HoT: NEW PROFESSIONS AND THE TRADE POST

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

With the recent announcement (and confirmation) of an expansion pack comes the introduction of secondary professions to GW2. The Trade Post has always been shaped according to changes in build meta, availability of items, and personal tastes of individuals. With the changes coming to the Necromancer class wielding a greatsword and the possibility of Engineers using hammers, what weapons and skins do you think are going to go up in price?

My speculation:

-Chiroptophobia Greatsword Skin: The theme simply fits the necromancer’s style and with the current 5 tickets per piece and a price tag of around 180G (current), I can certainly see it going up in popularity.

-Aetherized/Pact Fleet Hammer Skin: The speculation (based on the video ad) of the Engineer being able to use hammer has already affected the price of the already rare Aetherized hammer. The Pact Fleet however still remains at a relatively low price and may definitely experience an inflation in price due to high demand.

-Mordrem/Dreamthistle Staff: Druids. Ranger Druids.

What changes do you think the GW2:HoT announcement will bring to the Trade Post market? What items will go up in price and which items will spike down? Is it all a knee-jerk reaction or will it somehow stabilize to its previous price range or will it continue to rise/plummet down?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

eh, why assume that people will follow your own personal trends of equipment fitting what you think goes with the profession?

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Briars.1425

Briars.1425

seeing as spears got boosted in cost overnight from the lw trailer, anything spoiled today will jump at least 300%

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Not Secondary Classes

Sub Classes or in case of Anet Speech – cough “Specilizations” ^^
forget this term Secondary Classes, GW2 will never become a Game like GW1 again with Secondary Classes

Not much will change I guess, some things will rise for sure a bit for some time, but i guess, things will stabilize quickly again.
Only because there are now all classes gaining some new Weapons fro mthe existign ones won’t lead now into a huge increase of demand for certain skins, at least not for a very long persistent time span.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

Shield for Mesmer… Maybe I’ll use my G G Shield for myself instead of selling it ^^

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I wish anet would just instaban for obvious attempts at driving prices higher…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

With the changes coming to the Necromancer class wielding a greatsword

Wait… WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

Is this 100% confirmed?

Darn, I knew about new weapons available for the current professions but if this is true… I mean, I’m not really interested on the expansion (at least not much) but if this is true then… oh gods, I can’t wait

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

They told so… Because there are many Necros who wear greatswords in the story. Trahearne and Marjory. It is definitely confirmed.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m more interested in what is going to happen to legendary prices… Normal skins won’t change that much. Some of the BL skins may move a little, but I suspect they will stabilize pretty quickly.

The current generation of legendaries is probably going to quickly drop in price. I see no reason to have a legendary that anyone can buy off the TP when precursor scavenger hunt is coming with new legendaires. Hopefully they are account bound, and actually take skill to acquire.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I was thinking that about the Legendaries. People with unpopular precursors are very likely to lose money and I wouldn’t be surprised if the old Legendaries really dropped in price when the new “shinies” come out.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I’m more interested in what is going to happen to legendary prices… Normal skins won’t change that much. Some of the BL skins may move a little, but I suspect they will stabilize pretty quickly.

The current generation of legendaries is probably going to quickly drop in price. I see no reason to have a legendary that anyone can buy off the TP when precursor scavenger hunt is coming with new legendaires. Hopefully they are account bound, and actually take skill to acquire.

Depends on what you mean by skill. The official page lists them as “building new collections that earn precursors to a legendary weapon.” Considering the current collections mostly focus around grinding bosses for that 1/bajillion chance at getting the weapon skin unique to that bag or getting enough gold/loadstones to complete the set.

It’d be interesting if they made it tie in to the possible new "raid’ content but that would definitely be a new direction for Anet to say the least and come with no shortage of saltiness from people who only want to put in the minimum effort to get everything.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

daimasei.4091

They told so… Because there are many Necros who wear greatswords in the story. Trahearne and Marjory. It is definitely confirmed.

Well… Trahearne is know for “stealing” things and Marjory can summon bone bridges so I can’t really take them as a proof but, if this was announced at the PAX event, then I’m ok

-ArenaNet

daimasei.4091

I hope not, I’m still dreaming with the day I get a second Dusk to become rich a… wait! I got Dusk! And I sold it!

I… I just… Arrrggghhh!

-ArenaNet

(edited by daimasei.4091)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

They need to let us know if

The Polearms we saw will be using the same Spear skins or not so I can know if I should spend my time, energy and gold on Spear skins or not…

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

<snif... snif...> I smell some “pump n’ dump” in the air…
[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Thankfully, there will be lots more cool and awesome skins coming out in the expansion, so we wont have to buy any of these old ones.