vpchelko.4261

Why? What sence? Reason? It’s annoying!

http://s30.postimg.org/4kpf6qcxr/gw005.jpg

(edited by vpchelko.4261)

Hidden Entrance or WTF?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Not…sure what the problem is here. Maybe I’m just missing it, but the screenshot looks like you are just staring at a rock wall.

Hidden Entrance or WTF?

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

First time I went through that area there was an event to open up the underwater cave system to reach that PoI. I’ve noticed that area is all sort of bugged out now a year or so later. When I went to explore there again I just swam right through the rock as if it was not there, apparently now when it isn’t there it is too.

Hidden Entrance or WTF?

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

Not…sure what the problem is here. Maybe I’m just missing it, but the screenshot looks like you are just staring at a rock wall.

I am sorry for misleading.
There are no rocks (it’s illusion or WTF) – this is entrance into underwater cave – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spentlung_Depth

I had noticed there are many illusion walls in game.
Some old players just know where is right entrance (I can watch video) – maybe because an age ago it was okay – without stupid walls.

(edited by vpchelko.4261)

Hidden Entrance or WTF?

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

You didn’t mislead, I was unclear with my explanation.

The link you gave says it is blocked by rocks that can be destroyed to gain access (and by your screenshot it looks your character is at the correct location).

The mechanic has bugged since then so that the path is blocked when the rocks are not there. However, it has also bugged so that you can go through the rocks when they are there (I recently swam through them on my ranger). I have no clue what the respawn is for the rocks however.

Illusion walls are walls you can walk through (the pirate puzzle in Lion’s Arch and the Aetherblade jump puzzle in Gendarran Fields are the only places I recall them existing, there may be more), I’ve never come across a wall that simply was not there (except in Fireheart Rise if you try climbing a mountain to make a short cut and one in a jump puzzle in Malchor’s Reach I suspect both of these are collision bugs). Even ‘invisble’ walls typically have some inquest/asuran looking device around to indicate their existence.