HoM 500 Achievement Points summed up

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

You’re a busy man, I get that. You want to stay updated regarding the current debate but ain’t nobody got time for that. After all, there’s several threads, hundreds of posts regarding the issue. Do you really have to read through all those posts?

Of course not! I’ve read through every single post regarding this and although it could be giving the illusion of being THE grand titan battles of debates, it’s quite simple to understand.

So here I’ve made an illustration to keep up with the debate of all the previous points made and all future points that will be given in that thread nicely put so you won’t have to spend endless hours reading through all these threads and posts as I have.

Enjoy!

Attachments:

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

1+
Maybe they should rename it to ‘The Hall of Arguments’

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

1+
Maybe they should rename it to ‘The Hall of Arguments’

That’s quite catchy. Maybe should rename the picture to that

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Lol. Yes. That sums up this argument quite nicely.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This is never-ending.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

You should put a sub heading, something like

Or: Proof That the GW2 Forums Will Complain About Anything

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You should put a sub heading, something like

Or: Proof That the GW2 Forums Will Complain About Anything

The most consistent (and least constructive) complaint is people complaining about complaining. Forums are for feedback, both negative and positive. It’s just less common for people to give positive feedback because they are busy enjoying it.

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

The most consistent (and least constructive) complaint is people complaining about complaining. Forums are for feedback, both negative and positive. It’s just less common for people to give positive feedback because they are busy enjoying it.

Finally, someone who gets it instead of just shouting the words “crying”, “complaining”, or “QQ” every time someone threatens their fanboy mindset.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Finally, someone who gets it instead of just shouting the words “crying”, “complaining”, or “QQ” every time someone threatens their fanboy mindset.

Because everyone with a different opinion is a fanboy

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Sil.4560

Not what I said at all. I said that saying any of the above things about someone who is offering a legit concern comes across as fanboyism.

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve read those threads. Basically they boil down to:

I deserve those 500 extra points (and really I should have gotten 1000 points)
No you don’t.
Yes, I do.
You don’t.
I do.
You don’t.
I do.

One of the least productive set of threads I can ever recall reading.

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

This is really sad.

What’s happening here is that people are complaining about Guild Wars 1 players, who spent thousands of hours on that game, made arenanet big, and resulted in Guild Wars 2 ultimately getting green lit.

These people are complaining, because players with 50/50 get 1 achievement chest, which over the course of the next 5-7 years of the life of this game means very little. But they don’t see that, they see right now only and that this is 1/3 (33%) or more of many players’ achievement points. When at the end of the games life it’ll be 1/20 (5%) or less.

The saddest part of all of this, is that these players are up in arms about loyalty. So basically the players are telling ANet, “We don’t want you to be loyal. Forget loyalty, because we’re not getting the benefits of it!”

It’s so sad, it’s sickening…

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Sil.4560

Oh lord, another person arguing in favor of the AP, most likely going to cause the argument to resurface here. You people just never learn. Gotta get that last word, don’t you?

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

I don’t get what the big deal is about OTHER people having cosmetic stuff that you don’t because you did not or are not willing to play the prequel as they have already done.

The fact is that people with these rewards actually DID do something that you didn’t do.

End of story.

Anet tried to do something nice for the community and everyone is just taking their rewards and incentives for granted.

You will eventually make up the points that GW1 players already have. And also, it was by no means an easy feat to get something like “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals.” To make an achievement for obtaining that title, and then rewarding you with 5 points would be laughable.

Besides, you get FAR more points for doing the living story updates. And there are plenty of people (due to time constraints) that cannot do those. Many of them GW1 players, because the players who have HoM titles had a ton of time to grind when THAT game was young. This means that those players are likely 10 years older now, and more than likely have more responsibilities and less time to play.

I don’t see why anyone should be concerned about what OTHER people are achieving, especially when it has no bearing on your play at all. It’s not like it even effects the market prices or anything, so why all the hubbub?

(edited by soakman.7539)

Sil.4560

Round and round and round it goes.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Because unique skins, unique pets, and unique titles were not enough, greedy goes beyond acceptable levels, what a shame.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: nahla.7138

nahla.7138

GW1 players earned something I didn’t. I don’t feel like going to earn them myself, so they should be taken back from those who did.
No you don’t.
Yes, I do.
You don’t.
I do.
You don’t.
I do.

