Heroic Chests for the Unlucky Ones Maybe???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

For those of us unlucky enough to not get an email for the 1st HoT beta test, perhaps we could get 2-6 Heroic Chests to make up for this? I doubled the amount that the 1st beta testers seem to be posting, since playing the beta is supposed to be its own reward…

Also, as an original owner of the Digital Deluxe version of GW2, I never received a Heroic Chest. I believe many of us are in the same boat. Perhaps both of these situations could be remedied. Thanks!

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Why?

Seems like a entitled mentality to believe that you should get into beta, or be compensated for not getting into beta.

I do agree however that those who got the DD version of GW2 should get the upgrade, but seems odd to request it because of not getting to a beta.

Hearte.6852

Ok, so why should the people who got into the beta be “compensated?” It’s seriously unfair to award those who were lucky enough to get into the beta with material rewards. This needs to be fixed.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

I bet my 10g it’s a bug.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

DID YOU EVEN READ WHY THEY GOT IT?

1.)Those players who got it had a SKU that was no longer available and instead of re adding it they just upgraded the players. However, they should have given it out to EVERY player who has an old account(Non heroic, so digital) so as to be fair about it.

2.) You could also say that they are being rewarded by ANET for taking time off to test something that they couldnt keep their progress in, couldnt do anything at all really but stay in this one little zone and do a few events.

3.) It does not need to be fixed as there isnt a problem. I didnt receive one. I own the heroic edition as well before they added in the bag, i dont care either. I got what i paid for at the time. Whats even better is that most of the people who got it already have all the armor that comes in that chest.

4.) Theres already a thread for this you should have posted it there.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Ok, so why should the people who got into the beta be “compensated?” It’s seriously unfair to award those who were lucky enough to get into the beta with material rewards. This needs to be fixed.

Because betas are used for testing, and beta testers use their time and effort to check issues for Anet.

Beta testing isn’t usually about whats fun or even about the content. Its usually boring and tedious stuff. This is why testers are sometimes compensated.

Its also a mentality issue. You see it as “unfair” because you didn’t get in, you see it as “unfair” because they get to see the new content. This is why marketing betas have made normal betas useless. People think they are entitled to them, and those who do get in them don’t actually test.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I didn’t get in to the first beta. I didn’t get a chest. People got things I did not. Life is hard.

If you live your life expecting to get all of the nice things that other people get- regardless of whether or not others deserve them or earned them- you are doomed to a miserable life of disappointment. And who is to say you won’t get something nice in the future that a bunch of other people do not?

Also, this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Heroic-Edition-Items-Delivered-to-Beta-Participants/first#post5033783

TL;DR:

Attachments:

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I was in the first beta and received no chest. Regina commented saying it was for people who bought some version of the game, STX or something, that is no longer purchasable, at least to my understanding.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Hearte.6852

I didn’t get in to the first beta. I didn’t get a chest. People got things I did not. Life is hard.

If you live your life expecting to get all of the nice things that other people get- regardless of whether or not others deserve them or earned them- you are doomed to a miserable life of disappointment. And who is to say you won’t get something nice in the future that a bunch of other people do not?

Also, this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Heroic-Edition-Items-Delivered-to-Beta-Participants/first#post5033783

TL;DR:

I’m a paying customer. I paid for the Digital Deluxe version of the game. If Digital Deluxe/Heroic is now pinned with the Heroic Chest, it should absolutely be awarded retroactively. That’s called good customer service. Yes, I am feeling entitled; I continue to pay for this product.

segman.3560

TL;DR:

I’m a paying customer. I paid for the Digital Deluxe version of the game. If Digital Deluxe/Heroic is now pinned with the Heroic Chest, it should absolutely be awarded retroactively. That’s called good customer service. Yes, I am feeling entitled; I continue to pay for this product.

If a company sells you a car in 2004 and in 2008 they’re making same model with additional rims, should you get those rims for free after 4 years?

It’s nice from anet to reward some of customers with additional items however this is nothing anyone should feel entitled to. You bought a game for the price and quality of at the fixed moment in time. They changed their offer however it’s not their obligation to refund anyone for this.

Hearte.6852

TL;DR:

If a company sells you a car in 2004 and in 2008 they’re making same model with additional rims, should you get those rims for free after 4 years?

It’s nice from anet to reward some of customers with additional items however this is nothing anyone should feel entitled to. You bought a game for the price and quality of at the fixed moment in time. They changed their offer however it’s not their obligation to refund anyone for this.

Not the best comparison. One is physical, the other is digital.

segman.3560

So what. Both are products. And GW2 can be bought on discs so it can be considered physical. You pay for the state of the product at the moment you bought it. Nothing is guaranteed for future updates. Double standards is not the best mindset.

Hearte.6852

As I said, it’s about good customer service, not doubly screwing over those who purchased Digital Deluxe too early and didn’t get into the 1st beta.

segman.3560

From what I’ve read at red post it’s more about a “must be” from anet’s point of view as they didn’t prepare their system to revoke account from beta to normal state. This is funny ^^

Dante.1763

From what I’ve read at red post it’s more about a “must be” from anet’s point of view as they didn’t prepare their system to revoke account from beta to normal state. This is funny ^^

Pretty much this.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So much entitlement.

And segman’s example above is pretty dead-on. It doesn’t matter if one example is a physical good and one is a digital good; it’s still the same scenario, based on a product bought by a consumer.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: ExtraCosmic.9082

ExtraCosmic.9082

The beta connection doesn’t seem real concrete anyway…I got a chest (and golem banker, for some reason), and I didn’t even try to get into the first HoT beta.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The beta connection doesn’t seem real concrete anyway…I got a chest (and golem banker, for some reason), and I didn’t even try to get into the first HoT beta.

