HoT Upgrade Pack for Existing GW2 Players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Markhov.4603

Markhov.4603

Good day.

I believe it is not just only me find the HoT packages are ridiculous. You may want to consider another package which is call “Upgrade” for existing GW2 players as not everyone need those bonus stuffs. Like me, as a casual player I don’t need all of them. Looking at the Standard package which cost $49.99 and claims the package will come with Core Game with HoT expansion. I already paid for the Core Game earlier and why should I pay another time for Core Game again instead of just HoT expansion?

If these packages are release in country like Australia with strong consumer law, there will be troubles for sure. I hope ANET would look into the packages and consider again. Just go ahead with another Upgrade package which cost like maybe less than the Standard.

Peace and Cheers.

So long as there are men, there will be wars.

(edited by Markhov.4603)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

No. They won’t. And they shouldn’t.

The price is right in line with what MMO expansions cost. Deal with it.

Markhov.4603

Even if they won’t, I’ll just leave the voice here. Many are complaining now about the Standard package, which we are paying the core game TWICE. Think about it.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

No. They’re not. Stop defending it.

The proof is in the pudding. Would you have payed $99 for Living World Season 1? 2? Even both combined? Would you have been happy with what you got?

If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you, as well as being a Nigerian Prince who just needs your checking account number for your winnings from our lottery you never entered.

Posted by: Cell.6821

Cell.6821

If the expansion is “in line” with other games, then sure.

However the amount of content is NOT “in line” and thus it doesn’t justify the cost for existing owners like I am.

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

The Expansion is $49.99 (Standard) if you buy it on a new Account that doesn’t own the Core game you get the Core game for free. Now I am not defending the price just wanted to clear that up. I for one think this is far to expensive for the amount of content that they have shown us up to this point compared to other MMOs hell even Guild Wars 1. I mean come on we don’t even get a single free Character Slot for buying the Standard Edition?

Markhov.4603

The Expansion is $49.99 (Standard) if you buy it on a new Account that doesn’t own the Core game you get the Core game for free. Now I am not defending the price just wanted to clear that up. I for one think this is far to expensive for the amount of content that they have shown us up to this point compared to other MMOs hell even Guild Wars 1. I mean come on we don’t even get a single free Character Slot for buying the Standard Edition?

And this is why I am suggesting them to come out with new pack which calls “Upgrade”, just give us the HoT expansion content with lower price as we are not going to double pay for the core game, this is unfair and should escalate to tribunal court.

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

Last expansion for SWTOR was $20. Last expansion for GW1 was $25.

Don’t have to deal with anything, just not wasting $50 on three new areas.

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

And this is why I am suggesting them to come out with new pack which calls “Upgrade”, just give us the HoT expansion content with lower price as we are not going to double pay for the core game, this is unfair and should escalate to tribunal court.

You aren’t buying the Core game again tho. The Expansion is $49.99 but if you buy it on a all new account you get the Core game for free.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Yes, other MMO expansions which include much much more content then HoT.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: SierraRei.8526

SierraRei.8526

No it’s not. There was one World of Warcraft expansion that cost $50, and that’s it.

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Last I checked some time ago core game cost 10$ so ur paying 40$ for expansion if you buy car for certain price you can’t sell it for same if you don’t like price you font need to buy expansion

Markhov.4603

Another thing is we need to pay to play betas? That is ridiculous too!

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Another thing is we need to pay to play betas? That is ridiculous too!

(laugh) I’m so glad I didn’t farm for that beta drop item now. Saw this one coming a mile away.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Last expansion for SWTOR was $20. Last expansion for GW1 was $25.

Don’t have to deal with anything, just not wasting $50 on three new areas.

Literally this. If HoT had as much content as the base game I paid for 3 weeks ago, maybe. I might add in the original FAQ for (which they have shadow updated now) that HoT required the base game. Which is shady, and to be frank I feel lied to.

As it stand the only thing it will bring is 3 maps, a guild map, a new class, and a competitive ladder(what ever that means). I understand development costs and a lot of work was put into the expansion but it only seems like a mere 100 hours of content compared to the base game which is well worth its dollar.

If anet wants to sell it at 50$ fine that’s there choice, but they are really going to have to start showing what level depth of content were talking here. I mean I could buy witcher 3 right now for the same price and easily get 500 hours out of the game.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Posted by: Uproller.1849

Uproller.1849

Now that they released it it’s hard to undo it since people already brought it and they cannot change it without getting flak from both sides.

Markhov.4603

Now that they released it it’s hard to undo it since people already brought it and they cannot change it without getting flak from both sides.

Purchase record can be tracked, either they go refund or giving other bonuses or compensation due to the bad business deal that they created.