You forgot how it all started, so I fixed your quote. =p

GW2 is NOT “free to play”! It’s “buy to play”!
I need a good guild. Q_Q

Sil.4560

Oh lord, another person arguing in favor of the AP, most likely going to cause the argument to resurface here. You people just never learn. Gotta get that last word, don’t you?

nahla.7138

Ironic part is that you’re the only one arguing every single post in both threads. =p

I need a good guild. Q_Q

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

OP is a self entitled salty QQing noob.

It’s 500 points. It’s one chest. Build a bridge and get over it, or you know, play GW1 and get it yourself. GW1 possessed challenges not seen by many/any modern era games, GW2 will also never have any challenges like GW1, but you won’t ever understand, because you wasted your time playing a bad game like WoW.

Half the HoM skins are terrible compared to what could of been put in (Storm bow for the longbow skin for instance, an iconic bow since release, instead of the ugly bland one they used (which was a EOTN skin)). Or the chaos axe (Another iconic axe since day 1 release) for the axe skin, instead of the Nightfall stygian axe. You wouldn’t know though because you obviously never played GW1.

Oh no, 500 points to people who played GW1 for 7 years before GW2.

You’re salty. Stop QQing, try and earn GWAMM before complaining you self entitled jealous salty QQer.

End post. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This immature post was fun to write at your expense.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Astral Projections.7320

Guild Wars 1 players got an extra chest for playing a different game and I didn’t.
Maybe, just maybe, that’s not fair to people earning achievement points in this game for rewards in this game
No you don’t.
Yes, I do.
You don’t.
I do.
You don’t.
I do.

50/50 HoM and GWAMM title here.

Didn’t need it corrected. Thanks anyway.
Corrected your correction

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Sil.4560

Ironic part is that you’re the only one arguing every single post in both threads. =p

The pathetic part is that if you had half a mind to actually read the threads, you’d see that that is a blatant inaccuracy, exaggerated by yourself in an attempt to discredit me because you have no argument.

Try harder.

nahla.7138

Guild Wars 1 players got an extra chest for playing a different game and I didn’t.
Maybe, just maybe, that’s not fair to people earning achievement points in this game for rewards in this game
No you don’t.
Yes, I do.
You don’t.
I do.
You don’t.
I do.

50/50 HoM and GWAMM title here.

Didn’t need it corrected. Thanks anyway.
Corrected your correction

It would be correct if the arguments were even about the chest. =p Pretty sure they are about the “leaderboard”.

The pathetic part is that if you had half a mind to actually read the threads, you’d see that that is a blatant inaccuracy, exaggerated by yourself in an attempt to discredit me because you have no argument.

Try harder.

Was that not an argument? You’re right though. I DON’T have an argument. I’m fine with how things are. These threads just amuse me.

I need a good guild. Q_Q

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I guess people are not complaining about the achievements, but the points we get from them.

Well, I can say that daily and monthly achievement points are as bad as Hall of Monuments ones then.

I’m opening an old window.

Sil.4560

So remove the points from both. I’m drawing benefit from having daily points, and I’m fine with their removal.

Shockwave.1230

Here’s a solution. Make 2 leaderboards. One having only the one time achievements and another having those with HoM + Repeatable achievements.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

So remove the points from both. I’m drawing benefit from having daily points, and I’m fine with their removal.

Fair.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

nahla.7138

I couldnt care less if the HoM points didn’t count towards the leaderboards. As I’m (mostly) sure MOST GW1 players wouldn’t care. Would be reasonable.

I need a good guild. Q_Q

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its fine as it is. Stop complaining and play some (about 1000 hours) GW1 for those points.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Because unique skins, unique pets, and unique titles were not enough, greedy goes beyond acceptable levels, what a shame.

Nobody asked ArenaNet to boost up the HoM achievement points to 50 points each, if someone did suggest so then I highly doubt the majority of people on the forums wanted those achievements to have 50 points, it’s all ArenaNet’s doing.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

the trying to get the last word post by the one who appears to be posting the most is pretty darn funny. Guess ignorance is bliss.

