HoT Pre-purchase up now.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Uproller.1849

Uproller.1849

Isn’t $40 – $50 pretty normal for an MMO expansion ?

It is ppl just want it for free.

Nice strawman. Well played.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Kail.4386

Kail.4386

I would be okay with the price if it included another character slot. I would wager that most people who have been playing this game awhile have used up all their free slots. To introduce a new class and not include a slot is rather low. It effectively makes the price $60.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Well we got them to respond and correct during the gem-exchange change fallout. Let’s hope we can summon that sort of unity again :P

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Nice straw man…

Its not and its kind of silly you bring this up. What is a fair prices? If it was 50$ with out the base game added on would this issues even come up? Tell to me WHY when adding more to the deal seems to give ppl “rights” to ask for more?

In-fact thinking 50$ is to much for an expansion is very silly to the point of assessments at ppl ability to self deny how real life works. Expansion are 50$+ most of the time for P2P mmorpgs for 50$ for a one time fee is good for a B2P.

If its too much then do not buy it. If missing out on the content is something that is worth 50$ to you then DO buy it. You can still play GW2 and nothing is being removed because of the expansion but guess what expansion ADD content so you would simply miss out on added content.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

No, not free at all. If the basic upgrade path for existing players was $35, there wouldn’t be such ill feelings and complaints. Especially when they’ve been putting accounts on sale and many of us have purchased additional accounts. Now it’s going to fracture our game play as Anet will be lucky if players buy one xpac, let alone a handful of them at these prices.

It doesn’t help that the expansion appears to be pretty small. I don’t see how what we know justifies $50. Including the full game with it does, but then we’re right back to previous buyers paying twice…

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Jski.6180

No, not free at all. If the basic upgrade path for existing players was $35, there wouldn’t be such ill feelings and complaints. Especially when they’ve been putting accounts on sale and many of us have purchased additional accounts. Now it’s going to fracture our game play as Anet will be lucky if players buy one xpac, let alone a handful of them at these prices.

Why 35$? Where did you get this info from? Did ppl make it up? If it did not come with this base game and made ppl buy the bases game would this be a non-issue?

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Sometimes there’s one moment where a game franchise and company reputation completely derails forever.

This is that moment I’m sad to say.

Guild Wars… we had some times. Back in the day.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I had no intention of pre-ordering HoT, but that price tag sure isn’t tempting me to change my mind.

The table is a fable.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Nice straw man…

Its not and its kind of silly you bring this up. .

Quote 1 single person in this thread explicitly saying they do not want to pay anything for it and that it should be free.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

I said this on a different thread, but i’ll say it here.

You don’t buy a sandwich for $6 and claim the cheese is $6 and the rest of the sandwich is free…

So yes, as veteran players we are paying the same to get less.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

I think the price is fine… But… It probably wouldn’t have hurt to give current players kitten -$10 dollar discount.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: LariscusObscurus.8127

LariscusObscurus.8127

While the price point does not bother me much I think that there is absolutely no incentive to pre-order anytime soon as there is not even a release date announced yet.
Even the closed beta does not have any dates set as of now and for all I know HoT could release in spring 2016.

Furthermore there is not much information available regarding the content of HoT and, I have to say, it does not look like it is much from what I have seen until now.
Three new areas, guild halls and a bunch of specializations sound like a content patch and not like a proper expansion to me, especially when compared to the GW1 expansions.

(edited by LariscusObscurus.8127)

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

It doesn’t help that the expansion appears to be pretty small. I don’t see how what we know justifies $50. Including the full game with it does, but then we’re right back to previous buyers paying twice…

^^this

If the expansion had 50$ worth of content and they were throwing the core game in for free to new players then it wouldn’t be an issue. The trouble is Anet hasn’t shown any indication that the amount of content being delivered in the xpac is worth amount.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: DarkAsh.4967

DarkAsh.4967

While the price point does not bother me much I think that there is absolutely no incentive to pre-order anytime soon as there is not even a release date announced yet.
Even the closed beta does not have any dates set as of now and for all I know HoT could release in spring 2016.

Furthermore there is not much information available regarding the content of HoT and, I have to say, it does not look like it is much from what I have seen until now.
Three new areas, guild halls and a bunch of specializations sound like a content patch and not like a proper expansion to me, especially when compared to the GW1 expansions.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Bingo.

If the expansion had 50$ worth of content and they were throwing the core game in for free to new players then it wouldn’t be an issue. The trouble is Anet hasn’t shown any indication that the amount of content being delivered in the xpac is worth amount.

Again, bingo.

