Chest received

DaShi.1368

Which means they are doing something to get ready for the next Beta Test. Maybe, this indicates it will be sooner, rather than later. =)

It also definitively answers the question, ‘If I was in the last Beta, do I have to try for a Portal to get in the next?’ Thus, as many stated, ‘Yes, you do.’

Great. So you have to play something you don’t want to do to get a chance to participate in a beta you have no interest in on the off chance you get a reward that you do want. Meanwhile, people who just signed up for a newsletter got it for doing little more than logging in.

Heroic Chest received

DaShi.1368

Some of us couldn’t even sign up for the newsletter to get a chance at the beta. I tried several times and it just didn’t work. I was kind of annoyed then. Afterward I saw that beta players got a free armor set if they played a revenant. Now they get a free heroic chest….

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

Wow! What a majorkittento the rest of the player base. Not only did we not get a chance to participate in the Beta (because it was random for signing up for a buggy newsletter), those that did also get extra rewards.

Yep, not very happy about this. It’s like RNG for people that go lucky to take part in the stress test and also receive 100’s of gems worth of stuff. People that didn’t even take part in the test but got their RNG invite still got the rewards. Heck some people got multiple chests and Tomes of Influence. So they got at least 500 gems worth of skins (the price of one legacy armor skin) and in some cases also got tomes that are part of the DD version. What a mess.

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe ANet should allow everyone one free Heroic chest off the gem store. I didn’t get anything I particularly wanted as I had already bought 2 armors before, but it is a several hundred gems worth of items. The people who got one today could be not allowed to get another.

ANet may give it to you.

Heroic Chest received

JustTrogdor.7892

Maybe ANet should allow everyone one free Heroic chest off the gem store. I didn’t get anything I particularly wanted as I had already bought 2 armors before, but it is a several hundred gems worth of items.

I paid 800 gems for all 3 armor sets before the base game became Heroic and when they were 800 gems a piece. I’m not too worried about it because I have used them for almost 2 years or so. But I agree if it is an SKU issue as described in the news post they should upgrade everyone that wasn’t part of the RNG newsletter stress test and had the base edition before it became the heroic edition. If it was an SKU issue as they described it only makes sense to upgrade everyone now before further beta tests that might cause the same issue. I’m still curious about the Tomes of Influence that some got as well as some reports of multiple chests. It doesn’t seem to add up and we are still here with questions with no answers from Anet.

The Burninator

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Some of us couldn’t even sign up for the newsletter to get a chance at the beta. I tried several times and it just didn’t work. I was kind of annoyed then. Afterward I saw that beta players got a free armor set if they played a revenant. Now they get a free heroic chest….

The revenant armor is a specific bug to a few people and I imagine they’ll have the skins taken away again before HoT launches, because that’s much easier to track and correct. Unless the skins will be dropping as much in HoT as the piratey medium ones do now anyway, in which case we’ll be drowning in those skins and someone having them a bit sooner will not mean a darn thing.

I said above I wasn’t opening the mailed items until ANet confirmed it was OK. Given the official post, I did open them. And stupidly unpacked them completely. I guess I needed to toss out those 16 stacks of dragonite ore anyway …

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

This explains why I got 2. I got 2 Heroic Chests and a Letter of Influence(4,000) because I originally owned the Collectors edition, then when the Heroic edition was on sale in the gem store, I got that as well just to get it out of there. I was tired of seeing it all the time as an upgrade when I owned the CE. I really hope this “bug” does not mess with the fact that I owned the CE just in case some day they make some special thing for it. It is a nice bug I guess, too bad I already have all of the armors unlocked.

Attachments:

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This explains why I got 2. I got 2 Heroic Chests and a Letter of Influence(4,000) because I originally owned the Collectors edition, then when the Heroic edition was on sale in the gem store, I got that as well just to get it out of there. I was tired of seeing it all the time as an upgrade when I owned the CE. I really hope this “bug” does not mess with the fact that I owned the CE just in case some day they make some special thing for it. It is a nice bug I guess, too bad I already have all of the armors unlocked.

Doesnt explain why I got 2 tho since i didnt buy heroic edition.

Its great they have finally communicated to us, although it is a shame an earlier update wasnt forthcoming to pre empt. Hopefully everyone will get a chst though, since it is unfair otherwise and i would be worried if Anet werent able to see that (although again, that should have been thought of earlier as well with a bit of forward thinking imo)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Baya.7283

Baya.7283

Am i allowed to be pretty kittened about this? The newsletter form bugged for me, so I wasn’t even able to enter the raffle for the beta tests. Now i get to hear that those who were lucky and got to participate get up to a 1000 gems worth of free stuff as a bonus.

back in my day you only got a three day headstart for betatesting!