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

This argument’s still going? You know time spent fighting here is time you could be using to get achievements.

Shockwave.1230

The argument is actually about how leaderboards are scored, not HoM at all.

I say just do two leaderboards.
One without HoM, dailies, monthlies, living story, and repeatable achievements
Another with everything

Posted by: apocalyps.7106

apocalyps.7106

stop the worthless QQing over a few hundred points
1/ it’s a game
2/ it’s another marketing thingy
3/ it’s exactly how it was for new players of gw2 that got the game cheaper than players who got it from beta , because it was on offer by arena net back then and the same QQing was there too, “why should someone else get ……(you fill in the dotted
line)”
4/nobody cares about any leaderboards
5/ it’s a reward for those who played gw1, who invested money in campaigns, character slots, skins, expansions , mercenery’s and so on.
6/ it won’t toppel the game
7/ it’s not paytowin
8/ nobody cares about any leaderboards (again)
9/ everyone will get all the skins from the achievments eventually
10/ it’s JUST A LOUSY CHEST
11/ qqing doesnt help

12/ and final – stop beeing childish, i bet younger kids understand this and “older” ones (30’s ? ) don’t!

stop the QQ.

Shockwave.1230

stop the worthless QQing over a few hundred points
1/ it’s a game
2/ it’s another marketing thingy
3/ it’s exactly how it was for new players of gw2 that got the game cheaper than players who got it from beta , because it was on offer by arena net back then and the same QQing was there to, “why should someone else get ……(you fill in the dotted
line)”
4/nobody cares about any leaderboards
5/ it’s a reward for those who played gw1, who invested money in campaigns, character slots, skins, expansions , mercenery’s and so on.
6/ it won’t toppel the game
7/ it’s not paytowin
8/ nobody cares about any leaderboards (again)
9/ everyone will get all the skins from the achievments eventually
10/ it’s JUST A LOUSY CHEST
11/ qqing doesnt help

12/ and final – stop beeing childish, i bet younger kids understand this and “older” ones (30’s ?:D ) don’t!

stop the QQ.

The target of the rage is HoM, but the actual issue people have is how achievement leaderboards are scored. Which has very little to do with HoM. It’s dailies, monthlies, living story, and repeatable achievements people have issue with as well. The practical solution is to create a second leaderboard that excludes or caps those items.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Can i just help put something in perspective for people.

It’s not 500 achievement points – for a tiny minority, it’s 500 AP, yes. But the vast majority of GW1 players barely get half that total – i personally played GW1 on and off for 5 years, spent over 3000 hours in it, and I “only” got 300 AP – most my friends who played for years didn’t do even as much as I did, and they only got 100-200 for their years of gaming.

The number of people getting a full 500 AP are tiny, even amongst GW1 players, these are people who completed virtually every single achievement in the game, PvE and PvP alike and played single virtually the start of the game to the end. The sour-puss crowd are acting as if everyone who so much as created a GW1 character is instantly getting 500 AP which is simply not true.

I personally had 300 AP from GW1, out of a total of 5,900 AP – take away 300 and it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, I still have exactly 11 chests – just like you if you’ve done the same amount of GW2 achievements as me. in a years time, 300AP headstart means even less.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

“If they don’t matter then we can just remove them again”

…followed by….

“Unique skins …. You should not receive stuff that impacts GW2 directly”

EPIC LOGIC FAIL DETECTED.
ProTip: Skins never “directly impacted” GW2 gameplay, and more AP only rewards more skins & temporary consumables (that last 1 hour tops).

OP is contradicting himself as well. /GG … & 1 more thread that should just be merged.

Shockwave.1230

Can i just help put something in perspective for people.

It’s not 500 achievement points – for a tiny minority, it’s 500 AP, yes. But the vast majority of GW1 players barely get half that total – i personally played GW1 on and off for 5 years, spent over 3000 hours in it, and I “only” got 300 AP – most my friends who played for years didn’t do even as much as I did, and they only got 100-200 for their years of gaming.