Again, winner. I hope ANet is reading these comments and sees the light. I really do.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: DarkAsh.4967

DarkAsh.4967

Very very well said.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

Thing is, they’ve said multiple times that the HOT update is rather small, and more balancing and making preparations for further expansions…

they basically said, you aint gonna get much, then how dare they to ask that much????
if they would have priced it: €40,-for expansion €45,- + char slot, nobody would be here to complain about it, but fact is. we all bought the core game, and everywhere they say they wanna resell that to us. they just f’d up by saying core game included…

WE DONT NEED IT AGAIN!!! we have it, some have it multiple times…

tldr: 40-45euro for xpack with char slot would have been perfect, think about your veterans for once

For Glade and Glory

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

Considering what we’re getting with the expansion, I expected it be $40 INCLUDING an extra character slot. I’ll probably just wait til it hits $30 on sale, then snag it and also buy a character slot! =P

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

You all are looking at this from the wrong perspective. We who already own the game are paying for the opportunity to take out our frustration with all the terrible development decisions on our hard copy with a hammer. For 45€ / 50$ absolutely worth. x)))

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, I’m concerned with the way they did this that the number of players in the game will diminish significantly. Would hate to see the game begin to die out with only a small playerbase like Rift.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Xpan alone isn’t going to be 50. It’s just not up yet.

An expansion as a product is targeted first and foremost to current players. If pricing information is not provided about how current players will upgrade that means that current players are not the majority of the product’s target audience.

What’s up currently is an xpan+core game bundle. Obviously that isn’t the correct product for existing players so the price for xpan isn’t 50 dollars so it’s not been added to the store yet and they didn’t finish the page properly/on time. So wait for them to add it.

Of course current players are not the target audience because they want more people playing the game overall and most likely someone probably screwed up and didn’t finish on time~ either way the Xpan isn’t playable anytime soon so just wait. =/

Seems to me most of the people at E3 don’t even know what the hell GW2 is so it’s probably a good thing to prioritize the bundle.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Jski.6180

Nice straw man…

Quote 1 single person in this thread explicitly saying they do not want to pay anything for it and that it should be free.

Any one who wants to use gems to buy it? There a lot more then just this thread and most ppl would buy it with gems or in game gold if they could and comply destroy Anet as a viable business.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Fenrina.2954

What’s up currently is an xpan+core game bundle. Obviously that isn’t the correct product for existing players so the price for xpan isn’t 50 dollars so it’s not been added to the store yet and they didn’t finish the page properly/on time. So wait for them to add it.

I hope you’re right, but the fact it shows that price ingame makes me wonder.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

They confirmed there won’t be any more copies

“Hey all. As I mentioned on another thread, we are We’re really happy to be launching pre-purchase of Heart of Thorns! We just want to let you know that $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it. FYI: There won’t be any other HoT editions, just so you know.”

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a4720/no_preorder_without_core_game/cs969j7

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Drakonath.7096

Drakonath.7096

I’ve been selling trucks for years now. My customers really want me to start selling trailers. So I did. And if you pre order a trailer from me, it includes a free car. But only if you’ve never bought a truck from me before.

What a great deal wow so smart, intelligence level off the charts

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Im wont buy it…several reasons on the table:

- No physical stuff this time…
- Im not pre-paying twice the core game I already own. Sorry but here you are just including the core game to price it as a standalone game. Its an unfair deal for all the players who stick with you. Now you want to make unfair profit from our fidelity
- No release date. Not even a hint.
- We still know very little about the content… If it is really worth that price, then prove .
- Not preview pictures of the bonus of the “Im rich” edition…are we suposed to hand you 99$ blindly? Sorry but i dont want to be scammed.

If the expansion costed 30$ then i would gladly prepurchase it, and of course, not posting here my concern ,sadly its not the case and i feel very ofended because you want us to pay for the full game again just to get the new stuff.

You did this in the know that fans will buy the expansions regardless its price or the content that will introduce just to stay uptodate in the game…. I feel truely dissapointed.

I hope you will consider improving your deal

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I hope you’re right, but the fact it shows that price ingame makes me wonder.

Actually not sure anymore. I’m just going by rational logic but Anet may of broken that. ;o

You’d think with that price they’d create an entire new content the around the size of tyria but it’s hard to imagine that’s what we’re getting.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Nice straw man…

Any one who wants to use gems to buy it? There a lot more then just this thread and most ppl would buy it with gems or in game gold if they could and comply destroy Anet as a viable business.

A: That’s not a quote implying you are pulling this out of nowhere.
B: Gems are produced by someone, somewhere buying them from Anet with real world money. Letting people pay for this in gems wouldn’t harm Anet one bit.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

wtf? 45 euros?
This is price for a new console game, almost half more then price for new pc game. Someone in arenanet hit hard in head.
I dont think heart of thorns is worth so much, not enough content and not even a single character slot :O ??

