Hidden Combo(field+finisher) found.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

After many times of testing, finally I found this hidden combo in GW2:

Combo field: you can get combo field by 2 ways — 1, being immobilized; 2 using skills which requires stationary status during casting.

Combo finisher: dodge roll

Combo effect: Permanent Immobilization. However, unfortunately, the effect only applys on YOURSELF.

Combo effect breaker: tele , jump etc.

So can we get more description and more details on next patch note since it has already been discovered ????

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

If you want this fixed, you would do better by describing the issue in the “Game Bugs” forum, and to not use sarcasm. And you should probably also write an in-game bug report with as many details as you can think of.

If you actually enjoy getting immobilized in this way, and wish to invite other people to entertain themselves in the same way, then I guess this thread is the perfect way to do that.

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

I have reported in bugs forum, if Anet paid enough attention on the posts there they should already know it.
I post here to remind ppl (especially in pvp), don’t use dodge roll when u get immobilized or when u cast some stationary skills. (for many ppl the primary reflection when being hitted hard is to use dodge roll, so if u have that habit, fix it, it only makes things worse) —- that’s my purpose.

If you want this fixed, you would do better by describing the issue in the “Game Bugs” forum, and to not use sarcasm. And you should probably also write an in-game bug report with as many details as you can think of.

If you actually enjoy getting immobilized in this way, and wish to invite other people to entertain themselves in the same way, then I guess this thread is the perfect way to do that.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Might want to skip the sarcasm and write a serious post. It’s not readable.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Ahhh so that’s what causes this. I wonder why I frequently get stuck on my guardian

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Might want to skip the sarcasm and write a serious post. It’s not readable.

If you have had this happen to you then you can kind of glean what it is.

Sometimes when using a skill your character will be frozen still. You will be unable to move in any direction, despite having no immobilizes on you. You cannot walk, run, dodge roll, or anything. The only solution is to use a skill that physically moves your character (a blink, teleport, leap, dash, ETC) The issue is that if this occurs in combat, it can be hard to immediately identify, and some classes dont actually always have those skills on their bar 24/7, leading them to an early grave.

Posted by: Febrizzio.8024

Febrizzio.8024

as thief, you can use steal for break the bug… because sometime jump and dodging is not working

[Tarnished Coast]
Febrizzio Romeo, Human Guardian of [Pro Baddies]
Indonesia Player, Say Hello ^_^

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

I get this all the time on my Guardian and it’s actully gotten me killed quite a few times (when i haven’t had a weapon/skill available with a means to break it) – due to this it’s one of the reasons i always keep a GS on hand so i can leap out of it.

I do wish this one would be fixed and soon.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

BTW /dance frees you of this

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner