High Level Champion Farming?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cicatrix.6149

Cicatrix.6149

Q:

Where are people farming high level Champions? On my server Frostgorge is dead, Cursed Shores is dead, Southsun is abundantly …dead.

Am I missing something?

Even Queensdale hasn’t had more than 5-8 low-level appearing characters farming Champions there.

The loots bags are actually pretty good. Where is everyone?

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Queen’s Pavillion

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

The loots bags are actually pretty good. Where is everyone?

Inside the arena in Divinity’s Reach.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Cicatrix.6149

I believe the answer I was looking for would go something like this:

People are plodding along, farming Champions in the Crown Pavilion. However, on some servers, such as Tarnished Coast, there are a massive amount of people farming Champions in both Cursed Shore and Frostgorge Sound. Unfortunately, this is not happening on all servers, at least not at the moment.

The Cursed Shore Champion Zerg is as follows:
Giant – Archmage – Baron/Shelter – Giant – Megaladon (shark) and Rotbeard if up (rinse/repeat)

The Frostgorge Champion Zerg is as follows:
Fish – Kodan – Norn – Wurm (rinse/repeat)

You can go to either zone and ask for an invite (lfg!) to the Champion farm, and then find these Champions by following around the group. A good place to start in Cursed Shore is the Meddler’s Waypoint (where the giant is), and in Frostgorge you want to head to the Drakkar Waypoint, all the way Northwest.

Although not Max level, another fun place to kill a few Champions is the “Ulgoth the Moldniir” meta event (Seraph Assault on Centaur Camps) in Harathi Hinterlands. Come 5-10 minutes before the timer starts and pick up an extra Champion. There will be 5 total, including Ulgoth.

Why that meta is more rewarding then Jormag, now, with zero Champion loot, and nearly zero loot from any mob at all, I don’t know.

Does anyone else have opinions on rewarding places to farm Champions?

(edited by Cicatrix.6149)

Cicatrix.6149

CORRECTION:

Cursed Shore Champion Zerg:

(Meddler’s WP) Giant – (Caer Shadowfain WP) Archmage – (Shelter’s Gate WP) Baron/Shelter area event – Giant – (Shipwreck Rock WP) Shark
[ Rotbeard (north of Shark) if up and Ooze (near giant) if up ]

Frostgorge Champion Zerg:

(Drakkar WP) Fish – Kodan – Norn – Wurm – (Skyheight Steading WP) – Drake Broodmother [ Atherblade event if up (with potentially numerous Champion spawns) and Quaggan if up ]

Let me know if I missed anything…

(edited by Cicatrix.6149)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

quaggan is in the same area as broodmother, which people can do if it’s up.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Kinda weird that this game attracted so many people who are so obsessed with repetitive grind.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Cicatrix.6149

Thank you, added Quaggan =) Just haven’t seen him myself yet…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Thank you, added Quaggan =) Just haven’t seen him myself yet…

The previous event has to fail for it to appear …

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Please please, all you sheeple farm the heck out of them so the weapon prices drop and I can get mine cheap and without hours of effort. Woot.

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Kinda weird that this game attracted so many people who are so obsessed with repetitive grind.

MMORPG players love to grind. Fact. Even better if the grind doesn’t require too much concentration, so they can whine about grinding as they grind, because they love to do that even more than they love to grind.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Please please, all you sheeple farm the heck out of them so the weapon prices drop and I can get mine cheap and without hours of effort. Woot.

haha, if I do get one of the ones I’m looking for, I don’t plan on selling it, but I do hope the Lord Taeres’s Shadow drops in price.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Whilst obviously there will always be farmers in any game, I place a lot of the blame squarely on ANet because most things to work towards cost money. Other than dungeon skins, if you want something it’s all about money, money, money. When people discover something good, ofc they’re going to get as much as they can from it. Unless you’re some TP wizard or taking advantage of specific farms, money doesn’t come that easily in this game.

This is the first MMO where I’ve been so concentrated on making money. In others, I just ran content (dungeons, raids) in order to gear up and rarely had to buy things from Auction Houses. I could always just go out and get what I need instead or worrying about making money so I can buy it since farming it is unreasonably difficult. Personally, I prefer that method much more than the random money grind in GW2.. but strangely I’ve not burned out of it here (working towards 2nd legendary.) Not sure why that is tbh. :P

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

MMORPG players love to grind. Fact.

Exactly.

I think one of the reasons why the original Guild Wars was good is the fact it was not a MMORPG, so it didn’t really get MMORPG players.

In GW2, though, they are the majority. And while it’s likeky that most will jump to the next big MMO, while they’re here they will make ArenaNet change the game so it’s more and more similar to other MMORPGs.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Cicatrix.6149

In my opinion, it is only a grind if it’s all you’re doing, or if you are doing it for too long.

I actually think these Champion Zergs are rewarding and fun.Tons of new, unique weapon skins dropping off mobs you could probably solo if you wanted? Awesome. Finding all these new Champions you didn’t even know existed before the patch? Adventuresome. Should that be a word.

As far as the repetition goes, personally, I like to have a few activities I can do in this game that earn my character extra gold while being able to, yes, disconnect my brain from the activity, turn the game volume off, and simultaneously watch a streaming movie on another monitor.

That doesn’t mean I don’t engage in the game otherwise, through other means, its just that sometimes… one feels more properly entertained when multitasking.