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

I’m stunned. Eye of the North was between $25-$30 and offered 14 new areas and 18 new dungeons. That was nine years ago, yes, but inflation isn’t that bad. $30 in 2007 is now only $34 adjusted for inflation.

$50 is almost what I paid for the base game at release. For three areas and no additional character slots? Are you kidding me?

This isn’t a campaign like Nightfall or Factions with two new character slots and twenty or thirty new areas along with all the skins and skills associated with it. I feel like we’re being trolled.

Anet essentially killed whatever faith I had left in them. Three new areas and a new profession with no new character slots isn’t worth $50. I have better things to spend my money on. I’ll pick it up in a couple of years when they finally lower it to a reasonable price.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Well shoot. No way I can convince any of my friends to come back to the game at that price point.

I like the game, so now I am in a pickle on what to do. This sucks.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: putnik.8430

putnik.8430

Iam not mad about the price, but content, i would give 45e for more content, like GW1 Factions Or Nightfall, those are expansions. But this… this is ripoff.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Yppah.2157

Yppah.2157

Ok, so let me get this straight.
The expansion itself is just $50. The core game is just there for new players and it’s free.

So I’m being asked to pay $50 for an expansion, while a new player gets a whole new game and the expansion for the same price.

Something seems really off about this.

Attachments:

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Var.8305

Var.8305

I will not buy the xpac at this price, I played several online games and bought a lot of xpacs before, the thing here is; they are trying to sell me the next living world season for $50 (I am pretty sure the content will be that small) and not even giving me an extra slot.

Very disappointed, but nothing can make me feel bad right now, I’m going to spend my money in ps4 and that sweet ff7 remake and more games.

Sony wins indeed.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Fenrina.2954

Actually not sure anymore. I’m just going by rational logic but Anet may of broken that. ;o

You’d think with that price they’d create an entire new content the around the size of tyria but it’s hard to imagine that’s what we’re getting.

Yeah. It’s what I was afraid of when I heard there would be a paid expansion. It seems those fears were realized. :/

I agree. This had better be some amazing expansion if they want me to pay $50…

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Looks like I’m gong to pass on this for quite a while. I was looking to pay $30 with no character slot at the most, given how much content it seems that there will be. $50 is way too much, especially given that they force you to repurchase the base game.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

HAHAHAHA. oh god.. it’s like ANET is going out of their way to lose respect. these prices are just silly.

Can’t wait to see the white Knights justify how this meager expansion costs more than the GW1 full Campaigns +2 character slots.

First off, how old is GW1? How long ago was that? Are you completely mental?

But no, I’m not justifying anything. I don’t need to justify anything. I really hope that none of you people complaining about the price buy it. I will personally be happier in my life and my gaming if I never see you in the heart of maguuma. Please do not purchase this. It’s too much for you.

I just bought it. It isn’t about being happy about the price. I expected it to be less as well, but whatever. I was going to buy it anyway. So I got the Ultimate Edition, and I can justify it to myself because the gem cost of all the add ons makes the cost of the game seem less. That’s to me, and I’m really the only person who matters where my purchases are concerned.

I will personally be happier in my life and my gaming if I never see you in the heart of maguuma. Please do not purchase this. It’s too much for you.

GW2, home of the friendliest community in the MMO scene…

Oh we’re extremely open and welcoming. That’s friendly. This isn’t about being welcoming, this is not listening to the QQing of the people who are already here.

Well don’t listen to it, then? No one is asking you to come into this thread and defend the price and be rude to others. You can express yourself in a kinder fashion, yes? I know you can!

As for me, I’m holding off on pre-purchasing in hopes that they will substitute the base game for a character slot. That will make me happy. Or maybe have it where if you “upgrade” your current account that it will automatically add a character slot.

Well then, I suppose it’s worthwhile that I never defended anything. I’m being no more rude than anyone else. If anyone here thinks that coming and complaining about the price will make any difference or saying they’re getting kicking in the gut, they’re hugely mistaken. It’s just as much my right to say that you’re complaints about the situation are unnecessary as it is for you to come and complain in the first place. And if you don’t like seeing someone say that, then I will throw it right back in your face, you don’t have to come here and read it.

Having a difference of opinion isn’t a free pass to call people “completely mental”. Nice try. Also, the general flavor of your posts are toxic. You may want to reevaluate how easily you are tormented if others buying a game ruins your day so easily. Goodbye.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

New players win again.

Alright fellow veterans, we take the bench again as Tyria gets overrun by the bearbow army.

Blame Anet’s staggeringly rubbish design for that.

Should be nothing wrong with using a bow and practically any other (non-tank) pet dies within 2 secs, which is not the new player’s fault.

If you don’t like it, campaign for them to make ranged weaps and pets better.

Instead of complaining about people who just, logically, try to play their ranger like a ranger and use a pet with some kind of longevity.

HAHAHAHA. oh god.. it’s like ANET is going out of their way to lose respect. these prices are just silly.

Can’t wait to see the white Knights justify how this meager expansion costs more than the GW1 full Campaigns +2 character slots.

First off, how old is GW1? How long ago was that? Are you completely mental?

Well, the thing is, that wages have not gone up much since then for a lot of people and austerity cuts are targeting the poor and the middle class (such as it is, now); not the very few rich people.

Also, we have been in deflation, recently, in the UK.

Then there have been cuts to affordable credit.

So, one way and another, many people actually have less spare cash than they had back then, if anything; not more.

This is what happens when you try to make the poor pay for the super-rich.

It actually affects consumer capitalism negatively, as you reduce the number of ordinary people who can afford to buy things.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Well i was thinking of price like 30$ max and that includes atleast 1 character slot but this is just insane…50$ :O
Wonder what fool will buy 100$ pack just for additional gems and items trash.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Exohydra.5648

Exohydra.5648

What I’ve seen of the expansion doesn’t justify to me the cost. Maybe this will change when they show more stuff but if it doesn’t I guess I’m shelving this game till it goes on sale for a better price.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The pricing is crazy.

New player: for $50 you get the base game with all the old maps and its events, hearts, skins etc, 5 character slots and the expansion.
Old player: for $50 you get the expansion.

Somehow it doesn’t feel like a bargain for the old player. >.>

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I will personally be happier in my life and my gaming if I never see you in the heart of maguuma. Please do not purchase this. It’s too much for you.

GW2, home of the friendliest community in the MMO scene…

Oh we’re extremely open and welcoming. That’s friendly. This isn’t about being welcoming, this is not listening to the QQing of the people who are already here.

Hahah, your custom definition of friendly is so advantageously unique.
You’re welcoming of new people until they show that they don’t think like you, then you tell them to gtfo & lable them “whiners”. No, you’re not friendly at all. You’e an arrogant White Knight that labels any questioning of Anet’s actions as unacceptable.

Most people here are saying, essentially “this is too kitten ed expensive” which is normal behavior when it comes to determining the value of something. Noone is saying it should be free. or that they “deserve” the expansion. The idea that everyone is QQing or somehow over reacting is pretty much unfounded. But probably necessary for you to justify your gtfo outrage.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

What I’ve seen of the expansion doesn’t justify to me the cost. Maybe this will change when they show more stuff but if it doesn’t I guess I’m shelving this game till it goes on sale for a better price.

Yeah, one thing I think is interesting is that they still haven’t told us how many maps we’re getting & how big they are. (or how many new armor & weapons skins to the game or even what the Masteries all are) But they are very willing to sell it to us!

Red flag.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Yppah.2157

[————————————————————-]

Attachments:

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: bigbobpataki.4796

bigbobpataki.4796

[————————————————————-]

wow, its like plans never change during the course of developing an expansion.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Unless ANet has been holding back a lot of information, HoT just doesn’t seem to have that much content.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

60$ is what I paid for GW2 at launch. It included 5 character slots, 5 different races, 8 professions, a huge world to explore, a bunch of dungeons, PvP, WvW, and hundreds of skins and I think I’m forgetting a lot.

Now, for 50$ I get, no character slot, 1 extra profession, 1 new area to explore, guild halls. Unless they have tons of content they haven’t told us about how can anyone not think it isn’t a bad deal?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: bigbobpataki.4796

bigbobpataki.4796

Unless ANet has been holding back a lot of information, HoT just doesn’t seem to have that much content.

Holding back on information for a proper build up to the xpac launch a month or two before it launches? Never happen.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

The pricing is crazy.

New player: for $50 you get the base game with all the old maps and its events, hearts, skins etc, 5 character slots and the expansion.
Old player: for $50 you get the expansion.

Somehow it doesn’t feel like a bargain for the old player. >.>

Agreed, and I hope they realise how awfull that deal is intead of celebrating it. And if they dont change their minds for whatever reason, well, simply dont buy it.

HoT Pre-purchase up now.

Yppah.2157

[————————————————————-]

wow, its like plans never change during the course of developing an expansion.

Wow, it’s like Anet should’ve been a little more transparent.