HoM and the evolving world of gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

The HoM (Hall of Monuments) is an empty and desolate place,
why not make it the default home instance for those that have access to it ?
I don’t know what to suggest for those that either do not have it or don’t know what it is.

- move all services provided by my home instance to my HoM.
- provide a portal or asura gate to all VIP locations I have access to (meaning you need to have purchased the ticket)
- Xunlai revival ? there are T7 xunlai ingots coming to the game, maybe link this to the Xunlai present in the HoM.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Every single person in-game has access to the HoM. What need for a portal, if you have the pass? Not sure how Xunlai Ingots could be linked to Xunlai Agents. But, they were our ‘bankers’, before.

Latinkuro.9420

As I understand it only those with a linked account have access to the HoM.
if that has changed I wasn’t aware of it.

Posted by: Syriac Nefarious.2389

Syriac Nefarious.2389

I agree, we put a lot of hard work into achieving items and titles in Guild Wars 1 and helped make the game successful enough for a Guild Wars 2, but besides some points and small other items I feel they forgot about us.
HoM could look like the Royal Terrace, or the more points in the HoM the more feature it has.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Scornheart (Hooligan’s Route in Lion’s Arch/now in Vigil camp/keep) sells them for free to all characters, regardless of account status.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

The recognition and thanks were given to GW1 players through the titles and unique items such as skins and minis.

Expecting, or indeed having implemented, further bonuses 20 months into the game is cruelly unfair. You can’t expect to have constant benefits for playing a different game.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

i don’t want a destroyed/damaged Eye of the North outpost to be my home instance.

Latinkuro.9420

i don’t want a destroyed/damaged Eye of the North outpost to be my home instance.

Scornheart (Hooligan’s Route in Lion’s Arch/now in Vigil camp/keep) sells them for free to all characters, regardless of account status.

Since everyone has access to it now even better, fix it to look remodeled instead of broken down and make use of this amazing historic place.

Posted by: Gwen.7619

Gwen.7619

I always thought It should turn into our own guild hall’s with all the minis, armors, weapons and trophies (covered in dust and cobwebs) so that any guild members could view, to me that would definitely be the icing on the cake with a cherry too

Sorry for my English as I’m Dyslexic

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It isn’t ‘now’ that they have access. It’s always been that way, or at least very close to launch. Just a FYI.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I’m a big proponent of turning the HoM into a HoM(e) away from home. The Hall of Monuments is supposed to be the center of our personal legend in Tyria. Let it fulfill that roll.

In GW1, we saw banners and objects strewn all over to celebrate our accomplishments. This can be re-implemented without much fuss, and we can just as well have memorials to our losses, (Tybalt, Lion’s Arch, &c.).

The Scrying Pool showed us cinematics from the past, which could replace the video-playing objects clogging up our inventory. It also gave us visions of what was to come; this would be an excellent way to tease future releases without making players leave the game and access a website.

Although the greater Eye of the North once held several merchants and other useful NPC’s, they don’t need to return. Markets should remain social places, not lonely instances. That doesn’t mean we can’t house a few people here, but they should be our personal guests, allowed into our private Fortress of Solitude according to the needs of the Living Story.

I don’t want to wait until we’re hunting down Jormag for this place to become interesting again.

I should be writing.

Latinkuro.9420

The scrying pool indeed that would be such a great addition to gw2.
allowing you to watch cutscenes and replay past LS content, thank you Gulesave

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I never knew I could get to HoM. Or the Hom, or whatever. I’m going to have to pay it a visit when I log in. And maybe get GW1 so I can put something in it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yep, anyone can get a portal stone and go to the hall. But unless you’ve linked your GW2 account to a GW1 account where items have been added to the hall the NPC who gives the rewards will simply tell you he has nothing for you. (And likewise the ranger pets won’t be there.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”