Higher precursor drop rates?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crrrystal.6845

Crrrystal.6845

Since the beginning of the month, I’ve gotten 13 various pres from the forge (hunter, zap, colossus x2, dusk, tooth of frostfang x2, leaf of kudzu x2, the chosen, storm, howl, energizer). Did my prayer to RNGesus work or have others been having better luck as well?

Or, whoever you are at Anet—yes, I will be your Valentine.

(edited by Crrrystal.6845)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I…could i have some of those??!!!i have yet to get any one pre from the forge…so it seems like RNG loves you quite a bit

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

OP is telling the Truth!

As her Guild leader i have seen all the Screen Shots and the RNG God’s love her.
Correction she got 2 x Howl not 1 lol
And thanks for the Tooth of Frostfang :p

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Crrrystal.6845

Oh. Apparently I got a howl last week, too.

And I just got the lover.

srsly rng

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Are you putting exotics or rares into the forge?

Crrrystal.6845

Almost exclusively exotics of the same weapon type (though I do throw in a few rares and some mixed-bag tries).

I also got another colossus a few minutes ago. I’m retiring from forging forever.

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

You realize that a large portion of Tyria now hates you, right?

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Gah give me one!! ill give you all my gold for The Chosen!!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Hence why a pure RNG system is bad… annoying outliers. Anyway, grats on the luck streak, you’ve won the GW2 lottery!

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

To be honest, your thread doesnt make sense.

They cant possibly increase the drop rate to the one you experienced, its simply not possible.

Once that is ruled out, its fairly obvious that this is a lucky streak.

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

This makes me want to break something.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

kitten RNG. The expansion is going to be a godsend with it’s ability to acquire precursors in a way other than being at the mercy of RNG.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Nekrothaft.6390

Nekrothaft.6390

kitten RNG. The expansion is going to be a godsend with it’s ability to acquire precursors in a way other than being at the mercy of RNG.

This x1000

“Necros are in a good spot”…. let the kitten sacrifice commence.

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Well I did get The Enegizer last week when I used the forge (before you asked, I currenty doing one of the dungeo reward tracks and I put in three dungeon weapons and a forge stone into it). I did wonder why of all days I suddently got it so I guess this anwser the question.

Now if only I can get another one since I was blinded by greed and sold it as soon as I saw the price on it (my eyes were literally £_£) before reading it properly that it was a precusor…

Ok sure I don’t used mace in PVP but in PVP and I suppose I did made one buyer very happy but I would of kept it had I read the weapon properly.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I think the rate is up. I mean i know the announcement helped drop prices, but the volume is definitely up too. http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29180

That may be just from an influx of players, but the volume has been pretty high over the last couple months.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Not precursors, but I have gotten a lot of exotics this week. I made 50-something rare swords and got 6 exotics from the forge. I’ve been dumping random rares from WBT and got at least 5 more exotics. Been looting exotics from chests, like Coldsnap, Final Rest, and karka queen daily chest had an exotic instead of rare. This is all in about 48 hours, which is not typical for me.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I think the rate is up. I mean i know the announcement helped drop prices, but the volume is definitely up too. http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29180

That may be just from an influx of players, but the volume has been pretty high over the last couple months.

Maybe people are holding out making their legendary…

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

You should give me one of those Leaf of Kudzus.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s a fairly important piece of information missing from the OP’s posts, which makes it impossible for anyone to comment on the drop-rate:

How many exotics and rares have you put into the Forge during this time period?

Precursor drops are not time-gated, so the length of time during which this occurred is irrelevant. What’s important is how many attempts you’ve made. If you’re getting a precursor every other time you combine 4 exotics then yes that’s amazing. If you’ve made 10,000 attempts to get your 13 precursors then you’re actually having extremely bad luck.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

You just broke the RNG for the rest of us. THANKS FOR SCREWING WITH THE AVERAGES!

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Or people who had been holding on to precursors, watching the prices rise have now noticed the prices are dropping and are panic-selling their supply.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Troll.

Record the video while you forge or it never happened.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Or people who had been holding on to precursors, watching the prices rise have now noticed the prices are dropping and are panic-selling their supply.

This is the most likely scenario here. It’s the increased volume of people getting rid of their extra precursors that are driving the price down.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

This is the most likely scenario here. It’s the increased volume of people getting rid of their extra precursors that are driving the price down.

I don’t really care on the reason why. For the first time, I might have a shot at actually getting one.

That, and the fact I got a ghost pepper node out of the black lion chest yesterday. The 150 gold from selling that will help.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

Could you go back to the forge and get me a Leaf of Kudzu out of it? I have the worst luck with RNG in this game lol.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

can i has zap pls ._.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s a fairly important piece of information missing from the OP’s posts, which makes it impossible for anyone to comment on the drop-rate:

How many exotics and rares have you put into the Forge during this time period?

That.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

pics or it didn’t happen.

Attachments:

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

LOOOOOOL! This isnt even right! No one shoul get 13 kittenin pres from the mf in such a sort time. This just shows this game doesnt reward players who are skilled or put in time.

This really makes me turned off from the game.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I suspect they might have increased the drop rates all stealthily or somesuch, ’cause not only have some of my farmtastic friends been getting more pres lately, but even I and my largely filthy-casual ways scored a Dusk off Teq some nights ago.

I don’t believe in RNGeezus, though I do believe in stealth tweaks to save face and try to offset animosity during a very important ramp-up time towards their first expansion’s release.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

This looks like some kind of market manipulation. Sorry, but I don’t believe you.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: ourplague.7196

ourplague.7196

I have 3 guildmates that pull precursors like crazy. One in particular has managed to pull 25 precursors from the forge in the span of less than 2 months. Now, he has always had incredible luck in the game, but it’s just insane that he can pull them at this rate. We have all seen the screenshots, hell I think he has even taken to posting them on FB as well… It’s all legit. How does he do it?

400-500g in Exotic level 80 weapons… and he just keeps rolling and rolling.

When you consider how much he has tossed into the forge, it’s completely possible. I however, have only ever managed to pull 2 precursors from that blasted forge, and they were both a year apart from one another and with dungeon weapons.

Posted by: NyahCat.2416

NyahCat.2416

I think its possible since the announcement. I randomly pulled a Dawn from the forge a week ago. From pvp dungeon exotics, like the reward track. I didn’t get to sell it because Im making Eternity but I do believe theres something up for sure. A guildie of mine pulled out Dawn, Dusk, Spark ,Tooth x2, Howl, Rodgort, Kudzu from what I know of. shortly after the announcement. He sent me screens and he sold Dusk Spark in Kudzu right in front of me. Back to my Dawn.. Out of the 4 personal Legendaries I have made, only 1 pre has been from forge. I’ve helped my friends too and we ended up buying their pres. but that was about a year ago.

Have you ever tried to gamble in the forge before? Cause I always like to think may just be some crazy RNG thing for some accounts. Like some people like you have gotten 20 pres in a small amount of time vs some people who gamble thousands of gold/hours and get nothing. My 3 previous legendaries were on a different account that has gotten banned and in just like 3 forges I got a pre.Which is CRAZY! Im Rambling. Sorry.. Congratz.

P.S hope that its increased cause now I want my Dusk! <3 <3

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

This thread is hilarious half are complaining about the rng and others are asking for precursors.

Anyways grats on the lucky streak! hope it continues for you. Makes me want to try out the forge but i know thats a bad idea and ill stay away

:D