High-five ANet

High-five ANet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

I appear on these forums often as the guy who criticizes the game. That’s true, but it’s not the case of hating the game. That’s the case of loving the potential in it, and being disappointed it’s not even remotely realized.

I still manage to have some fun playing GW2 (it doesn’t grasp me as it should though) and I really, honestly believe ANet will listen to all the suggestions we give them to improve on GW2 in the near future. That’s why I am still splitting harpy heads with my warrior.

I felt the need to mention one aspect I absolutely love about GW2, as a “compensation” for all the flaws I pointed out recently. It’s the amount of detail ANet put into caves, houses and forts.

Caves have all that scaffolding, tents, drilling machines etc. Houses feel like houses, not just some boxes with roofs on top. And the forts… Oh man, the forts. They FEEL huge, they FEEL like buildings which are meant to keep you safe and the enemies outside. I love the fact that they have so many ways in and out, ramps, trenches, secret exits… They truly feel epic.

No game does this better, and for that I congratulate the team responsible.

High-five ANet

Posted by: holotype.1643

holotype.1643

I’m going to make a not-so-fair contrast here with house interiors: Skyrim vs GW2.

You walk into a house in skyrim, it’s cozy, lit with flickering fire, and richly detailed. Items, furniture, candles, little details fully paint the interior. An npc might be cooking or going to and fro. A room in GW2 is sparse, with very few fixtures or items and NPCs are standing in place, looking forward, doing nothing.

Provisos:
1. The mere fact that I can go inside buildings in GW2 (as opposed to just staring at the front doors of those cool cottages in GW1) is awesome.
2. Cave, structure, and interior complexity is amazing. That coupled with the immense size and detail of the world maps is over the top in my book.

Championing Blackgate since Aug. 25, 2012
[UV]

High-five ANet

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Still can’t sit in chairs or hold a mug of ale and drink it and taverns dont have bartenders :S

High-five ANet

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

I got 5 Lvl 40-60 blues From completeing the final story quest

I AINT GIVING ANYONE A HIGH FIVE

High-five ANet

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

I agree, as I said it needs a TON of work in all areas. I just wanted to say what I thought was cool.

:)