The number of people getting a full 500 AP are tiny, even amongst GW1 players, these are people who completed virtually every single achievement in the game, PvE and PvP alike and played single virtually the start of the game to the end. The sour-puss crowd are acting as if everyone who so much as created a GW1 character is instantly getting 500 AP which is simply not true.

I personally had 300 AP from GW1, out of a total of 5,900 AP – take away 300 and it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, I still have exactly 11 chests – just like you if you’ve done the same amount of GW2 achievements as me. in a years time, 300AP headstart means even less.

The people complaining most are the one’s who are competitive about the leaderboards. They feel it’s not fair that they don’t have an extra 500 AP from HoM and various extra AP from dailies, monthlies, living story and repeatable achievements. In a competitive environment it’s actually not fair.

The issue people actually have is how leaderboards are scored, which is why I will continue to stress having a second competitive leaderboard in addition to the one with everything.

Sil.4560

Skins are more or less endgame in GW2. I’d consider it part of the gameplay as a highly desirable object that is part of the core experience.

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

In my opinion, the cosmetic item skins you can get from HoM are mostly trash. The only one that I don’t hate is Icebreaker (hammer). As for the titles, they are meaningless. The 500 points was nice but I would like if they fixed up the skins from HoM as well.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Ok. Here is the end of this stupid topic.

Up until last week, achievement points were worth nothing.
20 may as well have said 0, AP meant NOTHING, ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH.

Here is some perspective for you people saying “20 is alot oderrr pointzzzz”
PvE/WvW daily = 11 points
PvP daily = 4 points
11 + 4 = 15
So what, you’re claiming my 7 years of GW1 HoM is worth 1.3333 days of playing GW2?

Now last week ANet finally unleashed a use for achievement points, and thought of a more fitting set of achievement points to be associated with the HoM. Now the AP is actually worth something, they thought of a more fitting token of appreciation for players of their first and legendarily great game (I recommend buying it by the way just for the sake of playing something unique that you’ll never experience again).

Lets not forget that HoM was INTENDED to link GW1 to GW2 in some way shape or form.

Should a player such as myself who played GW1 for 7 years not be shown a small token of appreciation for being a loyal player/customer to their business/franchise? One that does not impact the game in a negative way for other players?

One small chest that has no influence on the game, or some pathetic leaderboard kitten that has no influence on the game is what’s causing you woe? Get some life perspective.

Honestly I wouldn’t care if HoM was worth 0. Some of the skins are alright and are as follows:
Heavy armour (except the helmet) is great.
Greatsword is great (no pun intended).
Sword is great.
Hammer is great.
Fiery vambraces are great.
Scepter is great.
Focus is great for nostalgia.
Medium armour face mask is great.

The rest? Pretty average (Especially the Light/Medium Armour) and could of been easily topped by some of the more iconic skins from the original installment of GW1. (Storm bow, Chaos axe, Draconic aegis to name a few.)

Now, this is what 500 points represents in GW2 time.
1 month of doing all the dailies + the monthly itself, that is approximately 500 points. BIG WHOOP.

You claim it’s “unfair” for this whole sad leaderboard thing? What about all the PvE content that gets deleted every few weeks so new players cannot do it? Hmm? I’ll take your silence to this question as realisation.

As a 7 year player of GW1 surely a few numbers for me and others doesn’t crawl up your behind that far does it? PS, you can just play GW1 yourself, go ahead and earn them.

You seem to be forgetting it’s just a few numbers that do not impact the game in any way. No class was buffed or nerfed. No item was buffed or nerfed. No one gets any form of advantage against another player.

If this post hasn’t got through to you, you have no hope of logical and rational thought, ever.

NOW GO PLAY THE GAME.

/thread.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I couldnt care less if the HoM points didn’t count towards the leaderboards. As I’m (mostly) sure MOST GW1 players wouldn’t care. Would be reasonable.

I would gladly have my name removed form the leader boards for all time if it made the players complaining happy. Honesty? I looked at them once when they where released to see what they looked like, have never looked again and probably never will. I have no idea where I am, and could not care less about them as they are completely meaningless. If they gave us an option to opt out of the leader boards, I would do it in a heart beat just to end all the silly, needless drama.