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I am one of the people who started a previous thread…

I am personally a bit conflicted here; I have missed out on a lot…
I was a Beta Participant for the original release, but missed the actual release when it came out, so I missed the GW2 cap… Since this was my own fault, I had peace with it and laughed it off
Now though, the stress test for HoT came, and I got no invite – fine I figured, I saw enough footages of the starter area to not be as bothered by it…

But this leaves a bitter taste in my mouth… There was no way for me, and a lot of others, to participate in the stress test when it happened since it was a game of luck – again, I am fine with this concept – however, now we get this “fiasco”
This is not really that “Ok” for me since you are accidently giving away items that people otherwise would’ve paid for to the people who already got their fortune for participating within the stress test…

Accidents happen, sure, but this is not something I endourse, and looking at the infamous HoM bug, I sincerely hope these mistakes are not made again

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Am i allowed to be pretty kittened about this?

I think so. I mean both the last beta test and this upcoming one have been based on rng, this one excluding people who dont open world pve much. I think being in the beta is a pretty good reward on its own, oh well ill just sit in my corner being extremely jelly

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Well isnt that a slap in the face of all the people who really wanted in the beta but didnt get in…

infact wouldnt this be better sent to all the people who didnt get in as a consolation prize so to speak..

(edited by Ricky Da Man.5064)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Well, in that case, thanks a lot for the presents, Anet.

And to those who want to get upset over this: Keep in mind that this is not about the beta as such, but about old accounts making it into the beta. There is a good chance that these accounts already have the skins and plenty of xp raising stuff anyway.

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Wow! What a majorkittento the rest of the player base.

Why? Most of the players by now do not use the old obsoleted edition, and wouldn’t have gotten anything anyway. I expect that other old edition players will get updated eventually anyway. Most likely when they buy HoT. Or when the open beta rolls in.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Heroic Chest received

Baya.7283

Well, in that case, thanks a lot for the presents, Anet.

And to those who want to get upset over this: Keep in mind that this is not about the beta as such, but about old accounts making it into the beta. There is a good chance that these accounts already have the skins and plenty of xp raising stuff anyway.

In fact it is about the beta?
I can guarantee you there are a lot of those ‘old accounts’ (in fact your account didn’t even have to be old, you just had to have the luck to get picked for the beta) did not have these skins yet. I have been here since pre release and i can guarantee you none of these three skins are in my wardrobe.

That said, we’re not disappointed at you for getting those chests, and removing them right now is not something that’s still a possibility, so feel free to enjoy them. What people are angry about is the fact that the people who were already rewarded with being allowed to play the beta, are now rewarded again with chests because of a kittenup on arenanet’s behalf, while the rest of the playerbase is left out. Some people got up to a thousand gems of free stuff, and that is a lot. Especially since the people who bought the collector’s edition and digital deluxe editions at full price back in the day, who didn’t have the luck to be in the beta, did not get any of this.
So tell me, how is this even fair?

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well at least we know for sure that some accounts are luckier than others… Beta access and a crap ton of free stuff… yep i’m sure all accounts are equal….

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Uaon.6103

Uaon.6103

I participated in the HoT Beta and received nothing,whereas my friend received two chests. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heroic_Chest Given to players who had access to the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns closed beta stress test
I was there but got no heroic chests o.O
MY friend owns deluxe edition I own heroic soo what is said here is very confusing https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Heroic-Edition-Items-Delivered-to-Beta-Participants/first#post5033783

Okay so my friend just examined her account and shes been downgraded from deluxe to heroic edition wtf

(edited by Uaon.6103)

Heroic Chest received

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Oh look, one more thing everybody got for no reason and i got nothing!!

Heroic Chest received

Baya.7283

I participated in the HoT Beta and received nothing,whereas my friend received two chests. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heroic_Chest Given to players who had access to the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns closed beta stress test
I was there but got no heroic chests o.O
MY friend owns deluxe edition I own heroic soo what is said here is very confusing https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Heroic-Edition-Items-Delivered-to-Beta-Participants/first#post5033783

Okay so my friend just examined her account and shes been downgraded from deluxe to heroic edition wtf

What happened was that the profiles of certain accounts are no longer available. For example, now you automatically get a heroic edition account, but it was not always that way. From how i take it, the former deluxe and basic profiles no longer exist, so when they needed to revert accounts from “beta-access” back to their normal state they could not reassign those profiles, meaning people who previously had that basic or deluxe profile, now get assigned the updated heroic account type, and thus get the chests as a reward. Might be wrong, but i think that’s what they meant.
Since you already had a heroic account, you should have gotten that chest when you bought the account(or the upgrade), so your profile stayed the same and you did not get a new chest.