Hidden Arcana Odgen Stonehealer stuck

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moikent.2694

moikent.2694

I’m trying to complete Echose of the Past achievements in Hidden Arcana. However when it comes to the task to “Speak with Ogden Stonehealer”, He offer me 6 options where he will start to talk about the stories, but None of these options allow me to touch the Hour Glass. I’ve relogged and retry but still the same effect.

Anyone have any clue how to overcome this?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve only done this once and I don’t remember the exact format for the dialogue options (I normally try to click all of them anyway) but looking at the wiki it seems like it should be a fairly straight-forward conversation:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Arcana#Dialogue

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: BGrennslen.9765

BGrennslen.9765

I’m in the same situation. Completed the story instance, went back through to work on the achievements and when it comes time to talk to Ogden, a window blinks and then he gives you the conversations that he uses after you return during your first run in the story. Is this a bug to report?

Posted by: nchoose.5714

nchoose.5714

I am having the problem. Same as BGrennsle.

Pretty sure it’s a bug, the first dialogue windows didn’t work and replaced by 2nd dialogue window.

Posted by: BGrennslen.9765

BGrennslen.9765

I found another post with similar symptoms. The other player quit the episode via the Story Journal and restarted it. When they re-entered the instance, everything worked. It worked for me as well… Good Luck!

Posted by: Yuri Barebones.3802

Yuri Barebones.3802

I reported this issue as a bug several months ago & again each time I’ve retried it, weeks or months later. I have tried doing other Living Story chapters & returning to this one, nothing works. Any character I try, since completing the story on my first character, is stuck here. No other character can complete this chapter normally or for achievements. I can therefore not complete the mastery achievement for this chapter, & hence can’t unlock my Luminescent armor or receive my ascended trinket.

This is very annoying & seems not to be getting any recognition from Anet as a problem that exists. A dev response would REALLY be appreciated. Either with a way to get past this or an acknowledgement that it is a problem being worked on.
Thanks..

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yuri, have you tried having someone else start the instance while you are both on the same story step, then go in and do the achieves with you? I’d be glad to assist in a few days if you find no one sooner, I’m just busy tonight and tomorrow so I can’t give the time needed to do the whole instance with achieves.

Posted by: Yuri Barebones.3802

Yuri Barebones.3802

I’ll see if I can get my wife to get there & do it with her. Thanks for the suggestion. crosses fingers