Well, the official statement was that beta people were the ones who got the heroic chest(s). So, odds are you DID get into it and simply overlooked your invite email.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Seems the same to me. Which means, of course, that everyone else who still plays this game will get the same treatment by the time open beta rolls out.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ExtraCosmic.9082

ExtraCosmic.9082

Well, the official statement was that beta people were the ones who got the heroic chest(s). So, odds are you DID get into it and simply overlooked your invite email.

I never signed up for the newsletter that I vaguely recall was part of qualifying, but, who knows.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

It’s worse… I’ve heard it from people I know IRL that they got an invite to the beta, ignored it, and still got that chest.

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

It isn’t a reward for Beta, what has happened is that collectors edition accounts got flagged as ‘beta accounts’ by Arenanets system, and when it came time to turn off their Beta access, they discovered the previous version of their account type was no longer something Anet could flag kitten they became heroic edition owners instead.

Dante.1763

It isn’t a reward for Beta, what has happened is that collectors edition accounts got flagged as ‘beta accounts’ by Arenanets system, and when it came time to turn off their Beta access, they discovered the previous version of their account type was no longer something Anet could flag kitten they became heroic edition owners instead.

This and heres a link https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Heroic-Edition-Items-Delivered-to-Beta-Participants/first#post5033783

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

You do realize that the whole point of the heroic edition is to offer an incentive to new players who need to play catch-up with the existing player-base, right?

Also, as there is no subscription, you do not “continue to pay for this product.” You continue to pay for new products which ANet offers, at your own discretion.

Hearte.6852

You do realize that the whole point of the heroic edition is to offer an incentive to new players who need to play catch-up with the existing player-base, right?

Also, as there is no subscription, you do not “continue to pay for this product.” You continue to pay for new products which ANet offers, at your own discretion.

So the gem store purchases within the game are not part of the product? What other game am I paying for?

segman.3560

So the gem store purchases within the game are not part of the product? What other game am I paying for?

Gems are a product within the game. You pay for additional currency with real money and after this you choose in-game currency (gems) to buy other services. So at first you bought a game but every gem purchase is a new transaction for new product.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have the CE, that already shows i payed more then most of you just on release, should i be rewarded for giving more money then most?

Hearte.6852

Gems are a product within the game. You pay for additional currency with real money and after this you choose in-game currency (gems) to buy other services. So at first you bought a game but every gem purchase is a new transaction for new product.

Semantics. Some people are seriously bored today…

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

If you got selected to play the beta. But didn’t play it. You still would have gotten the chest/ upgrade. You can’t say it’s a thank you for testing the beta. It’s a thank you for getting selected by RNG.

The car example by segman is also great but you left out the part where some customers gets randomly selected to drive a brand new camero. Some of them decide to test drive it because hey it could be fun. They test drive it and then get a new set of rims for their car. Some don’t test drive it but since they were invited to, they get new rims anyway.

There’s no entitlement here just craziness and probably some type of issue with the way accounts work or something so that when people who had beta access had the beta character slot removed, Anet would have had a harder time of trying to revert the account to something that was dated and no longer offered. But if they were to be fair they should have done this for everyone.

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

It’s not semantics. You make it sound like you’re continually paying just to play the game, and that you deserve some sort of extra reward for doing so. You don’t. I don’t either. If you choose to pay for gems, you are charged a specific amount and receive a specific product in return, no more, no less.

Hearte.6852

It’s not semantics. You make it sound like you’re continually paying just to play the game, and that you deserve some sort of extra reward for doing so. You don’t. I don’t either. If you choose to pay for gems, you are charged a specific amount and receive a specific product in return, no more, no less.

Again. Semantics. Yawn I’m paying into this game and its future.

Posted by: Minisnoballz.1240

Minisnoballz.1240

This …

You either upgrade all accounts of everyone who has the discontinued edition or none of them, not this double standard bs.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

What about players who had the old SKU edition of the game but didn’t get to do the beta?

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

while it not technically was not meant to be a reward for being randomly selected for the beta, it ends up being a reward for it anyway, since only those that played the beta get the chest, the rest dont

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition on the first day of pre-purchase and when the Heroic Edition was released (and ever since) I was surprised at the reaction because my first thought was that it would look good to non-players (the target audience) but it wasn’t really anything that great.

I also assumed that everyone who wanted the armor set (the only special thing in there) would have it already.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

while it not technically was not meant to be a reward for being randomly selected for the beta, it ends up being a reward for it anyway, since only those that played the beta get the chest, the rest dont

I think they should go ahead and upgrade those with the no longer used SKU for all players that were not in the beta stress test just to be fair. Just as a disclaimer it doesn’t really affect me because I already own all those skins and don’t need the mithril box or experience boosters.

I still think the result was an unexpected bug no matter how Anet decided to spin it. I mean it took them an entire day to respond also there are things not addressed in their post such as some people receiving multiple chests and some people also got Tomes of Influence which isn’t included in the Heroic edition. I’ll put on my tinfoil hat I guess because it reads as a big “oops” to me but, “Hey how can we spin it to make things right?”

The Burninator

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

This is not true. I own a collector’s edition. I actually was a closed beta player from the earliest beta on. I am an active player. And I did NOT get a beta invite, or a chest.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

What about players who had the old SKU edition of the game but didn’t get to do the beta?

There will be an open beta on the way. It’s mostly likely that the same will happen then to everyone else.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

i have the CE, that already shows i payed more then most of you just on release, should i be rewarded for giving more money then most?

Yes. And you already have been.