"Hey Guys we're spawning Karka Queen!"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

One Guild said on Gerrandan Map Chat.

5min till spawn everybody traveled to the map, as the competently useless new boss timings make Karka Queen one boss we can’t do if we work/study.

We enter the Karka Map, and something did happen:
- People did enter several MegaServers asking for the guild that was spawning the event, nobody knew where was the darn right MegaServer and i as others could not do it.

Moral of Story: Guild World Events, one does not simply gets in on the right instance.
#CurseMegaServer

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Ask them if they have teamspeak or if they’re going to taxi people. And considering KQ only gives the bonus loot once a day, there’s really no reason to spawn KQ as a guild event imo.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

would have happened with the old system just as well. I don´t see how map instance+1 is any worse than old overflow.

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

The only thing that blows my mind about this story is why someone would feel the need to pop karka queen.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

would have happened with the old system just as well. I don´t see how map instance+1 is any worse than old overflow.

With the old system, you knew atleast immediately that you’re on the wrong server.
And with the old system, only ppl from their homeland would know about the karka queen. But since all get mixed on megaservers, multiple servers knew.

So yeah, you could say that the megaservers are a poor implementation of a cool idea.

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

If the guild wanted to be more successful at the concept, they should try identifying the shard they’re on (“/ip”), and maybe even ferry people onto the server through parties…

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

We need a district drop down menu like GW1.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Except with the old system you could do 2/3/4 world bosses in the time it takes for the next boss to come up and it didn’t take 6 hours to do every world boss.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yeah…world boss events are where megaservers don’t perform well. Especially if the world boss/temple events get bugged. An option to choose a specific flow/overflow/district in a zone would be nice.