Hipster Legendary?

Hipster Legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tirenareikasu.8915

tirenareikasu.8915

Was talking with a guildy of mine and another person in another guild they are in crafted two HOPEs and at first I was like that’s cool congrats to them, but then I got to thinking about it. My Legendary Chuka and Champawat can’t be crafted twice cause the precursor is locked to being able to craft only one per account. I looked into the other Legendaries and I found out that none of the other new or old Legendaries has this block. How come Chuka and Champawat can only be made twice thus blocking the Twice Told Legend achievement from being done with that particular Legendary? What makes a tiger shortbow special over the new Eureka mace, Nevermore, HOPE, Astralaria, or any of the old Legendaries? Help make sense

Hipster Legendary?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

No precursor can be crafted twice. Whether it is core or new, the crafting collections system can only allow you to craft that precursor once. The Tiger shortbow is not unique in this.

However, because the original precursors (ie not the new pistol, staff, mace, shortbow) drop from loot or the forge, that allows the actual Legendary weapon to be crafted more than once. Nevermore and Hope cannot be crafted multiple times due to the collection system. Eureka I have no idea on.

Hipster Legendary?

Posted by: tirenareikasu.8915

tirenareikasu.8915

Ok thank you! I was like not fair but this this makes sense. I was just looking at the Wiki for them all and only Chuka and Champawat had writing that said it was a one and done deal the rest didn’t have the warning so it was like wait what? But thank you <3

Hipster Legendary?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All HoT precursors can only be obtained once. This results in HoT legendarycweapons only being obtained once. Core Tyria precursors can only be obtained once from collections/crafting. The only other methods they can be obtained are from the TP, drop, of MF.

Anet did state that they were thinking about allowing players to craft “blank” legendary weapons but no current updates about that.

Hipster Legendary?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Your guildie didn’t craft two HOPEs, s/he likely crafted one and then skinned it onto a second pistol and either lied or you misunderstood.

I made HOPE once, my Daredevil has two HOPE pistols in terms of visual appearance and effects, and my asura Chronomancer has one HOPE that is really a rare quality pistol.